I recently decided to start doing some teaching runs where the mechanics of the endgame raids would be explained to new players, first timers or even veterans that ran it many times but never quite understood how it worked.
Although my knowledge is not infinite, I have been raiding for a long time and I will do my best to answer any questions.
You might know me as xSithx ingame, from Elite Raiders.
ER runs tend to be a little picky as we raid a lot and want fast completions, and there are many new players out there that are excluded from these raids and some would like to learn those raids.
When I was a new player, no one taught me any raids, I spent hours reading the DDO wiki, watching videos on youtube to see how one specific raid worked. Believe it or not, I did my first TOD when I already had an epic sos as raid leaders didn't want first timer healers.
No one taught me how to run an abbot, but a friend and I were really annoyed at not being able to do the raid so we spent hours going in there, taking him down to 75%, one would scout, kill himself if it wasn't the puzzle we wanted, and started all over again until we were able to do each puzzle to the perfection. Tyraelica and I now lead abbots about twice a week.
So what raids will be done?
All the endgame Raids :
- Epic Chrono
- Epic Demon Queen
- Epic VoN6 (von5 explained as well)
- Master Artificer
- Lord of Blades
- Ascension Chamber (Abbot)
- Note that if ppl are interested in doing other raids or even just quests, I will be available for those
What's the goal?
Giving a chance to anyone who wants to do so to learn the mechanics of a raid.
Of course, we will try to complete the raid but there is the possibility of failure.
No one will be blamed for making a mistake.
Healers will not be expected to drink pots although it is advised they bring some heal scrolls along.
- You must be willing to dedicate some time to learn it. If we fail, be ready to try once more.
- You must be able to communicate within the group. You must be able to listen to instructions (Although I am French, my English is decent and I haven't found people that had trouble understanding me).
- Your toon must have the basics : 100% Fortification, 350+ Hit points.
- You must be flagged for the raid and have the prerequisites for the raid if any. For example have the Boots of Anchoring for TOD ( I do have a few ingredients left that can be given if needed before the raid for crafting the boots).
*Note : Some of the raids require some amount of gear to be done without using resources. That includes DR breakers (Epic chrono, Epic DQ, LOB,...), high enough to hit, etc.
I am helping teaching the raid mechanics but you must understand that even with that knowledge, you might not be accepted in a group doing Epic Chrono or Epic DQ without at least a shroud tier 3 weapon.
My personal philosophy is that I will not start running epics on a toon before it has a tier 3 shroud weapon and item. I encourage any new player to do the same.
People must understand that not allowing a non geared toon join an epic or endgame raid is doing them a favor.
This applies to you casters : there is a difference between not allowing a drow wizard with 30 enchant .DCs (yes, for real) to join an eDA and being picky.
The post below will show what raids will be ran and when they will be ran - Feel free to Sign up if you meet the requirements.