Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +4 tome

Community Member

Default +4 tome

U all guys know how hard is to find a +4 tome and if u r lucky to find it usually u ar logged with the wrong char.....
    so why not change the bount to char in to bound to account? Just give us the possibility to switch tome to char need it!! Bye.

hehe got a +4 wisdom tome on my fighter for tod 20th completion ...i still took it and gobbled it up cause you neva know.

As rare as they are I completely agree with this. +4 bta instead of btc. /signed
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

With TRing and Tomes carrying over, Sorry. No Dice.

If you don't want it, put it up for roll, because, you know there just might be someone else in the party that really wants it and would be glad to have it.

Community Member

I was thinking all +4 tomes should be bta, but i'll happy they fix bta +4 tome we can find on 20th reward.
    If i find a +4 tome in one random run and i don't need i put it at roll...but in 2 years i've seen only one and if it was bta i'm happy to read it on other mine char...

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post

If you don't want it, put it up for roll, because, you know there just might be someone else in the party that really wants it and would be glad to have it.
    I agree with this, the only reason you would ask to BTA tomes, was when they were not carrying through TR.

Keeping Tomes from TR was one of the biggest changes in the game in 2011, so I think everything related to Tomes is now settled.

I think the OP should be "Can we have at least one +4 tome every 20th run of ToD (or other major endgame raid) ?" I think I foresee this one coming up more easily.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Fort Smith Arkansas. Yes, some people here actually DO get on the internet!

Somehow I bet runs through FR will see a few more +4 tome locations.

So at least there (most likely) will be more places to get them.

If you're going to have them (+4 tomes) I think they should remain bound to character.
    When they come from raids alone, it makes sense to limit the loot to the raiding character
    lest we have people farming on the "best" class to run the raid on. So, if you want your
    +4 str tome on your barb, take your barb to the raid. You want +4 wis on your cleric, looks like
    you're going to play healer .
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

Community Member

I know guys still looking for a +4 tome more than 3 years, it's right 4 u? I think increase raids where u can find +4 tomes at random run btc and 20th run bta it's good for all.

Default Just a thought...

...what if you come across a second +4 tome, exactly like the one you just consumed a month ago? Now, I know that with the rarity of the drop that it probably won't happen. But I have a pretty unlucky wife that games along side of me, and if it does happen, it's going to happen to her and I'm going to have to hear about it for the next month.

Uh oh, she reads the forums more then I do... If you are reading this...

(waves hands about)This is not the macubrae you are looking for.
    Every time mankind makes something new, improved and idiot-proof... nature comes out with a new idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBong View Post
    I know guys still looking for a +4 tome more than 3 years, it's right 4 u? I think increase raids where u can find +4 tomes at random run btc and 20th run bta it's good for all.
    20th end reward lists are for a "paticular" character. That "paticular" character
    gets the reward for completing a raid 20 times. The reward is not for every
    character on a "paticular" account.

Sometimes the loot Gods smile upon you, mostly, they just laugh at you.

Is good the way it is.
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    ...what if you come across a second +4 tome, exactly like the one you just consumed a month ago? Now, I know that with the rarity of the drop that it probably won't happen. But I have a pretty unlucky wife that games along side of me, and if it does happen, it's going to happen to her and I'm going to have to hear about it for the next month.
    I have the perfect solution to this problem, Have her pass the tome to you.

/Not Signed.

100% Uneeded. +4 tomes are extremely rare raid loot. I would say only raid loot, but you may find one or two across the entire game, not one or two per server, the ENTIRE GAME that are unbound. Those lucky tomes dropped from Festivult coins, and are the only unbound +4 tomes in the game.

I think the last time a +4 was sold it was auction style. I think the winner paid 8,000,000 plat for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

This.
    Though, if +5 tomes come out with the new epic levels, as they'd been originally intended to in the past, then we'll likely want to see a small increase of +4 tome drop rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Smile

You should have said "I never want to see +4 tomes become bound to account" and then people would have argued with you and agreed to what you really wanted, +4 bta tomes.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Personally, with the low drop rate of a great number of items, I would like to see BTC go the way of lv 16cap. Turn all BTC into BTA.

/signed

BtC loot, encourages players to share their loot with their party, as opposed to hording it for their alts.

BtC loot, encourages players to share their loot with their party, as opposed to hording it for their alts.
    LMAO. you poor naive soul. They dont share it with the party. they wait til the majority of the party has left and then share it with their guildies/friends. BTC just makes you have to run the same quest 700 times with every toon in your cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    LMAO. you poor naive soul. They dont share it with the party. they wait til the majority of the party has left and then share it with their guildies/friends. BTC just makes you have to run the same quest 700 times with every toon in your cache.
    This might be your experience in the game, and if it is, I'll leave you to that fate, but I do not share it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    They dont share it with the party. they wait til the majority of the party has left and then share it with their guildies/friends.
    Oxymoron detected.
    No difference, their friends/guildies must be in the party to be assigned an item from a chest.

And i see what you meant, but still good people share loot with their friends instead of keeping everything for 16 different toons.

I think a 20th completion should allow you to choose from the whole reward list instead. Why should i feel forced to run a raid? Why one should be struggling to obtain an item or never get one?

20 runs of the same raid is a good effort and should decently rewarded imo.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast