Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow, that is terrible, I am really sorry to hear about this.

I once had this happen in part 4, he just wouldn't come down. It was a Sunday afternoon and we waited about 15 minutes, but eventually a GM responded and unstuck him.

What bothers me in this GMs response is that he didn't seem to provide any reassurance about what he COULD do, only what he COULDN'T do. This is rule number one of customer service. Heck, it's rule number one of just about any job. Own the problem. Make it your personal responsibility to figure out what you can do to correct it, and then do it. If he tried to unstick him and it didn't work, well fricken try it again. If there is absolutely NOTHING you can do, at least tell the poor schmos what you tried. Tell them, I am looking at the boss and he appears to be unstuck, but is for some reason not advancing. I am sorry but there is no way for me to advance the quest from here.

DDO has some of the absolute worst customer service that I have ever experienced. The complete lack of any communication, or reassurance, about what they can and will do. It's disgusting.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Shouldn't this thread be in achievements?

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    GM can't fix bad code.
    I totally get that. BUT, what he could do is somethink like this:

"Hey guys, I tried to unstick the boss. It didn't work. There's really nothing else I can do for you guys, so you're better off FOing and re-running. Sorry about the inconvenience. I know it kinda sucks."

What is crappy about the DDO GMs is that

1: They can't do much.
    2: They don't communicate well.

The result is that it feels like the company is just taking a leak all over you while telling their friends so they can all laugh at you for being soaked with urine.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Yeh the problem i see here is waiting 3 hours but not getting any clear direction from a gm to say "You should leave the instance no one will be able to help you."

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be in achievements?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    Wow, that is terrible, I am really sorry to hear about this.

I once had this happen in part 4, he just wouldn't come down. It was a Sunday afternoon and we waited about 15 minutes, but eventually a GM responded and unstuck him.

What bothers me in this GMs response is that he didn't seem to provide any reassurance about what he COULD do, only what he COULDN'T do. This is rule number one of customer service. Heck, it's rule number one of just about any job. Own the problem. Make it your personal responsibility to figure out what you can do to correct it, and then do it. If he tried to unstick him and it didn't work, well fricken try it again. If there is absolutely NOTHING you can do, at least tell the poor schmos what you tried. Tell them, I am looking at the boss and he appears to be unstuck, but is for some reason not advancing. I am sorry but there is no way for me to advance the quest from here.

DDO has some of the absolute worst customer service that I have ever experienced. The complete lack of any communication, or reassurance, about what they can and will do. It's disgusting.
    After you the GM did all that he FoD's Harry's punk A$$ and all are happy and that GM is now a hero to all the people.

~Icon~, ~Darkblight~, ~Blaklotus~, ~Trappedn~ and Trapnhaggle

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Yes
    Only with the screen shot!
    Anjoa-Plase-Thatsmine-Tacoe-Gizmodo-Booch-Khonn-Konnto-Khonno-Khonni-Khonne
    The Free Companions

Hum when a GM tells he can not advance a raid that may not quite be true. I was in a VON5 where we killed the end boss but the dogs kept respawning so it could not end. A GM finaly came to our aid and respawned the boss but we asked him to monitor it for us which he did. We again killed the boss and once again the dogs did not die. The difference this time was that a GM was watching so he said OK I will manualy advance the raid which he did and we finished.
    There is a thread on it somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    GM can't fix bad code.
    i solo'd framework on elite once was a total pain for my lvl at the time,finnaly got all but boss dead and he bugged in a wall,my ticket took bout 7 mins for the gm to insta kill him for me.

Sad to see ppl still bother submitting tickets to GMs these days, while even lobotomized monkeys can offer better services.

Quote Originally Posted by TWDiggs1980 View Post
    Who are you running with so I can avoid them. Normal shroud shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
    LOL, I was being generous. Certainly a guild/channel run doesn't take that long, but I pug enough to know that some pugs don't exactly move at high speed. Pugs are often still shocked at a "one rounder". Well at least we aren't still back in the days of 3 rounder pugs.

Community Member

Default Wow

I'm pretty amazed 12 people stuck around so long. For several years now, any bug appears that requires a GM, I've got about 5 minutes max patience. I have found its just easier to start over if its not fixed after 5 mins, just too hit and miss to wait around. I'm not blaming the system, its just the way it is, some problems take 2 minutes, sometimes it could be an hour or more.

I made the decision not to wait anymore than 5 minutes years ago when Von 2 was changed when people drop off an edge the quest continued but they were teleported to spider room. After the 3rd run when people fall off but her "things" get lost and 40-50 minute wait each time for the DM to fix, was the end for me. 5 mins max on any quest, then i'm outta there. Faster and more fun to just run again, even in a painful quest I'd rather be doing something than staring at my inventory and other LFM's!

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    It's been 3 hrs now and still waiting in a SGM to answer my ticket so I officially have the servers longest shroud
    RTFM on Khyber

meeeh, seems like abig conspiracy against GM's, give them some love

Screenshots or it didn;t happen
    Thelanis: Botar, Klogar, Saludar, Shantarr, Karygon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12