Default Avengers the Movie: no spoilers, awesomeness thread

Just saw this movie..

absolutely one of the best superhero movies I ever saw..
    this is this generation's star wars, only without a lightsaber.

Hulk, smash!!!

This is a must see. I saw it in 2D and was incredible.
    Really wanted more.
    Stay for 2 scenes after the movie, one in the credits and one at the end of the credits.

Audience laughing, clapping, cheering....

Worst part of movie: having to wait for avengers 2.

bestest superheroest movie ever-est....

this is the new bar for these types of movies.

action was balanced with stories which made this different than a lot of movies like this.

hands down, must see, at least twice....2d and 3d.

this was a great entertainment experience.
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

I watched 1/2 greenlantern and /ragequit.
    Now I gotta watch Thor before going for Avengers. Will do it this weekend!
    Can't wait!
    I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Community Member

Joss Whedon is awesome!!!!!

Definitely an excellent movie...i only have one complaint, and not really so much a complaint as it was necessary and likely taken care of in part two...

I felt the ending was rushed...too much time with "back story and everyone's timelines...and not enough, "there, now that we all introduced, storylines set up, etc, now the antagonist can begin..."

don't want to give anything away, and i'm sure it'll be reversed in part two, and that was likely the reason for it lol, but i wanted more smash!!!

That being said, second favorite movie of the year thus far, for some reason, Battleship just blew me away...(another one with same complaint...)

Maybe i'm just used to three hour movies lol...
    R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Saw it tonight in 3D. Think I still like 2D movies better honestly...the 3D is more distracting than anything, 2 characters are talking but I can't tear my eyes off of the tree branch on the edge of the screen sticking out at me in 3D for some reason. Will probably see it again in 2D.

Awesome movie though. First movie to get the Hulk right I thought. I was kinda disappointed with the previous Hulk films, but Joss Whedon did it right this time. I liked all the characters, but Hulk steals the show I think.

Looking forward to Battleship (May 18 US release I think?) and Prometheus (no clue when US release is) also.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolani View Post
    Saw it tonight in 3D. Think I still like 2D movies better honestly...the 3D is more distracting than anything, 2 characters are talking but I can't tear my eyes off of the tree branch on the edge of the screen sticking out at me in 3D for some reason...
    Every generation of 3D, film makers do this silliness. YES, we get it, it's 3d, now stop distracting us and tearing down the what is it, 4th curtain?, and let us just sink into the depth!

Community Member

Saw it twice this weekend due to its awesomeness.

Black widow became more than just the eye candy from the previous films.

Finally a good portrayal of hulk (who also delivered the biggest laughs)

The rest of the Avengers are excellent too.

Oh and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill!

Thanks Joss.

"Better clench up Legolas!"

PS UK watchers don't need to bother to wait for the very end of the credits as we don't get the second extra scene.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Joss Whedon is awesome!!!!!
    Excellent point.

If you want to satisfy the fanbois (not used disparagingly here but rather to acknowledge them as being your toughest crowd), then get a fanboi to direct it.

From all accounts, having to wait until Avengers 2 is the worst thing about the movie....but remember that we have an Ironman 3, Thor 2 and possibly movies to 'splain some of the lesser-known member's backgrounds before Avengers 2 comes out sometime in probably mid- to late-2014.

But please....no Green Lantern 2, k?

Community Member ShaitainFerenczy's Avatar
    The City of Sigil at the Nexus of the Multiverse.

Legion of Mond, green lantern is dc/warner bros. we agree though, no more!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaitainFerenczy View Post
    Legion of Mond, green lantern is dc/warner bros. we agree though, no more!
    I would have known that if I had been reading superhero comics instead of war comics back in the day.

My Nick Fury (and his Howling Commandos) isn't your Nick Fury (Agent of SHIELD).

Quote Originally Posted by Isolani View Post
    Saw it tonight in 3D. Think I still like 2D movies better honestly...the 3D is more distracting than anything, 2 characters are talking but I can't tear my eyes off of the tree branch on the edge of the screen sticking out at me in 3D for some reason. Will probably see it again in 2D.
    Post production 3D is annoying like that. A director frames up a shot that encourages your eyes to move to a specific spot on the screen and then the 3D software comes along and tries to get your eyes to move elsewhere.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

The lines and dialog were just Awesome!
    I loved the human element they put in with the on shield agent too.
    Also I have to agree.
    I think Mark Ruffalo did a Phenomenal job as The Hulk.

I loved how when "It hit the fan", Captain America went back to
    His roots as a soldier, and started shouting tactics and orders...
    The Marine in me just wanted to shout out "Oohrah!"
    It really gave you a sense that this guy was still adjusting to
    The fact he just woke up and in his head he was still... "Over there."

If I hard to sum this movie up in to words...

"Pure Awesomeness."

It has set the bar for the summer... And I can sefely say...

I don't think it will be beat....
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Just saw it last night.

Great great movie.

Loved the Hulk...

They gave everyone equal time.

Great lines, very funny...

Cop: "Why should I listen to you?"

I too liked how Captain America became more of a commander... He is the only one who led men in combat after all.

I saw 3-D IMAX version... Not a big fan of 3D. It was done okay. 3-D with real actors was okay, but 3-D really makes the CGI look fake in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.