Community Member

Default epic ring of the buccaneer missing protection +5

I created a tier 3 Epic Ring of the Buccaneer and there is no protection +5 on it. I was told to put it in the stone of change by another player. I put it in and it spit it back out with no change. I submitted an in game ticket and got some form letter about how they can't fix it or are unaware of an issue and I should submit a bug report. I looked at the bug report form and it said they won't contact you after you submit one and won't address the issue. I then tried to get help through a support ticket generated from the forum. I selected in-game support then bug report as it was the only option that fit. I get an auto reponse back that says that in-game support doesn't work on bugs(yet it was an option from the in-game support drop down menu). Sooooooo...

What does a person have to do to get some help?

Community Member

I'm curious, did you upgrade an older ring, or was this one made entirely this time around? Did it have the +5 protection before upgrading, and then lose it at tier-3?

Community Member

In all honesty I don't know. I have been doing a mix of finishing older items and getting new ones on multiple toons. I was focused more on the finished item and didn't really pay attention to what it was during the first and second tiers. Does it matter if it was an older or newer item? The item creator seems pretty foolproof. It tells you what you need to upgrade and verifies the correct items before it lets you click ok. It didn't seem to give me any warning that I had a wrong item.

That is an issue when upgrading older rings that are missing the protection bonus on them. It can be fixed by putting it in the stone of change prior to doing any current upgrading on it, but if you do the upgrade before fixing it in the stone of change then you are out of luck.

This came up last time the cove was running and a dev commented that they were looking into this issue, but that was the last that was heard of it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you won't be able to get it fixed unless the devs put in another set of repair recipes. I lost out on this too last time - I have a tier 3 epic ring with no protection 5 on it, uselessly gathering digital dust, serving only as a reminder of how my time grinding it went completely to waste.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Community Member

Wow, that's stunning. That is the official response? I have created an item through a pretty boring grind, it comes out bugged and they will not fix or compensate me for it?

Default Stick it in the stone of change

Before or after, upgrade should be able to fix it with the stone of change, go to stone of change put upgraded ring in, hit the button, and that should fix it.
    Current TR project -- Anshel life 8 of 20 ending up FVS
    Side TR project -- Daciana (life 8 of 14 maybe)(Will be completionist druid)
    Khyber main server

Originally Posted by MeliCat:
    I don't like strawberry ice cream. You can offer all the strawberry ice cream that you like and I won't eat it. Offer me chocolate and I'll ask for second helpings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildseed View Post
    Before or after, upgrade should be able to fix it with the stone of change, go to stone of change put upgraded ring in, hit the button, and that should fix it.
    Nope. If you have an old bugged ring from 2 or more coves ago that is still tier 1 or 2, you must put it in the stone of change before adding another tier with the unbugged recipe. If you upgrade it to the next tier first, putting it in the stone of change after will have no effect and you will never be able to put +5 protection on it.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_Black View Post
    Wow, that's stunning. That is the official response? I have created an item through a pretty boring grind, it comes out bugged and they will not fix or compensate me for it?
    Get used to it, there is a poor track record of fixing items.

They are more focussed on adding new broken content/items over fixing existing issues.

Ingame GM's are not empowered to fix or compensate so you won't get anything here.

There are 3 typical canned responses from ingame GM's
    1. This is a unknown issue, submit a bug report.
    2. This is a known issue, submit a bug report.
    3. Autoclose ticket with no response.
    In some rare instanaces you will get a GM that actually responds and communicates with you.
    In these cases they will tell you what you have already read then give you 1 of the 3 standard responses.

Bug reports are never responded to (I have never gotten any resolution or recompense to any bug reports I have submitted).
    It is more of a reporting tool to possibly correct future versions of existing issues at some undetermined future patch.

Usually the only time existing items or issues get addressed are when the masses uproar on the forums, then eventually some stone of change fix gets implemented sometimes with a cost associated to it.

