Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it just me or the game has become a little "unstable"?

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Ugh... please ignore my title as now I find it misleading. (Sorry) I'm just talking specifically about some technical issues that may or may not be caused by recent/latest update(s).
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I know that devs prefer to see this in bug report section but I can't describe the issues I had precisely enough (because I don't know how to duplicate them). For the past 2 or 3 days I've had lots of "tiny bits of bugs" here and there. Here are some examples:

1. After buffing in my guild ship and zoning back onto the ship deck, my character sometimes "disappears." I can only see the weapons I'm carrying floating in mid air as if a ghost is carrying them.

2. Sometimes after dragging the map in my map window, my cursor remains in "drag-mode" even when it's out of map window, and I can't click and use spells/items on my hotbars.

3. In Abbot raid some very experienced players (some in guilds that run Abbots regularly, others have run it a quite few times with myself and have been doing perfectly fine in roid room) complained about not being able to destroy incoming roids although they were aiming properly (mouse look on, middle players /sleep, aiming at bottom of roids etc) AND some roids that seemed to come out of nowhere. In fact it caused us 2 or 3 wipes in a row.

4. After completing the main fight in LoB, 2 members in our group (including myself) entered the fire elemental room but the elemental didn't show up. In other rooms elementals spawned normally and were killed. We had to send a ticket and (with the aid of a GM) reenter the fire room to have it spawned. The GM said he/she has never seen such problem before.

5. Loss of frames here and there, but they are shorter than "the lags" I'm familiar with.

6. Today in a quest my character suddenly got "stuck" but it's not like any stucking I ever had before. It was like a mixture of getting disconnected, getting stuck on a stuck point, and getting stuck by mobs surrounding you. I was able to move slightly horizontally, which is unlike DCing, but I felt as if I'm trapped in my character's hit box and can't move further. There were animations of me swinging at mobs (when I press attack) and mobs attacking me (I was surrounded by mobs at that time) but no damage numbers on either side were shown. I could use message / item / social panels as usual. But in the end I had to restart client to get rid of the problem.

Most of the mentioned problems aren't game breaking but as of today it's getting a bit annoying. I just wanna see if anyone has similar problems after the latest update. If you do please share it here (Or even better submit in bug forums if you have better clue than me)... Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by loren9109; 05-05-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Yes, the game gets worse and worse.
    Lag, stability and fun-wise.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

Default Unstable? Haven't seen that... bugs, yes.

It seems you're not alone.

Shortly after 13.2 was released (couple of days), I got stuck in architecture in Delera's part 2 - twice, in 2 different locations. Using /stuck got me out of the first one, but of course I wasn't able to use it again so I had to wait inside a column while the group completed the hard run. Also yesterday I ran with someone who said he could not see his character on the screen. Not sure if/how he fixed it.

On the flip side, I guess it does feel like the game runs pretty smoothly at the moment - or it could just be the good responsiveness is due to the low level quests I'm running through.

Anyway, keep reporting bugs - preferably within the game when you find them and I hope they are whittled down.
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

If we're building a list of 13.2 issues players notice, I've seen most of those. Maint this Monday may address, I don't know.

I've also got some skin color problems on a crafted docent, I have re equip after logon to get the color changes, but only the color.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

As has been said elsewhere, in order to set the stage for the Expansion pack, 13.2 contained, among other things, an entirely new "physics engine" or underlying set of math and movement rules for DDO. Its very reasonable that a few small things would arise with such a fundamental change -- I'm sure the devs are paying close attention and working on it.

I've been mostly coving so I haven't noticed these, but I can tell you the "feel" is better, the game seems to be responding more smoothly and "feels" a little faster to me - now all they have to do is work out the remaining kinks.

Community Member

I have noticed degradation in performance issues too. Some key unusual things.

1. Sometimes while backing my toon will stop and act as though some obstacle is behind him. It is quite weird. Noticed it a lot while kiting as an archer.

2. Spells and effects missfire a whole lot more. For example, occasionally an area of effect spell will not effect mobs even though the spell fired and spell points were lost. Manyshot occasionally does not go off even though the timer resets.

These incidents seem to occur quite a bit anymore.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by tinyelvis View Post
    Manyshot occasionally does not go off even though the timer resets. .
    argh. that happened to me yesterday in cove. i thought i was imagining it, or just *thought* i was off timer and wasn't, but as i was in cove, in the middle of a heavy fight, i didn't really have the time to look more closely at what was going on

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinyelvis View Post
    I have noticed degradation in performance issues too. Some key unusual things.

1. Sometimes while backing my toon will stop and act as though some obstacle is behind him. It is quite weird. Noticed it a lot while kiting as an archer.

2. Spells and effects missfire a whole lot more. For example, occasionally an area of effect spell will not effect mobs even though the spell fired and spell points were lost. Manyshot occasionally does not go off even though the timer resets.

These incidents seem to occur quite a bit anymore.
    I've run into the odd 'invisible object' lately too. Evaporating spells and attacks (particularly ranged attacks) have been going on for a while, although it's gotten worse the last few weeks. I've assumed it's just lag that gets magnified by the events.

Community Member

Yeah, that's why I wrote a "whole lot more." Because to me it seems like spell drop rate has increased dramatically. Usually these things happen at the worst times. When you are really busy defending yourself, for example. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say like 10% of the time, though dont quote me on that number. As for manyshot, it might have something to do with casting divine power just prior to using manyshot. But I dont know for sure. Maybe there is some overlap in cool down and activation timers causing the miss fires.
    Last edited by tinyelvis; 05-05-2012 at 08:06 AM.

As you see, it's not just you.
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member MaximumCharisma's Avatar

Yes, what you described has happened. I hope that the developers are aware that the game has a very different feel now. It looks way better, but is much more "unstable"

It bounces around a lot to me now. As if im lagging but its not lag, its clearly as if the game isn't sure where I should be at a certain moment and on what angle/level my view of the game should be. Thats the only way I can describe it.
    Yusif and Secondlife of Sarlona

If you use your manyshot (or any spell/ability) and it goes into cooldown but doesnt activate, just keep pressing the button, it will fire.

Having to do this alot more on any caster, hit heal..nothing. Hit heal..and keep clicking..heals

i have disconnected EVERY TIME ive tried to enter the necropolis since 13.2. this is not normal, i dont run a high-end set by any means, but normally it takes a few toon swaps or a lengthy gaming session (6+hours no client reset) for a zone-in dc to occur. airship-DC->necro->vol->recall->DC->necro->inferno->recall->DC should not, and has historically not, been happening. something's changed, and my gut feeling tells me whatever HAS changed cant/wont be changed back. i see absolutely nothing that benefits me from 13.2 and my /roll for disconnect has loaded dice. maybe it's my fault for not running a gaming rig, but that's why i LIKED ddo- i dont have a top-end system but i could enjoy my game time reasonably well. now the crafting hall is my new Sands, and the Sands is the new logout button.
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumCharisma View Post
    Yes, what you described has happened. I hope that the developers are aware that the game has a very different feel now. It looks way better, but is much more "unstable"

It bounces around a lot to me now. As if im lagging but its not lag, its clearly as if the game isn't sure where I should be at a certain moment and on what angle/level my view of the game should be. Thats the only way I can describe it.
    I've been having trouble hitting enemies because I don't seem to actually be where my avatar says I am. This isn't all the time, but it's often enough to make playing difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormanne View Post
    Has anyone else ran into this?

Monster completes a single attack animation but getting five (5) sets of red numbers and the combat log records five (5) attacks landed. At first I thought I was getting attacked by multiple enemies due to being in Smuggler's Rest. Testing against a single enemy (ogre) in a dungeon resulted in a mixed bag. Standard, single swing attacks would result in one (1) to five (5) attacks worth of damage and corresponding red numbers, including the ranged attacks. But, the ogre three swing charge would record normally.
    Copied from a thread I started, but no one replied to. This is what I've been experiencing.

These aren't the servers you're looking for.

BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Last two posts were wrong... it's neither the servers nor your imagination. It's your machine.

Kinda like it's my 8-core, 3.6GHZ, 32 GB RAM and 560ti - just not built to handle DDO.

Didn't you get the dev memo? We are now playing in live beta.

Community Member

Im generally getting feeling of game client running slightly 'heavier' than earlier. Some tiny delays where there used to be none, familiar loading delays little bit longer etc. And no its not my machine, quite clean install and pretty recently installed whole OS and game client.

Its hard to describe, maybe something like "bumpy ride?" It doesent behave the way it used to, the way you anticipate. Sometimes its indeed tiny things, but overall experience is notably different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast