Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCuss View Post
    Two weeks ago I went from VIP to Premium account. Inspite of the fact that I spent real money for 40 shared bank slots for a total of 60 while VIP. I no longer have access to the 40 slots I paid for since I have not yet purchased the shared bank since going premium.
    You're s.o.l. on this one probably. Last I checked, it's in the fine print in the store- and stated in the VIP-to-premium thread/wiki. Unfair? Maybe so. But not illegal.

In the two weeks since converting I have lost connection to the server at log in about 10 percent of the time. This started happening the day I went Premium so I assume there is a connection. Some days I just give up trying to get in. I paid real money for the $80 package that includes access to most of the epic adventures. However, if DDO prioitizes me such that I can not log on to DDO, it seems they are again illegally denying me access to product I purchased.
    That's something to call Turbine's CS about, even if it's something on your end. I will say it might not be related to your account status- I've had some connection issues in the last few weeks, and I've been premium for years.

Then again, after redefining "walls" yesterday, Turbine might be doing you a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    Investing in extras without buying the base item isn't a good idea - it's like spending $25,000 to upgrade your apartment, then letting the lease run out.

Not that I've ever done that, mind you.
    Very suspicious.......
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by uthanak69 View Post
    How is this illogical? Buying the slots shouldn't auto give you the shared bank. They are just EXTRA slots.
    Shared bank and extra slots are the same thing. Both allow transfer of BTA items.

Since they are essentially the same thing with different names, its just my opinion VIP should not lose access to the 40 'extra' slots since they are not able to purchase the initial bank while being VIP.

If the former-VIP wants the 20 slots back again they should be able to pay for it, or stick with the 40 slots already purchased.
    Last edited by FastTaco; 05-04-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    Moarwin, Niyanna, Niyani, Rallok - Member of Righteous Ire - Orien Server

Community Member

They're quite obviously marked not the same. One is the expensive base item and the others are cheaper addons to it.
    Yes, this special situation is a bit sad for VIP dropping subscription. But all the required information was there already, you might have gone prepared.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagantor View Post
    They're quite obviously marked not the same. One is the expensive base item and the others are cheaper addons to it.
    Yes, this special situation is a bit sad for VIP dropping subscription. But all the required information was there already, you might have gone prepared.
    Except they are not cheaper.

2x10 extra slots cost 1990 TP vs 1495 TP.
    Moarwin, Niyanna, Niyani, Rallok - Member of Righteous Ire - Orien Server

Community Member

Yeah, I would kind of be irritated with the bank thing (they're on sale this week ). After I came back as premium the first four characters (alphabetically) were the only ones I could play since it had deactivated all but four of my toons. So to play one of my fav's I had to delete two.

As far as connectivity; I have been premium for a while now and very, very rarely do I see any issues logging in. You might want to contact support and let them know that you're seeing this issue. Technically what they're doing is only illegal if they're doing it to just YOU or just recently cancelled VIP subscriptions so it might be more beneficial to just politely ask for support rather than spouting a bunch of "legality" claims which could red flag your incident making it take more time to resolve.

Also you may hate me for bringing this up but you haven't technically "bought" anything according to the agreement you've signed (digitally). Welcome to the harsh ugly reality of software licensing agreements. To be fair they all say this. We're essentially renting this game. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    perk for VIP. As a Premium player, you get to pay real money for most things in the game. Welcome to being Premium.
    Indeed it is a well-known fact that VIP get free TP each month and don't pay real money.

What gets me miffed is that those of us waiting for our subscriptions to run out are forbidden from buying shared bank, quest packs, etc., while they are on sale now.
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Go to store

click the thing that says, list everything even if I can't use it

find basic shared bank

buy it - even though you 'can't use it' <<< YET

should be good to go when you go to premium

If for some reason they changed that, it still will not allow the purchase..so no problem
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Quote Originally Posted by uthanak69 View Post
    How is this illogical? Buying the slots shouldn't auto give you the shared bank. They are just EXTRA slots.
    Buying extra gas doesn't automatically entitle you to a free car when you turn the rental in...
    Last edited by Hambo; 05-07-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    Indeed it is a well-known fact that VIP get free TP each month and don't pay real money.
    Get your "well known facts" straight... I pay $9.99/month. Real Money, no less
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Community Member Dungeonsdragons1057's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    Wrong vip pays a certain fee some monthly or other plan . TP are not free. Not a fact.
    Last edited by Dungeonsdragons1057; 05-07-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default YOu MUST Buy the shared bank

Two weeks ago I went from VIP to Premium account. Inspite of the fact that I spent real money for 40 shared bank slots for a total of 60 while VIP. I no longer have access to the 40 slots I paid for since I have not yet purchased the shared bank since going premium.

Seems like this should be illegal since I have paid real money for 40 slots.

In the two weeks since converting I have lost connection to the server at log in about 10 percent of the time. This started happening the day I went Premium so I assume there is a connection. Some days I just give up trying to get in. I paid real money for the $80 package that includes access to most of the epic adventures. However, if DDO prioitizes me such that I can not log on to DDO, it seems they are again illegally denying me access to product I purchased.

Seems unfair to sell me product and then deny me access to it.
    Once you buy the shared bank, it is on sale at 35% off RIGHT now, you will have all 60 items. Sorry, but this is working as intended. When I downgraded I assumed this would be the case so I unloaded my shared bank and purchased it when I could.

The login problem is not just premium accounts. It is all accounts, VIP, Premium, and F2P. So say people when I ask about it.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12