Community Member

Default 3-D map of Tomb of the Shadow Guard

Thanks to Mjoll I finally finished my 3D map of the Tomb of the Shadow Guard. More time went into this map than Haywire but I don't think it is as good. In part because I was not able to leave the edges on because of the inordinate amount of faces some of the collectibles have. The map shows all the collectibles, chests, paths and tunnels.

In getting the tunnel elevations I simply collected one elevation every so many feet and then extruded the height. It gives the tunnels a blocky look but was much easier to accomplish then trying to make it look more natural. I also included pathing instead of the tunnels in case that would be easier to follow for some people, even so it is easy to get turned around in this dungeon. After spending hours in here I am glad Turbine didn't give us what we wanted in Depths, true 3D combat would have been frustrating if Shadow Guard is any indication.

That said this dungeon is really quite linear with only one side passage that leads to an optional, a chest and four mushroom collectibles. Also the water breathing moss is in most of the tunnels at least one time, sometimes two. If don't have any underwater action just take off your armor and shield and you "should" be able to make it from water breathing moss to water breathing moss.

You can download the sketchup model at http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...ef5860ce08425d . Of course you'll need Google's sketchup to look at it, http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/. If you want to checkout Haywire's dungeon just do a search for CuriousGIS on Google's 3D warehouse.
    Last edited by curiousgis; 04-28-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Community Member

Great job on finishing it, this is really impressive. Now do Tempest's Spine and Chains of Flame! Nah I kid, don't do that. I feel a bit bad now for encouraging you to finish it, you clearly put a lot of time and effort into it and probably lost some sanity points in the process.

The easter egg in the middle of the map made me laugh
    Mjoll. CLAW. Thelanis.
    Quest maps: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Item enchantments project: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Monster information project: on the forums & on DDOWiki

sweet..... That clears everything up!

o.0
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Kudos - that looks like it took a lot of time and patience, way outside my capabilities.

Simple Map through Shadow Guard - don't get turned around, and just keep going. When you drop down and find a coin, follow the slope of the coin like you are a kid on the slide at the playground.

If you're late joining the party, just stay at the entrance - when the end fight is over, the gates drop so you can get the chest
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Impressive work, but I'd hate to have to follow it

Now for Turbine to implement 3D map modelling in their map display.

Have you looked at their map in the Servants of the Overlord ... really Turbine ... REALLY?!

Now do Coal Chamber
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Have you looked at their map in the Servants of the Overlord ... really Turbine ... REALLY?!
    Yeh, for years people have been complaining about quests where maps are basically useless... and then they make Servants. Go figure.
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoll View Post
    . Now do Tempest's Spine and Chains of Flame! The easter egg in the middle of the map made me laugh
    Found your map of Tempest, http://ddowiki.com/page/File:M_tempest%27s_spine.png. Did you form that from the minimap or from stiching other map pieces together? It has been a while since I did tempest but thought the map didn't show you where you are.

Not sure which easter egg your referring to. Did I forget and not take somthing out of the final map? Opened it up just to check and only think I can think of is the 2D fighter, "Rachelina" that is by the traps. Next time I'll have to get a picture of you and put it in the map

Community Member

Okay, that's a real good +2... wait, i can't give +2 reputation D:

Leave it with a +1 then. Awesome job!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgis View Post
    Found your map of Tempest, http://ddowiki.com/page/File:M_tempest%27s_spine.png. Did you form that from the minimap or from stiching other map pieces together? It has been a while since I did tempest but thought the map didn't show you where you are.

Not sure which easter egg your referring to. Did I forget and not take somthing out of the final map? Opened it up just to check and only think I can think of is the 2D fighter, "Rachelina" that is by the traps. Next time I'll have to get a picture of you and put it in the map
    Yup Tempest's Spine has no in-game map. Pwesiela gets all the credit for the idea and for stitching those map pieces together, all I did was to add text, symbols, chests and shrines.

Yes I was referring to that fighter, I figured it must be one of your avatars.
    Mjoll. CLAW. Thelanis.
    Quest maps: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Item enchantments project: on the forums & on DDOWiki
    Monster information project: on the forums & on DDOWiki