Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

I would be somewhere between 3 and 4 on that chart. I like choices, I don't like clicking things again and again. I want to play, not play optimise my hotbars. Finishing moves, too much clicky clicky spam. Barbarian Rage at high levels, still too short.

I understand that is part of the DnD feel for some folks to have 20 buffs they cast on themselves before a fight, carry a few dozen weapons, and ropetrick rest after each encounter to refresh spells, but frankly it's just not what I enjoyed back in the day.

I'd like somewhere between a half dozen and 2 dozen abilities hotkeys to hit in normal play. Currently I have a dozen Hotbars open 16 spots unfilled, for about 104 hotkeys. This is on a melee character and includes gear swaps/potions/weapons, and even a hireling or two. For myself, that is more then I want, by about a factor of 10.

The numbers of hotkeys to hit and relearn is one of the reasons I have not gone back to Everquest 2 with its cast orders, and I love my little Ratonga's in that game. The number of hotkeys is a barrier to reentry. If I stop playing DDO, the number of hotkeys I presently have would be discouraging to return to and might stop me as it has stopped me from returning to EQ2.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    As you know, some classes (e.g. casters) have more active "clickies" than others, with melee classes typically having less.

What are your thoughts/tolerances on active abilities as they pertain to your play preferences?

Some sample answers (in case this makes it easier - feel free to answer any way you like):
    1) The more the merrier! The more I can do the better.
    2) Love them as long as they are offensive attacks and not complimentary abilities (e.g. boosts or mob debuffs)
    3) I like having them, just don't want to be forced to use them to be successful.
    4) Prefer passive abilities, otherwise gameplay is too demanding & complex.

As usual I thank you for your feedback.
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

I'm actually fairly surprised by the # of people that are opposed to more clickies and abilities. I guess like monks, you either love them or hate them. But all casters are when it boils down to it a clicky class, every spell in their spellbook.
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteel View Post
    I'm actually fairly surprised by the # of people that are opposed to more clickies and abilities. I guess like monks, you either love them or hate them. But all casters are when it boils down to it a clicky class, every spell in their spellbook.
    Casters can click at a much slower rate and still be quite effective. Monks need to click around one ability per second with more than a dozen different abilities in order to get the most out of their class. Casters can cycle between 5 or 6 different spells 90% of the time and only cast one spell every few seconds and do just fine. If the long cooldown on Necro spells isn't stopping Pale Masters from being effective with *only* necro spells in most quests, then it's pretty obvious that the number of clicks per second on a caster isn't all that high.

The number of different clickable options isn't the issue with Monks. It's the number of different clickable options together with the rate at which you want to click them.

The characters listed in my signature are in order a Monkmix, Barbarian, Rogue, Monk, Monk. While I love my Monks and other Melee's, my Barbarian is my most me friendly character with a mere 82 Hotkeys.
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

Casters do not need to be actively involved in melee while "Clicking". I do not consider anything my caster does to be "Clickies".

Being involved in the combat, getting the right position, the right Distance, Being in Mouselook so that when the mob shifts, I can shift with them is a whole differnt scenario than standing back and thinking about what spell to cast next.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Casters can click at a much slower rate and still be quite effective. Monks need to click around one ability per second with more than a dozen different abilities in order to get the most out of their class. Casters can cycle between 5 or 6 different spells 90% of the time and only cast one spell every few seconds and do just fine. If the long cooldown on Necro spells isn't stopping Pale Masters from being effective with *only* necro spells in most quests, then it's pretty obvious that the number of clicks per second on a caster isn't all that high.

The number of different clickable options isn't the issue with Monks. It's the number of different clickable options together with the rate at which you want to click them.
    and a melee can autoattack and for the most part do fine. a caster certainly has a full rotation when going 'nucklear'

web AoE Dot SLAx3 polar ray or whatever other high level spell they choose, and repeat

just providing melee with moar DPS isnt going solve the caster problem that so many people choose to whine about. it'll help slightly, but its still no answer for the versatility of a spell book. A barbarian is probably the worst offender, you get 7 feats(of which alot will be passives, but could be up to seven), trip, sunder, and rage as your baseline abilities. Enhancements add 1 min clickies in the form of the frenzies, and you can pick up supreme cleave.

a wizard gets 12 feats and 40+ spells in their spell book as their base, not counting whats currently not memorized. SLA's will add several more abilities depending on what PrE and possibly even some forms.

you're comparing a character with up to 13 clickable abiltiies with one with 55+. one whose primary function is autoattack and the other whose every-single-action will be a clickable abilitiy.

yes a caster can get by with just a handful of spells every 30s, whether that be wailing or tossing an acid fog. We can also invis thru an entire quest and DoT the final boss if we want to be really stingy. But when you have SP to burn, or **** hits the fan, melting faces with a sorc can be just as intensive as a monk.

which is funny, I loved leveling a monk, but absolutely hated my sorc life. personally I find that casters already have TOO many options. general melee have too few, and rainged has only manyshot/fusilade/1000stars depending on build. I found that monks were just about right once I set up my keybindings to be comfortable
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Noticed a variety of imput on your clickies thread, and it got me thinking of this:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/npcClasses/warrior.htm

Which got me thinking something like that would be easy to make for people wanting something simplier.
    (Sort of)

Which got me to thinking what would one add to it, to bring it up to be a player character class instead of an npc.

