Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Still no option to trade gold / silver / copper doubloons for one another?

Was hoping 3rd time around it would be added to the barter box.

Any chance we can see an option added for next time? Just seems a bit strange that at the end of each event I end up dumping 20k of gold doubloons and never have enough copper.

"Yaaarr!!! Dump thar useless gold me mateys, we be after more ah them copper fer the air eles! Yaaarrr" .... please say it's not so.
    Signed. Oh, so very much signed.

I also figured they'd throw in a doubloon conversion option given the experience they've gleaned from the House C challenges. Alas, no.

Couple things about the cove this time around:

1. The bug still exists where the time runs out but the party doesnt get booted from the instance. Stayed in there 20 minutes or so after a CR25 run that should have given us 300 crystals. The game side DM of course said there was nothing they could do, even though we were still in the instance.

2. The boss mobs have insane amounts of HP. Im fine with the way the trash mobs are - as they are more challenging than they used to be, but the boss mobs are redonkulously high in the HP DPT. We werent even killing them - not because they are too hard to fight, but because they require too much attention and resources over a long period of time due to the sheer amount of HP. Its easier to just kite jibbers around and still take care of trash than it is to kill him - because spending that amount of time on him causes the trash to over-run the middle.

3. Melee are still undesired for this event. Most LFMs still require casters - both divine and arcane, and sometimes allow artificers. Ive seen a melee join here and there, but it reminds me of a slayer zone ~2009 or so - its a caster playground. I dont mind it so much because I have a caster on the account, but for people who do not, it makes it tougher to farm materials.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Couple things about the cove this time around:

1. The bug still exists where the time runs out but the party doesnt get booted from the instance. Stayed in there 20 minutes or so after a CR25 run that should have given us 300 crystals. The game side DM of course said there was nothing they could do, even though we were still in the instance.

2. The boss mobs have insane amounts of HP. Im fine with the way the trash mobs are - as they are more challenging than they used to be, but the boss mobs are redonkulously high in the HP DPT. We werent even killing them - not because they are too hard to fight, but because they require too much attention and resources over a long period of time due to the sheer amount of HP. Its easier to just kite jibbers around and still take care of trash than it is to kill him - because spending that amount of time on him causes the trash to over-run the middle.

3. Melee are still undesired for this event. Most LFMs still require casters - both divine and arcane, and sometimes allow artificers. Ive seen a melee join here and there, but it reminds me of a slayer zone ~2009 or so - its a caster playground. I dont mind it so much because I have a caster on the account, but for people who do not, it makes it tougher to farm materials.
    I haven't seen item #1 personally, but that needs to be fixed.

Item #2 I completely agree with....the regular mobs and orange names feel about right. The red names need to hit a little harder but have way less hitpoints....like move the decimal place by a few jumps.

Item #3 While I figured out the first time this event ran that an arcane caster is what you bring into this event its sad that in all this time there has not been any tweeks to make it more melee friendly (no idea how to do this). Especially since the lions-share of the gear is meant for melees.

On another note....The Agency of Natural Resources should be notified about all the gold dubloon polution in the cove waters.....as most everyone I know just pitches all the worthless gold over the side of the boat into the water.

Maybe I was dropped to many times as a baby....but shouldn't the gold be worth the most.....and the one needed the most...not the copper? Although copper is shiny...and orangy-red...but still.

fist of all: my apologies to Turbine. CC still great and the same as in the past year. I was only confused using a squishy toon, so may be i was too much scared for nothing.

then this:

Any chance we can see an option added for next time? Just seems a bit strange that at the end of each event I end up dumping 20k of gold doubloons and never have enough copper.

"Yaaarr!!! Dump thar useless gold me mateys, we be after more ah them copper fer the air eles! Yaaarrr" .... please say it's not so.
    i totally agree with this man, why there is not a converter for Gold to silver and silver to copper ? would be useful.

Default My suggestion

Forgive my spelling.

A lot of us have posts that we have too many Silver and too many Gold Doubloons.

This is my suggestion.

I. Feed the Land.

a. Feed the Pirate's buried treasure with character contributions of gold and silver doubloons.
    1. Gold Doubloon =10 points, and silver D =1 point

b. after 1,000,000 points (servor wide) red names will spawn at an increase of a huge percentage compared to now to almost everywhere in the explorer of the event.

1. But if this happens while in the crystal cove, at the status quo, the team must stop an invasion at the kobold camp. ( with a 10 second warning and then..... all hells breaks lose at the camp)
    a. reward

1. Huge amount of progaming, yes!

Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Zorth; 05-02-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

and times out after a certain amount of minutes
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Default Might as well face it - I'm addicted to Cove!

Might as well face it - I'm addicted to Cove!

The lamp is lit
    I'm not home
    My mind
    Is not my own...

OOC: Okay, I do LOVE the Cove! Don't ask / know why. Just do... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sisyn View Post
    Might as well face it - I'm addicted to Cove!

The lamp is lit
    I'm not home
    My mind
    Is not my own...

OOC: Okay, I do LOVE the Cove! Don't ask / know why. Just do... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
    It's the music. It is addictive.

Last time around I bound my mule in Rook's Gambit just so that occasionally I could /death there and listen to pirate music.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Who can I bribe to get a banker put in Smuggler's Rest? Some shady pirate dude, with large bags?
    My mechanic wants an ammo seller... he keeps trying to melee 'cause I'm too lazy to go back to the harbor for bolts, but it doesn't work very well 'cause he's a halfling with high dex, low strength, and no weapon finesse...
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Central Time USA. Almost "Dead Center" USA

Default Melee has worked best for my group here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Couple things about the cove

2. The boss mobs have insane amounts of HP. Im fine with the way the trash mobs are - as they are jibbers around and still take care of trash than it is to kill him - because spending that amount of time on him causes the trash to over-run the middle.
    3. Melee are still undesired for this event. Most LFMs still require casters - both divine and arcane, and sometimes allow artificers. Ive seen a melee join here and there
    We have found it Easiest with 2 melee and 1 caster with hirlings for healing during the "Crystal Hunt" . We have no problem killing Jibbers anr anything else as long as you have correct weapons ei: Ghost touch and holy or righteous for the Skeletons and pow we plow through it. Took us a few runs to get organized and evey map is not the same so you may have to work at it a little but it is totally worth the work for the Items you can get. Hints;(1). Keep Melee at center. (2). have someone scout for best site but do south quick. (3). 3rd person lays torches. Let melee get extra barrel and put em at bottom of ramp for kobolds and get 3 teleporters. 2 to use and one to reset before you pull up the line to make new one. (4). only run one line at a time or your kobolds will get mixed up. easy as pie. LOL Doen't mean no one will die occasionally. (5). Have FUN AKA Rombom; DrDestiny; Surr Ginn. Fun fun fun
    Last edited by Abba_Gadol; 05-07-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: missed addressing item
    M'chaiyay Ha'Maytim
    Resurector of the Dead
    Abba Gadol Aka: Rombom, Drdestiny, Schwartz
    http://www.prox12.com/

I think he's talking about six-man level 25, where Jack Jibbers is a rather silly brick of HP which is better to just kite around than to try and fight if you've still got collecting and line defense to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Esserbe View Post
    I think he's talking about six-man level 25, where Jack Jibbers is a rather silly brick of HP which is better to just kite around than to try and fight if you've still got collecting and line defense to deal with.
    Indeed...jack jibbers is silly...a huge HP meat bag that hits like a sissy. Much easier to just to have a kiter or the person clearing get his aggro and have him follow you around the map like a lost puppy then it is to DPS him down.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    Indeed...jack jibbers is silly...a huge HP meat bag that hits like a sissy. Much easier to just to have a kiter or the person clearing get his aggro and have him follow you around the map like a lost puppy then it is to DPS him down.
    He is the worst in my eyes, because he is very difficult to hit without a "ghost touch" weapon. "Undead bane" makes it easier, but needs to have "ghost touch" as well to be effective ... Just got an idea for crafting ... Why didn't I combine both earlier ?

Community Member

Another albeit minor suggestion I'd like to make is the ability to trade down gems.

Running cove at level 10, I get Amethysts and Topaz alongside the dragonshards, but items are at levels 8 and 12. In order to make something I can use now, I need to run a whole bunch of times at a lower level just to collect Ambers and Obsidians to craft with.

Perhaps the easiest solution would be a separate trading counter where you can exchange gems, at 3 for 1 regardless of type to avoid cluttering up the barter box

Silver/Gold dubloons.

Let me turn them in for...
    small/large guild renown bounties ( instead of punishing guilds for running cove and not giving any guild renown)
    Trade them for Astral Diamonds
    Buy randomly generated treasure maps
    Exchange Copper/Gold/Silver with minor handling fee.

Also please fix the bug where the instance completes does not give dragonshrds or kick you out of the instance.
    It was already bug reported to death last year, and I still havent received recompensense for those let alone the 2 failed instances from this year...
    Not inculding the server restart while we were waiting for the timer to count down on a completed instance... I think Lolth was ninja'ing my shards while we were being booted from the server...I will deal with her later...

It is annoying when a GM uses canned cut and paste then autoclose that it is a UNKNOWN issue submit a bug report, and another person in the same run got a GM that said that it is a KNOWN issue submit a bug report, and yet a third person got a GM telling him there is nothing they can do, try again when the instance opens again later.
    Compass Loss, time wasted and no Shards make us unhappy event go'ers.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 05-07-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

I would really like to see an Exchange of 'Duh Balloons'.. I have thrown over 30,000 Gold ones out...and that is after filling all chests on our ship full of bottles of fog and jolly bombs..

Quote Originally Posted by Abba_Gadol View Post
    We have found it Easiest with 2 melee and 1 caster with hirlings for healing during the "Crystal Hunt" . We have no problem killing Jibbers anr anything else as long as you have correct weapons ei: Ghost touch and holy or righteous for the Skeletons and pow we plow through it. Took us a few runs to get organized and evey map is not the same so you may have to work at it a little but it is totally worth the work for the Items you can get. Hints;(1). Keep Melee at center. (2). have someone scout for best site but do south quick. (3). 3rd person lays torches. Let melee get extra barrel and put em at bottom of ramp for kobolds and get 3 teleporters. 2 to use and one to reset before you pull up the line to make new one. (4). only run one line at a time or your kobolds will get mixed up. easy as pie. LOL Doen't mean no one will die occasionally. (5). Have FUN AKA Rombom; DrDestiny; Surr Ginn. Fun fun fun
    We were running some 8-10 minute 300 crystal CR 25 runs all weekend (with good maps) which left us with 10-12 minutes of mob killing - which is good for obtaining green and white gems. Only when we had alot of time left did we attack jibbers. If a run took us longer due to average or sub par map, we didnt even bother messing with him.

Jibbers is basically a programmed time sync, and nothing more at that level - a huge static HP total, which is basically a trap to fall into if more than one person is devoting their attention to it for any length of time. Its more efficient to have one player take him south and babysit him while the others clear and scout as needed.

File it with the rest of the "inflated HP =/= moar challenge" examples. They could have given him ten trillion HP with the same offensive capabilities and the outcome would remain the same the way we run it.
    Last edited by Chai; 05-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Devs:

First, what TIME is the event going to close? You guys need to start adding this to the announcement, so we know how long we have on the last day, rather than wondering and guessing at it and hoping it doesnt shut down in the middle of a run. Every event seems to vary each time it is open, so there is no "standard" for us to go by. An official announcement, please.

Second, a thread with suggestions on improving the cove.

I ran it 90% of the time at level 20. Everytime we had 3 or more casters we completed it with 8 mins or more. When we ran it with 4 casters, 1 cleric and my Monk on torch duty. We hit a person record of 12 mins remaining.

The one time we tried with just one caster it was disaster. We pulled maybe 130 or so and that was it.

I will agree with people here on that the fact the red names just had to much HP. When we tried on level 23 we made the 200 count but jack finally fell in the last 2 mins. So yes I do agree that the lastest improvements have been very disappointing.

I honest liked it when it was first released. 2nd release was fun too, but this lastest run I will agree it is thumbs done.

I think the easiest way to grind the green crystal would be to run it with level 4 toons at level 5-7 or so.

Did anybody actually get GEMS to drop with level 20 toons running it at levels 4 and 8? I tried to farm the lower gems but they would not drop. I rolled a Clunk at level 4 and noticed they dropped at level 3 and 7. If I ran the level 20's at level 16 the GEMs did drop here. When i tried again at level 15 nothing dropped. So farming the lower level GEMs was a bust unless you have level correct toons around. it seems to have a 4 level margin.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234