I have had a friend come back to the game after many months and this friend brought another friend with them. They joined my guild and so far neither seem eligible for the renown bonuses.
The returning player did have the 'bonus elgibile' tag on the first login but not on any successive logins. None of the guilded characters in any party seem to be getting any xp bonuses either.
The second player got a blind invite on first login to a different guild and didnt know any better and accepted thinking it was my friend. That player explained the situation and left that guild and joined mine. Never once has the bonus eligible tag shown for this player when logging in.
I also have an extra account that had not been logged in for 64 days prior to the event going live so I used that account to see if I could find some answers. I saw nothing that indicated that account, or any character on that account, was returning or eligible or not eligible. According to the release notes it should have been.
So this brings up several questions.
1. Does the 'Bonus Eligible' tag show on every login for a new or returning non-TR character?
2. Does the bonus XP show anywhere on the XP report or is it an 'invisible' bonus like the voice or mantle?
3. Is it true that non-new and non-returning characters, that are not a TR, get bonuses at level 12, 16 and 20 only?
4. Is it true that new or returning players do in fact get the bonus at level 8, 12, 16, 20?
5. If a player is new, meaning a new account, is every character they make eligible for the bonus?
6. What classifies an account, or player, as new?
7. Is it true that characters on non-new accounts that have not logged in for 60 days are elgible for these bonuses?