Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1211

Thread: Epic Destinies

  1. #1
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,517

    Default Epic Destinies

    Curious about the upcoming Epic Destinies system? Take an early look at our developer round-table by clicking here! Use this thread for Epic Destinies discussion!

    (DE hier) (FR ici)

  2. #2
    Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Western Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,155

    Default Oops might want to move or merge the thread I made in Gen to here Sorry!

    Oops might want to move or merge the thread I made in Gen to here Sorry!

    Please & thanks a bunch! :P! !

    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=371352

    Hooray Yay! :P! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

    DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

  3. #3
    Community Member Qzipoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    I came here expecting an AC thread, but I'll take this... time to start reading

  4. #4
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Okay tell me if my understanding here is correct or where I veer off course...

    • You gain more for leveling past level 20 then just epic destinies, but that functionality has not been released yet.
    • Reach level 21 and you choose an epic destiny 'tree'. The tree you then level up in with quest xp as normal, except you can swap trees and level up all the way in all them (but you can only use the currently slotted one). The level ups in the tree basically give you AP to use in that tree.
    • Twists of fate are basically a way to slot multiple destiny trees or buy the top tier abilities out of an already opened tree. You guys think that 3 is going to be the limit to start and these are gained by reaching certain thresholds in the basic trees (they are like the 'levels' in epic destiny xp). Basically you can open up another pre err I mean epic destiny tree or get the top end stuff (unclear if this is a single twist of fate point for top tier access to an already slotted tree or if there is more then one stage of unlocks for these).
    • TRs keep all their progress in these trees, but can not use or advance these trees until they hit level 21 again.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  5. #5
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Ok, theres a lot of things in here that I read I cannot wait to try out!!!

    Nice job all, sounds like this new addition will be.. ehmmm.. EPIC!



    Now when's that BETA? *rubs hands together excitedly*

    Oh, and as for you guys NOT making people redo their epic levels again and NOT having to grind more XP for TR's??
    *hug*

    BTW, the astrological preliminary layout looks very nice.
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 05-04-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  6. #6
    Community Member Qzipoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    Was hoping for a little more detail, the post is mainly how the system works as opposed to what it does But hopefully all this stuff is in the beta

    One tidbit (and only real detail given):

    Also, this is all subject to change! With that out of the way, the Master’s Blitz counter increments forward each time a Tactical Feat is successfully used. Once the counter reaches 50, you gain the ability to use Master’s Blitz. Upon activation, for 10 seconds you gain an additional 50% dodge and deal an additional 25% melee damage. Any time you kill an opponent while under the effects of Master’s Blitz, you gain an additional stack of the melee damage bonus and restart the duration. If you are below 50% health when you first activate this ability, you start with two stacks of increased damage instead of one. The damage bonus stacks up to 100 times.
    I found the highlighted part even more intriguing then the ability itself... interesting

  7. #7
    Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Sounds interesting... The part about Twists of Fate really confused me though.

  8. #8
    Community Member themoonbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    295

    Default

    I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am that this system has the potential to make my wiz/monk viable at end game. Looking forward to it.
    The Moon Breaker A DDO Novel Series. Online or epub versions

    What are zombies doing locked in deposit boxes at Lordsmarch Bank? Find out in Stormreach Syndicate

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Cyr, pretty sure it'll be starting at level 20, rank 1.

    One thing that hasn't been mentioned is how many experience points this will take, per Destiny.

    Edit: and yeah, twists confused me a bit too. These are used for Destiny switches and buying levels above lvl3 Destiny?
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 05-04-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Is Epic Destinies available to any character who reach lvl 20?
    Or is it only available to people who have purchased Menace of the Underdark?

  11. #11
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Very impressive and sounds fun especially from a character customization standpoint. I can only imagine how powerful the monsters we fight are going to become. Let the arms race begin.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  12. #12
    Community Member Qzipoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexdesuu View Post
    Is Epic Destinies available to any character who reach lvl 20?
    Or is it only available to people who have purchased Menace of the Underdark?
    You will need to purchase SOMETHING.

    Currently, something = any of the three preorder packs.

    My guess is at some point they will release a store item that unlocks only eDestinies, but chances are they will keep it bundled at Xpack launch

  13. #13
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    Was hoping for a little more detail, the post is mainly how the system works as opposed to what it does But hopefully all this stuff is in the beta

    One tidbit (and only real detail given):



    I found the highlighted part even more intriguing then the ability itself... interesting
    My guess is they are going to a % based system for ac with a comparison vs. monster Challenge Rating. For e.g. a character has 40% dodge chance vs. CR 45 monsters and a 80% dodge chance vs. CR 25 monsters.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  14. #14
    Community Member Monkey-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    MOAR DETAILS!

    Sorry, that was my inner-barbarian coming out of hibernation.

    Looks great, but some details (which we know are subject to change) as to what the destinies grant would be wonderful. That was a great marketing post but for us forum trolls who live in the game it didn't tell us that much.

  15. #15
    Community Member Monkey-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    I came here expecting an AC thread, but I'll take this... time to start reading
    LOLz, I'll be very happy if we get some details on that but I expect to see it when it goes live.

  16. #16
    Developer MadFloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Okay tell me if my understanding here is correct or where I veer off course...

    • You gain more for leveling past level 20 then just epic destinies, but that functionality has not been released yet.
    • Reach level 21 and you choose an epic destiny 'tree'. The tree you then level up in with quest xp as normal, except you can swap trees and level up all the way in all them (but you can only use the currently slotted one). The level ups in the tree basically give you AP to use in that tree.
    • Twists of fate are basically a way to slot multiple destiny trees or buy the top tier abilities out of an already opened tree. You guys think that 3 is going to be the limit to start and these are gained by reaching certain thresholds in the basic trees (they are like the 'levels' in epic destiny xp). Basically you can open up another pre err I mean epic destiny tree or get the top end stuff (unclear if this is a single twist of fate point for top tier access to an already slotted tree or if there is more then one stage of unlocks for these).
    • TRs keep all their progress in these trees, but can not use or advance these trees until they hit level 21 again.
    Corrections to above:
    • You can choose an Epic Destiny at level 20.
    • Twists of Fate allow you to use an ability from a non-active tree.
    • TRs cannot use or advance these trees until they hit level 20 again. Also, some abilities will have level pre-reqs (meaning some abilities may not be usable until you hit level 21, 22, 23 etc).
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

  17. #17
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexdesuu View Post
    Is Epic Destinies available to any character who reach lvl 20?
    Or is it only available to people who have purchased Menace of the Underdark?
    Looks like you must have the Xpack.

    http://underdark.ddo.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  18. #18
    The Front Side Gratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cactus Area
    Posts
    2,870

    Default

    Wow... send a Grandmaster of Flowers to punch me 6 days into the future to check this out on the Beta Test Server. Assuming it's in the first build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

  19. #19
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Corrections to above:
    • You can choose an Epic Destiny at level 20.
    • Twists of Fate allow you to use an ability from a non-active tree.
    • TRs cannot use or advance these trees until they hit level 20 again. Also, some abilities will have level pre-reqs (meaning some abilities may not be usable until you hit level 21, 22, 23 etc).
    Oh does #2 there mean that it only lets you use an ability and not the tree itself?

    As in you slot a tree (without twist) and you get X points to buy stuff from it in. You slot (twist) for another tree and get to choose one ability to use from it. You slot (twist) for your already opened tree and you get more points to use (or higher cap on those points) in that tree?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  20. #20
    The Hatchery psteen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Argonessen
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Corrections to above:

    Twists of Fate allow you to use an ability from a non-active tree.
    [/LIST]
    from the bottom of the tree only? Only a pre-set list of abilities in that tree?

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload