Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    moved east beside the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

Default so are you a 'safe' solo player, or a 'wild' solo player

When you solo a quest are you a 'play it safe and slow' player, or do you 'go wild and nuts'.. sometimes??

just wondered..
    I often solo my stuff, and ya, I sometimes go safe so I finish well, but I admit, while playing my Sorc Littlemama Whooopass the other night, I was laughing at myself as I could not stem the urge to just LEAP into a room and see how fast I can just Whirlwind/Blast the opponent pixels with the least amount of damage..

just wondered if I was the only nutbar..
    sometimes I nearly die, ya, and then re-enter ;but usually clear it quick.. or is that just Zerging?? ???
    I mean, if I'm really wanting the XP I'll be careful, but on my lil loot runs.. I go nuts cause there is no one to yell at me and that is when I can really test my builds..

??
    ~ Lem
    Mystic Mountain DragonRiders
    pushing cart along marketplace shouting; " Fling out yer dead.. "

Community Member

I play it safe till I get bored. That's when I do something silly and aggro all the mobs in acid wit and bring them all past the shrine then die so I'm barely within range of the shrine just so I don't have to kill them. It was taking too long to kill them. 100+ minutes to complete the "safe" way for me... Just wasn't good enough.
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidBear View Post
    When you solo a quest are you a 'play it safe and slow' player, or do you 'go wild and nuts'.. sometimes??

just wondered..
    I often solo my stuff, and ya, I sometimes go safe so I finish well, but I admit, while playing my Sorc Littlemama Whooopass the other night, I was laughing at myself as I could not stem the urge to just LEAP into a room and see how fast I can just Whirlwind/Blast the opponent pixels with the least amount of damage..

just wondered if I was the only nutbar..
    sometimes I nearly die, ya, and then re-enter ;but usually clear it quick.. or is that just Zerging?? ???
    I mean, if I'm really wanting the XP I'll be careful, but on my lil loot runs.. I go nuts cause there is no one to yell at me and that is when I can really test my builds..

??
    ~ Lem
    Wild & nuts.

But I laugh when I spawn too many mobs and it actually makes it take longer to finish than if I would have just worked my way slow and easy.

Since I mostly do high level/end game stuff, when I solo, I generally play it safe and don't take any unnecessary risks.

I take my time. Nice, easy, fun.... I even roleplay the part

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

witty comment about your mother goes here

When I solo, at least on my barbarian, it goes one of two ways.

Method A:

1. Hireling
    2. Rage
    3. How do fug do I solve this puzzle? (optional step)
    4. Everything dies
    5. ???
    6. Win

Method B.

1. Hireling
    2. Rage
    3. Hireling pulls a Hordo
    4. Die

You know, I should just make a flow chart. Flow charts are fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

If by "safe" you mean employing tactical advantages whenever necessary , then yes - I am a "safe" soloer. Conversely, if by "wild" you mean enjoying a killing spree when I am certain my character is under no real threat of turfing a quest, then yes - I am a "wild" soloer. I solo quite a lot. My style of play changes depending on circumstance.

It depends on my goal… farming runs are zerged as fast my capability to do so. A new quest, or a quest I don't know well, is studied long and carefully (many times) so as to learn it. This can include taking screen shots and making notes. I also take the time to enjoy the flavor and story of the quest too.

moved east beside the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    If by "safe" you mean employing tactical advantages whenever necessary , then yes - I am a "safe" soloer. Conversely, if by "wild" you mean enjoying a killing spree when I am certain my character is under no real threat of turfing a quest, then yes - I am a "wild" soloer. I solo quite a lot. My style of play changes depending on circumstance.
    yes, pretty much so..
    I find it easier with my Casters,
    and for my other toons,
    I do take a hireling for healing now and then,

but end up Casting 'Verbs' on them for the most part.. sometimes they frustrate me more than the end Bosses.
    Am guilty of using them as 'bait' ~as I did the first time I solo'd Dreaming Dark
    Mystic Mountain DragonRiders
    pushing cart along marketplace shouting; " Fling out yer dead.. "

I do whatever gets the job done.
    Distributed - Currently on life 80.

Zerg, zerg zerg.

If I die, I learn to zerg better.

Not zerging is for when I'm in raids and (some) epics. Then its time to lead (safely) or listen (well).

Just ask yourself the following: Is it safe?
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Community Member

Safe and sane. I check all optional content and kill all monsters and break all breakables and check each corner. Most of the time I am learning the quest so I want to know where things are and what they do so I go slow and memorize it.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Yes.

I often run quests that are safe when I solo just because I don't really feel like pushing myself at the time and if I'm on my caster, it can be fun to just run screaming through a quest, blowing up everything in sight.

On the other hand, I also get very reckless when I solo because it really doesn't matter if I die. I'm not going to inconvenience anyone and I'm not going to slow anyone down and I'm not going to cost anyone XP when I die. So I do things that would seem foolish if I were in a party. And sometimes I die.

Because I do play in a way that causes me to die sometimes when I solo, I know the limits of what I can do on each of my characters and I can run closer to those limits than people who only play it safe can do. I can do more with less because I know what my real limits are instead of keeping myself in the safe zone all the time.

Community Member

I exclusively solo, so first go round on a quest (new to the game in the laqst 6 months) I do it on Normal explore everything about it and may even avoid the ddowiki just to make it interesting

On my second pass on a quest that I completed on normal, I will do on elite a few levels above half zerging / half taking my time...depends on the quest.

invis + haste or at least exp. retreat whenever possible...so I guess "wild" in those quests where this doesn't work out so well.

Community Member

wild.

zerg all the quests.

depends on the quest for me..but usually just zerg through..

find a nice area,turn around,and start killing anything that comes near me,hehehehee

Bluntt
    Bluntt,Proud Officer of the Truth Seekers
    Adapt or Die,or be a ddo'er and /whine
    Blunttphorse,Madkill,Mait Manic,Ewak,Holmez,Rollin,Axeme Acers

Slow and steady. All the moomoos die in Framework.

Tried to solo elite bravery Reaver's Fate this life. Does that count as wild?

(Not successful, the required DPS on the Reaver requires my full attention and makes it impossible to swat the eles fast enough).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast