Default Brand new bugs, YAY /sarcasm

New fresh exciting bugs!

1. Min 2 HP bracers now block shield of faith.
    2. Vibrant purple ioun stone blocks Lore of the Twelve.
    3. Epic Rock Boots block FoM (this one has been around a while I think)
    4. My character disappears at transitions, sometimes in quests (a new transition to a different area fixes it) sometimes on the ship, sometimes just going in and out of a quest or area or tavern.
    5. There seem to be a lot more invisible bumps for my toon to trip on and get stuck in.

This update is so fun! Woohoo.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Shield of Faith effect from DDO Wiki:
    Creates a shimmering, magical field around an ally that averts attacks, giving a +2 deflection bonus to Armor Class. This bonus is increased by 1 for every 6 caster levels.
    Suffix Protection:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Cloak_of_Protection
    Image taken from DDO Wiki as example.

Both are deflection bonuses which are not supposed to stack so if it does block SoF now, it sure is a fix and no bug.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Did Lore of the Twelve stack with the Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone before the patch? I didn't think they ever stacked.
    Lore of the Twelve (+1 non-stacking* spell penetration, +1 non-stacking* DC on evocations/conjurations that you cast) *Does not stack with Spell Penetration/Focus on items.

The character disappearing after changing zones is a common new bug. Here's one of the threads:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=371354
    Hopefully Turbine will be able to isolate and fix this bug soon.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

I never used vibrant purple before this. But Lore of the Twelve does not just give spell pen... and it DOES cast if I have another item with spell penetration on like a crafted item. It might not actually do anything once it's cast, I don't care, the point is that:

- vibrant purple - Lore does not even get cast
    - other Spell Pen item - Lore does get cast.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Also. My min2 did NOT used to block shield of faith before I TRed and before the latest update. I used to cast it all the time and had my min2 bracers on.
    Toons on Orien:

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    I never used vibrant purple before this. But Lore of the Twelve does not just give spell pen... and it DOES cast if I have another item with spell penetration on like a crafted item. It might not actually do anything once it's cast, I don't care, the point is that:

- vibrant purple - Lore does not even get cast
    - other Spell Pen item - Lore does get cast.
    Select yourself and press Z. The buff should show up there.

Wear an item with Greater <element> resist and try and get its shrine... no buff on the bar but it shows up when pressing Z and/or when unequiping the item that already has the same [or greater] effect.

ie: You get the buff, it just is 'hidden' - likely for the purpose of saving space on the UI - until you unequip the item giving the same [or greater] effect.

In regards to min II, it was likely fixed to not display when the same effect was active. (Again, likely for saving space on the UI)
    Last edited by Darknark; 05-11-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Gordy - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith
    Agordmil - Agordmils - Byoh - Crocodylia - Schrödingers - MooseAlert - Zufallig - Mooselicker
    Solo ToD (Arcane) no pots & My build

You know how the buffs have visual effects when they're applying to you, right?

Well, when I have a spell pen item on, the VISUAL effect of it getting cast on me actually occurs.
    When I have vibrant purple on, there is NO visual effect.

I am not understanding what about min2's makes it so shield of faith does not apply but at least the VISUAL used to happen. It doesn't.

It still makes no sense to me.
    Toons on Orien: