Default Build Your Guild questions

I have had a friend come back to the game after many months and this friend brought another friend with them. They joined my guild and so far neither seem eligible for the renown bonuses.

The returning player did have the 'bonus elgibile' tag on the first login but not on any successive logins. None of the guilded characters in any party seem to be getting any xp bonuses either.

The second player got a blind invite on first login to a different guild and didnt know any better and accepted thinking it was my friend. That player explained the situation and left that guild and joined mine. Never once has the bonus eligible tag shown for this player when logging in.

I also have an extra account that had not been logged in for 64 days prior to the event going live so I used that account to see if I could find some answers. I saw nothing that indicated that account, or any character on that account, was returning or eligible or not eligible. According to the release notes it should have been.

So this brings up several questions.

1. Does the 'Bonus Eligible' tag show on every login for a new or returning non-TR character?
    2. Does the bonus XP show anywhere on the XP report or is it an 'invisible' bonus like the voice or mantle?
    3. Is it true that non-new and non-returning characters, that are not a TR, get bonuses at level 12, 16 and 20 only?
    4. Is it true that new or returning players do in fact get the bonus at level 8, 12, 16, 20?
    5. If a player is new, meaning a new account, is every character they make eligible for the bonus?
    6. What classifies an account, or player, as new?
    7. Is it true that characters on non-new accounts that have not logged in for 60 days are elgible for these bonuses?

Community Member

a bit curious as well, as I have a char that had 3months not logged in guild, but get no 'Bonus Eligible' msg when I logged it on... makes me a bit vary of spending time leveling it, as the small bounty would not be worth it...
    "If god would use a wooden staff, that was meant to tend sheep, to part an entire ocean and deliver a nation. Why wouldn't he use a wrestling ministry?" -Todd "the outlaw" Zane, Wrestler.

Community Member

Default Same problem/confusion

Me and my friend are experiencing the same - no apparent XP bonus to either of us (10% for him being returning after 6 months, 5% for me playing with a returner) and no other way of seeing if he's supposed to be bonus eligible.

Is the event just bugged? Anyone actually seeing the XP bonus show up in any way? He mostly logged in to give the bonus (sure, he's having fun too, but who cares about that? )

Bonus eligeble are displaying as shown below for me. This happens everytime they log on.

When I am grouped with a bonus eligeble player it displays xp and loot bonus as this.
    Last edited by Narmolanya; 05-21-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Narmolanya View Post
    Bonus eligeble are displaying as shown below for me. This happens everytime they log on.

When I am grouped with a bonus eligeble player it displays xp and loot bonus as this.
    Ditto... All seems to be working normally.

Community Member

Ah, thank you!

Very odd then, that neither of us see anything. Wonder if it's just his account that's bugged or if there are some extra requirements that I'm unaware of. I'm putting my money on bug, though.. Hehe.. Guess he'll have to hold of hitting 8 till we're sure what's going on. Thanks again.

Default bonus eligible

Have you checked the chat tab to make sure ADVANCEMENT is active for the chat window you are viewing? I didn't have mine turned on and after I added it, the info started showing up. So perhaps that is the reason you are not seeing the bonus...just a thought.

Koz
    It's good to be the king!

Community Member

Default Bonus Eiligible" does not work at all? or it does for some?

Quote Originally Posted by phinius View Post
    I have had a friend come back to the game after many months and this friend brought another friend with them. They joined my guild and so far neither seem eligible for the renown bonuses.

The returning player did have the 'bonus elgibile' tag on the first login but not on any successive logins. None of the guilded characters in any party seem to be getting any xp bonuses either.

The second player got a blind invite on first login to a different guild and didnt know any better and accepted thinking it was my friend. That player explained the situation and left that guild and joined mine. Never once has the bonus eligible tag shown for this player when logging in.

I also have an extra account that had not been logged in for 64 days prior to the event going live so I used that account to see if I could find some answers. I saw nothing that indicated that account, or any character on that account, was returning or eligible or not eligible. According to the release notes it should have been.

So this brings up several questions.

1. Does the 'Bonus Eligible' tag show on every login for a new or returning non-TR character?
    2. Does the bonus XP show anywhere on the XP report or is it an 'invisible' bonus like the voice or mantle?
    3. Is it true that non-new and non-returning characters, that are not a TR, get bonuses at level 12, 16 and 20 only?
    4. Is it true that new or returning players do in fact get the bonus at level 8, 12, 16, 20?
    5. If a player is new, meaning a new account, is every character they make eligible for the bonus?
    6. What classifies an account, or player, as new?
    7. Is it true that characters on non-new accounts that have not logged in for 60 days are elgible for these bonuses?
    We (8 of us) have had same issue as op, bonus eligible" tag on first log in, then never again, we still took all toons to level 8 and only one got anything. All qualify, and all said bonus eligible"

Any news? 4 of us, that I know of have created a tickets in game, called, and created email tickets and non as of 6-3-12 at 9pm mountain time have gotten any help.

Some have said take your toon to 12? but why is that going to work and 8 is not? Just a way to get more guest passes and renown pots?

Community Member

Angry I can confirm there is a problem.

I have seen the one time only "Bonus eligible" message. Guild member logged on got "Bonus eligible" message, got bonus xp and loot, member logged off, then back on within five minutes. No "bonus eligible" message, no more loot bonus.

Another returning member logged on, no bonus whatsoever. (Yes, I'm sure they hadn't logged in a year).

Community Member

From what I saw, the returning member is only for the first time he logs back in, pretty lame imo. If he crash while loading, and have to restart his client and try again, bye bonus.

Community Member dragonhighlord1's Avatar

Default Any one every get a message on how to fix the build your guild event?

I am trying to post, as well as reply to a few of the many threads all having the same issue, with build your guild.

Has anyone received a reply of any type on how to fix the issue of not getting bonus renown for returning players?
    Less is More, and Perfect is good enough