Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Destinies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    Yah, I wasn't impressed with that either. However, if it's one of the freebie granted things, no biggie, it could have its uses.
    it's Legendary Dreadnaught's Epic Moment so I assume it will be at the top somewhere. Something like capstone.
    But I don't want to sound too negative, because I am intrigued by he rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno346 View Post
    Brings new meaning to the old phrase:

"Watch it or I'll knock you into next week!"

Literally.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

[QUOTE=MadFloyd;4436328]

The level 20+ character with no available destinies will be able to select a starting destiny from one of 10. If they have at least 6 levels in a class, they can select the destiny associated with that class. If they have at least 18 levels in a class they can select any destiny adjacent to that class but within the same sphere as well.
    <snip>

/QUOTE]

Would this be for current life or for any past life for a TR?

If all past live, I can see doing 4 lives up to 18 before focusing on Epic leveling. This would give access to all of the destinies from each of the spheres without having to worry about crossing points.
    Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun:
    "This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Characters that are level 21 or higher may select Epic or Heroic feats as their level 21 and 24 feat selections.
    Will Rogues, Fighters, Wizards...those types of bonus Feat classes get even more bonus Feats?

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Say we get to level 23, then TR, when we get to level 20 again, we are automagically level 23 for epic destinies? That is how I am reading it, but reading is hard.
    No, you're still level 20, but you now have access to your previous Epic Destinies. However, some abilities may not be useable since you don't meet the prereq (e.g. min level 23).
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

Pardon the crappy formatting:

At each epic level you gain the following bonuses:

Level/ HP/Saves/ BAB/ Feats/ Ability Increases
    21/+10/ -/ +1/ Feat
    22/+10/ +1/ -/
    23/+10/ -/ +1/
    24/+10/ +1/ -/ Feat/ Ability Increase
    25/+10/ -/ +1

Characters that are level 21 or higher may select Epic or Heroic feats as their level 21 and 24 feat selections.
    In PNP BAB doesn't increase after level 20 as it generates more attacks. The mechanics of attacks and BAB are different in DDO however ...

Will epic BAB in DDO have an increase in attack rate?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Looks great especially if it allows interesting multi classing to become viable again - battlemages(!) etc.

Hey 2 quick questions while the devs are looking;

1. How much xp does each destiny level cost? Is it like going from 18-20 on a TR2? More? Less?

2. If this is all as powerful as it sounds could we revisit the completionist costs a feat - +2 skills and stats starts to get less attractive when we can punch people into the future - why bother!? (You can ignore this one just a personal pet peeve of mine)

N
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Quote Originally Posted by nick_robinsonchia View Post
    Looks great especially if it allows interesting multi classing to become viable again - battlemages(!) etc.

Hey 2 quick questions while the devs are looking;

1. How much xp does each destiny level cost? Is it like going from 18-20 on a TR2? More? Less?

2. If this is all as powerful as it sounds could we revisit the completionist costs a feat - +2 skills and stats starts to get less attractive when we can punch people into the future - why bother!? (You can ignore this one just a personal pet peeve of mine)

N
    Or give it a boost if you have maxed out all the epic destinies.

Be the uber completionist and get +5 to all stats and skills.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

I'm assuming the same power leveling XP penalties apply, but it doesn't hurt to ask. For example, will a level 20 be penalized with a level 25 in the group?
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

No, you're still level 20, but you now have access to your previous Epic Destinies. However, some abilities may not be useable since you don't meet the prereq (e.g. min level 23).
    Oh so why we dont have to earn the xp for the destinies each tr we still have to level from 20-25 for normal leveling purposes. Guess I should hammer my tr's right now then while less grind.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

• Epic Destiny at level 20.
    I love the whole concept and the way you all have approached this.

Back in December, I made a thread with some thoughts on lvl 20 & beyond, http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=353541 and what you have come up with is spot on.

Can't wait for the release.

Epic Destinies is going to be one of the best additions to this game we've seen and been waiting for.

So we lose epic xp, but not epic destiny xp?

Oh can we change what our twist of fate applies to easily, as in talk to some guy in town and good to go?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Epic Destinies have their own experience bar and level up independently from your actual epic levels. The two bars will advance in parallel.
    If you unlock other epic destinies, are they on a shared bar or are their multiple bars?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Would I have to TR my toons a few more lifes to unlock more destinies, or will TR'd toons before get some advantage over this? I have a toon I really dont want to TR anymore, would I have to TR him a couple of lifes more to gain extra epic destiny tiers?
    Last edited by Zyerz; 05-04-2012 at 02:54 PM.

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Algulcz View Post
    I know it's too soon to judge, but I don't like this at all. 25%melee dmg is not epic, trying to stack it in 10s would be near impossible, especially if I have to make the final blow. Kill-stealing can become problem. And it can stack 100 times? Where can we fight that many mobs that can be killed in 10s from each other?
    The duration resets with each kill.

100 stacks, i.e. 25x damage, would be balls of fun in places like Elite Weapons Shipment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    It sounds like destinies are on a different xp scale from the actual leveling. Although if you run epic quests, the amount of xp you gain is equal in both categories- destinies category and leveling category. It sounded like if you run heroic quests, you still get xp for epic levels, although perhaps at a reduced rate.
    That's how I read it also, although not-so-much at a reduced rate as epic dungeons simply give more xp (period).

But if we are reading it correctly and you can level your character up to level 25 and level your first epic destiny up to level 5 (max) and then level your second epic destiny up to level 5 and then level your third epic destiny up to 5 and then ... (progression) ... level your tenth epic desiny up to level 5, and then hopefully they have more epic destinies... that would go a long way in my book towards keeping me playing my characters as the main reason I stop playing each character at level 20 is because there is no more leveling.

Yes, I understand that you can swap to different destinies before maxing it (kind of like the human 'character with two classes' in first edition).

I like, I like very much.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Whether this image is a mock-up or not, it looks great and feels appropriate. I hope it stays the same (or there are very minor changes).

Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Quote Originally Posted by LeLoric View Post
    Oh so why we dont have to earn the xp for the destinies each tr we still have to level from 20-25 for normal leveling purposes. Guess I should hammer my tr's right now then while less grind.
    yeah, I could be wrong but there doesn't seem like there's much point in take levels 21-25 unless you're done with all your TRs.

Eladrin or Madfloyd, am I wrong? How much XP is this going to cost?
    Last edited by Monkey-Boy; 05-04-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Pardon the crappy formatting:

At each epic level you gain the following bonuses:

Code:
    Level   HP   Saves   BAB   Feats   Ability Increases
    21     +10      -    +1    +Feat           -
    22     +10     +1     -       -            -
    23     +10      -    +1       -            -
    24     +10     +1     -    +Feat   +Ability Increase
    25     +10      -    +1       -            -

[code][/code] tags are your friends.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Is there going to be epic feats?
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast