Default Is the BTA Bag Bug Fixed?

I have friends and guildies who are able to use BTA bags with BTC items in them without setting the bag to BTC. Was the bug fixed and I just didn't know about it? Or was it always a sporadic problem to begin with, and these people are just lucky?

If not fixed yet, is there an eta? I have so much stuff held hostage in the BTA bag in my shared bank. I could finish off a couple of greensteel items and upgrade the Fleshmaker's Docent immediately, which would be a big deal to my conjurer wizard. Please advise, thanks!

Community Member

No, the bug is not fixed.

The bug that I have ran up against was if you placed a BTC item in a bag (non bound) the bag became
    BTC. Even after removing all items, the bag was still BTC.

I think that's the bug that you are describing.

Community Member

It is supposed to be fixed on Lam, but I have not personally tested. Perhaps you could do so and report back?

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    If not fixed yet, is there an eta? I have so much stuff held hostage in the BTA bag in my shared bank. I could finish off a couple of greensteel items and upgrade the Fleshmaker's Docent immediately, which would be a big deal to my conjurer wizard. Please advise, thanks!
    All of the items for those things are BtA, and are not effected by this bug. Just be sure not to hit 'gather all' and get a Reaver's Refuge Rune or other BtC item sucked into your bag and you're fine.

Is the fix scheduled for an update before the expansion? I am really hamstrung without it. Though it's now been a significant time Shroud-free, and I am getting other things done with my life, so it hasn't been an unalloyed bad thing.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Is the fix scheduled for an update before the expansion? I am really hamstrung without it. Though it's now been a significant time Shroud-free, and I am getting other things done with my life, so it hasn't been an unalloyed bad thing.
    Slated for the upcoming patch (we were just reviewing our release notes on it).

Community Member

There are bound to character ingredients in the shroud that will jump into your bag even with autogather off? News to me.

Annoying as ****, yes. Never should have happened, **** yes. Hamstringing, no.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    There are bound to character ingredients in the shroud that will jump into your bag even with autogather off? News to me.

Annoying as ****, yes. Never should have happened, **** yes. Hamstringing, no.
    I don't think they even jump into your bag with autogather on. Seems I have shards clogging inventory on various characters, as they don't go into bags, and I can't think of any other BtC ingredient from shroud. Admittedly, I haven't done shroud in a long time (because I got sick of it, not for any other reason).

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Vale pie pieces auto-gather and are BTC, so running any shroud flagging quest will change the status of your bag. This is probably what most people are referring to.

Essence of cleansing ingredient is also BTC. But I do not recall if it auto-gathers. I suspect it does not since other ingredients from the normal end list do not. But the end list for 20th runs is completely different code and may not play by the same rules.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Essence of cleansing ingredient is also BTC. But I do not recall if it auto-gathers. I suspect it does not since other ingredients from the normal end list do not. But the end list for 20th runs is completely different code and may not play by the same rules.
    They don't, I didn't even realize they went into bags for awhile. I just assumed since it went to my inventory it was one more item to store in my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    They don't, I didn't even realize they went into bags for awhile. I just assumed since it went to my inventory it was one more item to store in my bank.
    Yes, be just that end-list rewards do not auto-collect.

Personally, I wish they would just take a look at bags some time... and conform them to be completely unbound and make them temporarily inherit the properties of the items inside. Is not like bags dictate what one may move between characters or trade between accounts. Some bag properties make no sense at all nor conform, large ingred bags stack 2500 ea of 80 different ingreds while large collectable bags stack only 1000 ea of 80 different collectables... Soul bags - they're all exclusive and bta - but soul gems (the only thing which may collect in them) are totally unbound.

Last edited by Emili; 04-26-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

Yes, be just that end-list rewards do not auto-collect.

Personally, I wish they would just take a look at bags some time... and conform them to be completely unbound and make them temporarily inherit the properties of the items inside. Is not like bags dictate what one may move between characters or trade between accounts. Some bag properties make no sense at all nor conform, large ingred bags stack 2500 ea of 80 different ingreds while large collectable bags stack only 1000 ea of 80 different collectables... Soul bags - they're all exclusive and bta - but soul gems (the only thing which may collect in them) are totally unbound.

I agree completely. Worst case, make them all BTA so you can't just pass out bags to new players instead of having them play for them, but the BTC thing is a real pain even without the bug. I don't like to use large bags as they affect my encumberance when full (I am a 110 level crafter so yes I have that many ingredients) and the medium bags are BTC so I have to log into my shroud ingredient character or my Cannith crafter whenever I want to craft and given I don't have the money for an awesomely uber system, load times and client restarts take a lot out of the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kazlady View Post
    I don't like to use large bags as they affect my encumberance when full (I am a 110 level crafter so yes I have that many ingredients)
    On the bright side, they removed the weight out of the vast majority of Cannith Crafting ingredients so you don't need to worry about it!
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds