Community Member

Default Time for a break.

Hello Thelanis,

The game has grown a bit stale for me of late, so I think it is time for me to find something new to do. Pretty much just been holding out for this epic summer update(which I already spent eighty bucks on....stupid, stupid) and I don't think I'm going to make it.

I've put in a couple years of dues now. DDO has always been more of a social exercise for me, so I just wanted to say thanks to the people I've met along the way and the server I have called home. It has been a ton of fun.

Figure it may be time to try out some other hobbies/games(any suggestions?) for a bit to shake things up and, with any luck, come back to DDO with renewed vigor.

In case I don't make it back though, wanted to leave out with one last, "Good run guys. Thanks for having me."

Raoshin Mar

If you're looking for a fun game for a bit...Diablo 3 comes out in ~2 weeks (Tuesday after next). Other than that, you should definitely at least check back in when the expansion comes out...should breathe a good bit of life into this game.

Either way, have a good one.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Nuuuuu Rao!!!! You're leaving just as I come back from stupid exams and stuffs Who am I gonna dance now? :P

*sniffles* But I get it, I've been pretty burnt out mentally, especially after stupid exams. So I haven't been back in full force yet either, just a bit here and there. You should take a break until the update comes out. ^_^ You are so totally not allowed to not come back. Cause who else would annoy Pipes with me?

You can always do what I do and take up horseback riding!!!! Takes up hours of your time and makes you spend even more money :P Or be a kitten hoarder... Cause I totally just took in another one......................

Quote Originally Posted by FatedWanderer View Post
    Hello Thelanis,

The game has grown a bit stale for me of late, so I think it is time for me to find something new to do. Pretty much just been holding out for this epic summer update(which I already spent eighty bucks on....stupid, stupid) and I don't think I'm going to make it.

I've put in a couple years of dues now. DDO has always been more of a social exercise for me, so I just wanted to say thanks to the people I've met along the way and the server I have called home. It has been a ton of fun.

Figure it may be time to try out some other hobbies/games(any suggestions?) for a bit to shake things up and, with any luck, come back to DDO with renewed vigor.

In case I don't make it back though, wanted to leave out with one last, "Good run guys. Thanks for having me."

Raoshin Mar
    Taking a break for a few months- or even just weeks- now and then really helps freshen the game up.
    The expansion should really liven things up, but you'll want to have a clear head to appreciate it, so leaving for a bit ought help.

As far as suggestions, you'd have to provide a better context.
    As far as MMOs go, you've got a wide range of recent to fairly recent heavy hitters, one of which ought match your tastes, including DCUO, TOR, and TERA as a few.
    Diablo 3 is definitely the heavy hitter of off-line, and will retain Battle.net MMO-esque grouping features as well. It's also somewhat similar to DDO's play style, albeit with more inventory management and action, and less character building- though with some of the new features, perhaps not on that one.

There are also plenty of older PC and Console games you probably could catch up on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Default Someone has to do it...

Can I have your stuff?

Good luck see you when you get back.
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

Quote Originally Posted by darkrune View Post
    Can I have your stuff?

Good luck see you when you get back.
    You didn't say 'Dibs'.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Who exactly is suppose to light monk my Epic Lobs now? Very sad sir.
    ~~~~ Proud Leader of Renowned ~~~~
    ~baileypaige~bayz~baywee~bailiegh~

Community Member

Arma3 and Guild Wars 2. Unfortunately you'll still have to wait for those to be released like the rest of us. :-(

Don't go to another MMO...

Try a different genre like a First Person Shooter (either single player or multiplayer) or a real-time strategy game.

If you haven't played them yet, I would HIGHLY recommend Portal and Portal 2.

Mafia 2 is also very good (Not suitable for children!)

Starcraft 2 and Battlefield 3 are also fun.

I take short breaks often. Keeps me from getting burned out. DDO is always more fun when I come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Unhappy

Best wishes, Thelanis will miss you.
    -Tarelyn -Achillesia

Have fun in RL Diablo will be out soon...

Come back for the xpack at least, will be nice...

Take care rao.
    Darkzess(Currently: Bbn) - Sturdycaster (Wiz) - Stormfists(Mnk) - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~Currently away, who knows where i'm gonna be today~

see you when you got back I hope you finally went to go see hunger games instead of just talking about it

Quote Originally Posted by FatedWanderer View Post

Raoshin Mar
    Thoughts on other hobbies:
    1) Tabletop Wargaming: Some systems need very little outlay or if you can find some mad collector you might get to play without ever spending a penny. Also painting the minis can be theraputic, enjoyable by itself.
    2) Pen and Paper Roleplay, doesn't have to be D&D there are countless systems out there and point 1 about mad collectors still applies
    3) Painting... WAtercolour, acrylic, oil whatever takes fancy see if nearby classes if not confident to jump in by self.
    4) Boardgames.. "Tabletop" on you tube is hosted by Wil Wheaton and looks to be showing some interesting games some of which I haven't heard of some I have but never seen
    5) Blogging.. some people have turned talking about their daily escapades into hobbies or even near careers.
    6) Poker or Bridge or other card games
    7) Collectible card games... but can be expensive unless Mr Mad Collector shows up again.
    Erm ok thats all I can think of for now
    Thelanis : Jalagon. Jalrobin.
    Orien : Jalmonkeygon. Manhas. Eyephail. Jalchoppstuf
    Cannith: Noobitronus

While you wait for D3 install D2

Quote Originally Posted by XbaileyX View Post
    Who exactly is suppose to light monk my Epic Lobs now? Very sad sir.
    If you ask nicely i might give you access to mines then you just need to box them since you do lob at bit odd time for me
    Thelanis -> D 20bbn (TR 1) | H 11rgr/7mnk/2ftr+2 (TR 1) | K 20bbn+3 (TR 3) | K 15pal/3mnk/2ftr (TR 1) | M 20+1 fvs (TR 2) | S 8mnk/12pal (TR 2)
    Gimped -> B 20wiz | Work in progress -> B (TR 1) 6rgr/6bbn/1rog | B (TR2) 14fs I drop BB; I don't HJEEEAL (:

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    If you haven't played them yet, I would HIGHLY recommend Portal 2.
    This game will definitely challenge you. It requires some brain function. (maybe that's why it isn't in the top 5)

I've taken a 6 month break, and it renewed my interests. Good Luck either way

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Community Member

Default Update

Hello again,

I have decided to take the advice of some of my fellow Thalanians and take up Diablo 3(I know, getting a little bit of a late start). If any of my friends here are also making excursions to the realm of Sanctuary and would like to team up with me to destroy some more dungeons and demons(sounds familiar doesn't it?), my gamertag is iscariotrex#1114. Bring your beaters.

For the loot!

Rao

Already spent 80 bucks you say?
    not sure if you'll make it you say?

I say, see you in a couple of months. Since I don't read the forums to much: Consider this my pre-emptive Welcome Back post
    Thelanis: Botar, Klogar, Saludar, Shantarr, Karygon