Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    The final build was on Lamannia and no one noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by danzona View Post
    On Saturday, April 28 I logged in and noticed that there were new files. I even posted in the Lame forums asking if there was something new we were supposed to test: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4427164

Given that there were no (useful) responses to that post (maybe because it was the weekend there was nobody around?) and given that Maj had said that the testing would be through April 28th (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368702) and given that the last scheduled and advertised event was on April 25th, saying that the code changes were up on Lame for us to test over the weekend is pretty weak.
    Actually, it was noticed, but no response from anyone at turbine.

Community Member

Ok, just test ran Forgotten Caverns on elite with my lvl 16 ranger solo.
    Definitely drew aggro right away, the mobs all came to me straight away when i wasn't in sneak mode. The mephits mobbed me as soon as i went through the door.
    At level, this quest would be...interesting.
    The rock ele's actually made me a bit nervous for a second.

A good, experienced group could handle it I think (though I'm sure with much foul language) but newbs would get their butts handed to them. Also with much foul language.

Community Member

I spun it back up this afternoon just to check my own sanity...which I'm slowly losing.
    Losing sanity? I look forward to Turbine's imminent announcement of a Call of Cthulu MMORPG! ;-)
    My Trade List
    My build: The Jack of Fists, Monk 12 / Ranger 6 / Rogue 2, melee generalist
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber

The final build was on Lamannia and no one noticed. No excuse, but it was there. I spun it back up this afternoon just to check my own sanity...which I'm slowly losing.
    It probably won't help your sanity to know the fall damage bug is back too.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Member of Captains Crew Ghallanda

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

The final build was on Lamannia and no one noticed. No excuse, but it was there. I spun it back up this afternoon just to check my own sanity...which I'm slowly losing.
    Spending too much time shifting between worlds via the Demon Web?

*offers cookies* Cheer up Maj.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

On the bright side: More incentive to get conquest
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Member of Captains Crew Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by giggiddy View Post
    On the bright side: More incentive to get conquest
    This makes me lol.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Brissy Australia(u wouldn't know where the real town was)

This.

This is why so many people eventually stop bothering with Lam. Why go out of your way to help test when communication failures and other fails like this occur? You have player willing to help and you sour them.

/signed

but on the flip side there is a lot of content now to play and i have a bad case of altism
    so i can stay away from these unplayable quests.

"it's better to try and fail then to never try at all"

so to the haters, get off the dev's back, raging produces no positive results

and to the dev's keep expanding on your run of more communication with the community and
    try not to fall back into the bad habbits of the past.

(chin up MaJ, we still love u)

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Lammania is a preview server, not a testing server.

According to Tolero this 'tickle' was done over the weekend. Who plays the 'preview' server on weekends?
    welp, we know who DOESN'T.

You thought you could tamper around with Beholders, huh?

"No, I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way."
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Community Member

Would have +1'd you but apparently must spread some around. As much as I complain about the game and
    your testing processes I understand it has to be bloody stressful. So thank you for just taking the time to
    say this if nothing else. I'm guessing your patch process doesn't allow for an easy rollback of just the physics
    engine?

Anyhow good luck and hope to hear good news soon.
    Last edited by IWZincedge; 05-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Raid train completed successfully.
    A bit difficult to tell many changes.

Some lag spikes in Tod at one point, probably from the Khyber crystal cove opening up.

Community Member

Ran Stormvauld's mine (3 guildies on elite). Bosses caused us a bit of havoc initially. We retreated down the elevator shaft and to the shrine. Then the dancing ball spammage began (cast from two levels above and out of LOS). As the number of nested balls increased, we decided to act and rushed upstairs. We turned the tables on them by having the arty and the ranger engage the foes while the FVS acted as a healer one level below and out of LOS and danger (using in effect the bug against them). He spammed heals and we killed them all and completed.

Next we hit VON 1. In the arena fight the first round mobs literally freaked out and started running spastically around. A few retreated back behind closed gates. My sorcerer then dropped an ice storm through the closed gate onto a kobold caster killing him. However, one ogre was out of sight. We desperately tried to find a way to effect him but to no avail. We figured we would have to toss in the towel since the quest would not continue until we killed him, and there was no way to effect him.

Seconds before exiting out of the quest however, the ogre decided to charge back up through the closed gate and into the arena. Quickly we eliminated him, and proceeded to round II. At this point we all went invisible before each succeeding wave arrived into the arena and after they came to the center we nuked them quickly before they had a chance to spaz out.

Nobody was in the mood to play anymore after this and we all decided to make it an early night. It is clear this bug has the potential to play havoc with some of the mob scripting and lead to party dead ends. I suggest you quest with a caster and be prepared to use some of your spells in unorthodox fashions. With a little forethought a party should be able to use this bug against the mobs. In effect, screw them over before they have a chance to screw you over. It has the potential to make some quest trivially easy on any level.
    Last edited by tinyelvis; 05-03-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Aye with a vengance, a friend jumped and cast flame turet and took 230 falling dam (oh..he died of course, lowbie trs)

Besides the falling damage death, Carnival went without problems, but bloody crypt, same issue as other peeps in here, held by casters through walls, oh and blinded, stunned, *searing light spam*.
    Last edited by Rizzia; 05-03-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We're looking into this issue atm so thank you to everyone who has provided details in their bug reports! This is going to be a complex fix because it is related to the physics engine upgrade, so as soon as we have more information we'll post the downtime messaging.
    Might I suggest (if possible) that the Dungeon Alert feature is switched off whilst this issue is in effect - I vaguely recall a comment when introduced that it was a server-side toggle?
    (but I could easily be mistaken)

With many dungeons affected by mobs being aware of player presence way before they can physically be reached the alert feature is the thing I see mentioned several times in this thread as it will unavoidably ramp up to high levels quickly in maze/winding/tiered/door heavy questing.

With enemy line-of-sight now unimpeded the non-linear laid out dungeons are obviously more challenging (especially on higher difficulty) and alert-level controls currently just add to the troubles.

Naturally the enemy AI is already active so the circumstance it was implemented to avoid at your end is irrelevant at this stage.

Although by no means a workaround to the wall bug it might alleviate the frustration in some of the quest layouts as avoiding dungeon alert is no longer within player's control.

Apologies if Dungeon Alert is not a live envrionment switch and instead requires a patch and this suggestion is not in any way feasible.

I'm going to try to put this as politely as I can also.
    (and probably fail)

Do we (the players) have to go to Lamannia to test things? Is this now expectable from Turbine? For the players to go to Lamania to check if things are broken? Is this now part of our player experience?

Is Lammania now a testing server where players need to go to test things to ensure each patch is released bug free?
    Last edited by Argila; 05-03-2012 at 03:13 AM.

I wonder realy ... how can an engine upgrade like this pass through dev "testing" :P and go through to live server ? either they toaly dont care and just wanna show they updating and "doing" their job , or they clueless of how to test their code and just move ahead "hoping" for the best... i realy dunno which is worse -.- ..i mean cmon i was doing tomb of the unhallowed and fell straight through the floor into marketplace ...would be funny if didnt happen 3 times :P i had to run back to the quest again and again lol
    Last edited by Shadowaras; 05-03-2012 at 03:13 AM.
    Officer of Eternal Infinity-Thelanis
    ~~~Visit it if interested for recruiting~~~EE Solos And More (Photo Album)~~~EE Soloing Pale Master (Forums)~~~
    Characters active atm .. Shadowaras (Completionist. Project/fs),Shadowaris(Wiz),Shadowares(Pal),Sworrn (Ftr),Nemmesis(Mnk) and Trickzster(Art)

When did this final build drop? Was it after the last dev event?
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    When did this final build drop? Was it after the last dev event?
    On the weekend... while everyone was on live raiding or doing CC.

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast