Default Stealth buff to shadow king boss mummy

On elite we found something rather irking out last night. At some point they made it so you have to drag the mummy back to the light room, you know where you have to hit the lights repeatedly. This makes duo'ing the quest even more tedious than what it was before. I liked how they had it before. He was tough if you fought him where the first torch was but not unbeatable. With the sheer respawn rate the quest has it's obscene to have to drag him back through the hall way, through the timed gates and on top of it have to throw switches and jump down to fight him. Please revert him back to being able to be damaged in the darkness. Flagging for shadow crypt is already tedious enough, nearly as bad as flagging for cursed crypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    On elite we found something rather irking out last night. At some point they made it so you have to drag the mummy back to the light room, you know where you have to hit the lights repeatedly. This makes duo'ing the quest even more tedious than what it was before. I liked how they had it before. He was tough if you fought him where the first torch was but not unbeatable. With the sheer respawn rate the quest has it's obscene to have to drag him back through the hall way, through the timed gates and on top of it have to throw switches and jump down to fight him. Please revert him back to being able to be damaged in the darkness. Flagging for shadow crypt is already tedious enough, nearly as bad as flagging for cursed crypt.
    so... he's like the vamp in bloody crypt now? can't kill at all unless you fulfill the req?

personally i'd rather they get rid of the respawns instead =_=
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    so... he's like the vamp in bloody crypt now? can't kill at all unless you fulfill the req?

personally i'd rather they get rid of the respawns instead =_=
    Oh, if they got rid of the respawns then I'd have no gripe with the mummy's invulnerability. But since we can't go 8 ft with out getting a effing red alert its a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    I soloed it less than a week ago on a sorcerer. UMDed searing light wand I had just in case. Once he was down to 75% it took one fireball.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

I've played this quest fairly recently I think and didn't notice any different to the usual nuke-at-spawn strategy, can anyone else confirm this change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

i've seen it do that once before as well. tried it again afterward (not immediately afterward, a few weeks i think) and it worked just fine. sucks for that one run, but the next time you do it (if you do it again) will probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    i've seen it do that once before as well. tried it again afterward (not immediately afterward, a few weeks i think) and it worked just fine. sucks for that one run, but the next time you do it (if you do it again) will probably be fine.
    Yeah, was talking with a friend, apparently some times he gets bugged coming out of his coffin and is utterly immune to everything acting as an inactive creature that can still harm you. I /just/ did the quest solo on elite with my 6/3/2 pal/mnk/fght and things went fine. So my original post I was in error foiled by a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I've played this quest fairly recently I think and didn't notice any different to the usual nuke-at-spawn strategy, can anyone else confirm this change?
    I finished it 1 week ago, no problem at all in killing him at the spawn.
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

This one has always been unusual. When doing that for exp or favour or helping someone farm for Devouts, all but two times out of probably 20, the mummy was vulnerable at his spawn point. The mummy was NOT vulnerable at his spawn point and had to be dragged to the light room twice.

One of the times he had to be dragged, I did the quest the next day (without a game update) and he was vulnerable at the spawn point.

None of these runs have been recent, no later than u11.

He's SUPPOSED to be immune at his spawn point, and has to be dragged to the other side of the map through the respawns and lit up.

Did this quest solo on 3 lives in a row, killed him with scorching ray at his spawn point every single time. Then last week went in with 2 people, and nothing was working, had to drag him to the room (zzz). Weird stuff.
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Uhmmm.. that would be on day one of the quest creation/release.

The correct statement is at some point they broke it, so that ~90% of the time you don't have to drag him to the light room.

sad.... really wish they would fix this quest back to WAI.

... but I would vote to kill the respawns in the light room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Uhmmm.. that would be on day one of the quest creation/release.

The correct statement is at some point they broke it, so that ~90% of the time you don't have to drag him to the light room.

sad.... really wish they would fix this quest back to WAI.

... but I would vote to kill the respawns in the light room.
    This.

It's broken that you can kill him at the spawn point, I'd also agree though that the respawns (with DA) are stupidly annoying,so hopefully they won't fix it.

ime, if i kill him quickly (like in 20 secs or so), he doesn't bug. otherwise i have to drag him to the light room - which is a pain lol.

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius