Community Member

Default Seeking Perma Death Group to Teach a Newbie!

I'm brand new to this, but the idea of it sounds fairly fun, assuming I understand it properly.

Rules:
    Die at under level 8 and you re-roll, all loot and stuff is gone.
    Level 8+ a cleric/favored soul can raise you normally. At higher levels scrolls are fine.
    All loot must be obtained in quests; no auction house, crafting, or BtA gear.
    Must start at level 1.

This is my understanding of the basic rules, and all else from there is based on player modification, such as no min-maxing or what not.

This sounds like a good amount of fun, and I've decided to take the plunge. I can create a toon on any server aside from Orien, which has all 8 of my character slots filled. I can play as any character type needed aside from Artificer, which I do not have. My only requirement is that you MUST SPEAK ENGLISH FLUENTLY.

Class in order of willingness to play.

Monk
    Bard
    Ranger
    Sorcerer
    Cleric
    Favored Soul
    Wizard
    Rogue
    Fighter
    Barbarian
    Paladin

Please don't ask me to play the bottom five classes; I have these on Orien, and I want to play something new. I'm admittedly hesitant to play a monk or bard since I've never played one before, but that's half the reason I list them first. I've played Rangers to 12, a Sorcerer to 17, and a Favored Soul to 20, so I feel like I grasp these classes well enough.

I'm looking forward to trying this out! I would prefer to play on Argonesson but I can play on any server besides Orien!

If your account is VIP/subscriper, you can check out Mortal Voyage. Make sure you read and understand our rules. Each guild is different. Tonight is lowbie night, a good time to start.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member

Thelanis has "Sublime" as a permadeath guild. check them out as well. i greatly enjoyed my time there.
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

Parvo, what's the difference between VIP and subscriber? Are you guys still not accepting premium who purchase the quest packs?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thouston View Post
    Thelanis has "Sublime" as a permadeath guild. check them out as well. i greatly enjoyed my time there.
    Would you happen to have their website so I can check their stuff out?

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    If your account is VIP/subscriper, you can check out Mortal Voyage. Make sure you read and understand our rules. Each guild is different. Tonight is lowbie night, a good time to start.
    I would love to try, but I'm not VIP so I guess I'm out. That sucks because the rules seem like the kind of experience I'm wanting to try. Oh well. Maybe someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post

I would love to try, but I'm not VIP so I guess I'm out. That sucks because the rules seem like the kind of experience I'm wanting to try. Oh well. Maybe someday...
    I would also HIGHLY recommend The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis. Their rules seem to be relatively in line with your expectations. They are GREAT for teaching smart play tactics.

http://thesublimeguild.com/
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Take a look at the rules thread for The Core. We accept f2p players, and allowing solo'ing up to level 6 now. But it can still be frustrating to join and have no one to open elite for you. Or no one to roll up a new toon to run with you because others are running at higher levels.

That being said, if you have a bit of patience and a stomach for danger, you should check out The Core. We've been around for over 3 years now and have a good group of players.
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post
    i can only echo what Cauthey has said...

http://www.thesublimeguild.com/
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhundult View Post
    Parvo, what's the difference between VIP and subscriber? Are you guys still not accepting premium who purchase the quest packs?
    There is no difference except that VIP doesn't accurately describe that type of account. Subscriber is more descriptive. Recently we had some issues with too many recruits and too many of them were free/premium. Issues included constant begging for passes, inability to open hard or elite, and frequent groups with no veterans. The flood of new players were turning veterans off. A pause on free/premium recruits has worked out well for us. Groups have become more cohesive and the churn of incoming/outgoing players has slowed way down. We are still the most active permadeath guild anywhere.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Rather than plugging each of our own respective guilds, I think the more prudent thing to do would be to provide this link and have you make the decision for yourself. Each guild will have their rules visibly different from one another, so there is plenty of variety. You should check each one out rather than be pressured into a bad fit.

Community Member Gandalfs_Ghost's Avatar

While I sincerely appreciate the props to sublime here, from reading the OPs expectations I think mortal voyage or the core would be more in line with what they're looking for.
    But you are of course more than welcome to come check us out.

Our ruleset is here:
    http://thesublimeguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=248

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnyr_Delorn View Post
    Rather than plugging each of our own respective guilds, I think the more prudent thing to do would be to provide this link and have you make the decision for yourself. Each guild will have their rules visibly different from one another, so there is plenty of variety. You should check each one out rather than be pressured into a bad fit.
    Good Job Magnyr, The resource is right there for anyone who is interested in permadeath, yet repeatedly there are some that are so insecure that they will not promote the permadeath playstyle as a whole because they need to have some invisible need to be uber (ie. we are better, we are more active, we are more challenging). For the OP, I suggest you use the link that Magnyr has posted and select the guild which fits your playstyle needs the most, there are good people in all of the permadeath guilds, all the best!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 59, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc 21(1 Death), Repentnarc 16, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Gatlingnarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarc View Post
    Good Job Magnyr, The resource is right there for anyone who is interested in permadeath, yet repeatedly there are some that are so insecure that they will not promote the permadeath playstyle as a whole because they need to have some invisible need to be uber (ie. we are better, we are more active, we are more challenging). For the OP, I suggest you use the link that Magnyr has posted and select the guild which fits your playstyle needs the most, there are good people in all of the permadeath guilds, all the best!

Mortal Voyage has likely recruited more players to try permadeath than all others combined. When players are not a good fit, I make suggestions where they might go. Am I insecure? If that drives me to create a better, more active, and more challenging guild, than I guess I am.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard