Community Member

Default Curious about oceanic population on Khyber

Afternoon folks,

I'm pretty new to the game and was just wondering what the oceanic population is like on Khyber? My low level chars are over on Thalenis (spelling) but I asked around the last few nights in general chat over there and it seems like the server is pretty dead during my gaming hours. A quick google search suggested Khyber might be a better fit.

I've become attached to my little noob paladin though and would rather server transfer than start again, so I just wanted to get a general idea of how things are over here during the australia/new zealand evening, since i'm in NZ.

On a side note, would there be many guilds interested in a new player? I've played a lot of MMOs, and although i'm not too interested in a heavy raiding schedule (It's eaten up far to much time in the past) I would love an active guild.

Anyways, that's about it. Thank ya'll for taking the time to read my query.

Quote Originally Posted by caledor View Post
    Afternoon folks,

I'm pretty new to the game and was just wondering what the oceanic population is like on Khyber? My low level chars are over on Thalenis (spelling) but I asked around the last few nights in general chat over there and it seems like the server is pretty dead during my gaming hours. A quick google search suggested Khyber might be a better fit.

I've become attached to my little noob paladin though and would rather server transfer than start again, so I just wanted to get a general idea of how things are over here during the australia/new zealand evening, since i'm in NZ.

On a side note, would there be many guilds interested in a new player? I've played a lot of MMOs, and although i'm not too interested in a heavy raiding schedule (It's eaten up far to much time in the past) I would love an active guild.

Anyways, that's about it. Thank ya'll for taking the time to read my query.

Khyber is the home to a lot of the Aussie's, so you shouldn't find much trouble finding groups/guilds running in your time frame. I'm a late night US player, so I tend to run the same time frame and rarely have issues finding someone to play with. If you're going to do a server move, this is probably going to be your best bet for your time frame.
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

khyber has 'fun' PUGs
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Brissy Australia(u wouldn't know where the real town was)

Yup tons of us Aussie and u sheep f.......
    on Kyber

Joking about the sheep thing
    Man u guys can play rugby!

Cheers

Community Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, definitely sounds like the server I should be on. Love the sheep comment :P

Whether or not to transfer or to just reroll is the issue now since the transfers are pretty pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by caledor View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys, definitely sounds like the server I should be on. Love the sheep comment :P

Whether or not to transfer or to just reroll is the issue now since the transfers are pretty pricey.
    I personally would only pay to transfer if I had a high level toon with a lot of grind worthy gear--otherwise, it's easy enough to just reroll. We have some pretty decent PUGS over here, so it shouldn't be hard to lvl yourself back up
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Sarlona has a good population of aussies and kiwis too, the croations and chinese really pad up evenings NZ time to really prevent any real "server deadtime"

helps if you zerg or speak chinese though.