Now if you had a item that was deemed overpowered after the fact, all existing items would quickly be "hotfixed" and would retroactively change every exisiting item. This often results in a change from .. Ohh I gotta get one of those thats awesome.. and farm it to death to get it, to later have it "nerfed", or made "Exclusive" putting all your invested time to waste and oftem making the "fixed" item a meh I wouldnt have bothered if I knew this was what it was going to be and other associated hateful feelings.

Take a deep breath Relax, Refocus, Move on... then in the back of your mind remember "Kobolds still Hate you"
    We are all kobolds in this DDO world.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 05-09-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

I am very confused on why this is not a fixable issue. The correct version of the item exists. The ingredients to create the item exist. Why can't I be given either? If this was an already "known" issue and they created a fix with the stone of change, then why does the cove recipe not identify the problem. What I am saying is, if they could create a recipe in the stone of change then why couldn't they either fix the cove or at least have it kick a warning that you are upgrading an older ring?

My problem is that I did nothing wrong nor did I ignore a warning. In every other business I could seek some form of compensation. Whether that is to exchange the defective item or get a refund.

Per the sticky on this forum:
    "Questions or comments which are not specific to the services the GM's can provide (e.g. bug reports, billing, technical support, design decisions or suggestions) will be moved to their appropriate forum or contact recommendations will be made. The GM’s have no access to your billing information, and for your own protection that’s not stuff that belongs on a forum anyway."

Can I get an official response or direction to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_Black View Post
    I am very confused on why this is not a fixable issue. The correct version of the item exists. The ingredients to create the item exist. Why can't I be given either? If this was an already "known" issue and they created a fix with the stone of change, then why does the cove recipe not identify the problem. What I am saying is, if they could create a recipe in the stone of change then why couldn't they either fix the cove or at least have it kick a warning that you are upgrading an older ring?

My problem is that I did nothing wrong nor did I ignore a warning. In every other business I could seek some form of compensation. Whether that is to exchange the defective item or get a refund.

Per the sticky on this forum:
    "Questions or comments which are not specific to the services the GM's can provide (e.g. bug reports, billing, technical support, design decisions or suggestions) will be moved to their appropriate forum or contact recommendations will be made. The GM’s have no access to your billing information, and for your own protection that’s not stuff that belongs on a forum anyway."

Can I get an official response or direction to go to?
    You can only hope they add another recipe to the stone of change some day. The problem is that bugs get assigned a priority based on how many people they affect. This issue will affect a very small number of people so it is probably sitting somewhere at the bottom of the queue.

Pretty much need to wait until next time cove is around and make a new one. Sucks for sure though.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Would this work?

Add some augment crystal, and:
    "If you want to clear any augment slots that are filled, you can use the cleansing ritual: To do so, place 3 Epic Dungeon Tokens and the item you want to cleanse into the altar of epic rituals. This is also the process you'll want to use if you have an old version that you want to upgrade to an updated version.
    Warning: This recipe essentially DESTROYS the item and creates a new blank copy. The new copy will be exactly the same as if you put a new base item, scroll, seal and shard in to do it. Thus you will lose ALL added effects on the item, including:
    Filled augments
    Eldritch Rituals
    Armor Kits applied to armor
    Everything added after the point you got it."

Might be worth a shot, since Epic Tokens are easier to get now.

Quote Originally Posted by Modulex View Post
    Would this work?

Add some augment crystal, and:
    "If you want to clear any augment slots that are filled, you can use the cleansing ritual: To do so, place 3 Epic Dungeon Tokens and the item you want to cleanse into the altar of epic rituals. This is also the process you'll want to use if you have an old version that you want to upgrade to an updated version.
    Warning: This recipe essentially DESTROYS the item and creates a new blank copy. The new copy will be exactly the same as if you put a new base item, scroll, seal and shard in to do it. Thus you will lose ALL added effects on the item, including:
    Filled augments
    Eldritch Rituals
    Armor Kits applied to armor
    Everything added after the point you got it."

Might be worth a shot, since Epic Tokens are easier to get now.
    This is a good idea, might just work. Wonder if you need to have an augment slot filled to be able to do this.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Default nope

Putting it in the epic alter doesn't give you the protection +5, just tried it. 3 epic tokens down the drain. I didn't have anything in the slot, but I doubt that would help.