Which got me to thinking what would a brand new player need in a class?
    Which made me wonder if a variation of the ranger type based on two weapon fighting might be good?
    Which made me wonder with all the prestigue improvements, if a base class without prestigue classes might help add to the mix, particularly if one can pick up a bit of prestigue classes elsewhere?

This is probably the opposite of what you are working upon at the moment, but sometimes looking at extreme versions helps my perspective.

The Warrior Class

The Warrior Class is designed to be an entry level class for those wanting a simpler to play melee class.
    It is designed to be a bonus DDO class that is easier to add to the game.
    It is designed to not need skill in choices as the basics are already provided.
    It might need balancing and finesse to polish up.

Good Base Attack Bonus
    Good Fort Saves
    Good Reflex Saves

D10 Hit Points

The warrior gains a variety of feats without needing to meet the prerequistes:

Level 1 Bonus Feat Toughness
    Level 2 Bonus Feat Two Handed Fighting
    Level 4 Bonus Feat Quickdraw and Cleave
    Level 6 Bonus Feat Improved Two Handed Fighting
    Level 8 Bonus Feat Spring Attack
    Level 10 Bonus Feat Rapid Shot and Healing Amplification +10%
    Level 12 Bonus Feat Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    Level 14 Bonus Feat Healing Amplification +20%
    Level 16 Bonus Feat Whirlwind Attack
    Level 18 Bonus Feat Healing Amplification +30%

The warrior’s constant use of potions for healing grants:
    Superior Potion Use: A warrior gains a 5% profane bonus per warrior level in the use of cure potions.

Class skills: Balance, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Swim

The warrior generalizes in combat and does not have its own prestige classes, however it may qualify for other prestigue classes.

Enhancements:
    Strength increases
    Sprint boosts
    Jump boosts
    Haste boosts
    Extra damage with two handed weapons
    Extra damage with throw weapons
    Warrior Devotion which improves the preformance of potion use.

Not trying to derail the thread, it just seems like a wide variety of opinions, hence perhaps...

in answer to your question:

'Id have to say option 1, the more the merrier.

Im genraly a caster player and the meles I do have have lots of tactics feats (active clickies) abd boosts. Without the tactics feats I feel my meles would be no fun at all. I feel that mele characters could use a great deal more options for active abilities - preferable non boost ones, such as special attacks.

Ive proposed additional feats in the past, check posts by me in suggestions for these.

some ideas were things like overrun and bull rush being added, along with more active sheild related goodies.

I know many here feel meles lack something compared to casters, I think that the main thing they lack is fun. I feel that more active abilities (special attacks, combat manouveres etc) are a good way to solve this.

Regarding boosts:
    The initial timer for boosts should be removed, and boosts should not disrupt or slow down the attack chain (and the unintended benefit of quick draw should be dealt with or acknowledged in the process.

Regarding tactics feats (and other activated abilities) and fighting style:
    Curently there is a discrepancy between two weapon fighting and two handed fighting when activating combat feats such as stunnign blow, and monks seem to be getting the best of both worlds here. Some clear consise information would help here whatever your policy is. eg the discription for stunnign blow should describe exactly how the attack works when using 2 hand fighitng, 2 weapon fighting, unarmed and of course sword and board (the form the still needs the most help).

Final point - key binding:
    All active abilities should be accessable via both the toolbars, and also via hotkeys- and all hotkeys should be rebindable. The rune arm is now rebindable - thanks for that ALT was a pain.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Personally, I don't like the 20 second boosts, they are too short.
    Having less of than 5 say 2, but allow them to regenerate over time and last longer would be nicer.

But love the radiant servant aura and burst design.

Like the minute and a half greensteel haste clickie and greensteel displacement clickie, except for the long cooldown times on changing equipment/casting.

I scanned the first page and that's it, but....

Clickies as they exist don't "add more challenge" or make the game more complex -- that's silly. If you want to offer real challenge then do so in the form of actual combat/content. Keep players on their toes by forcing them to be constantly situationally aware of their positioning during non-trash (visible/queued AoE, room traps, etc). DDO's best feature is the actual combat...try exploiting that fact.

Honestly, making the player hotbar and then hit a clickie every 20/60/180 seconds adds absolutely nothing fun to the game. Cumbersome & confusing doesn't equal complex/challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    I scanned the first page and that's it, but....

Clickies as they exist don't "add more challenge" or make the game more complex -- that's silly. If you want to offer real challenge then do so in the form of actual combat/content. Keep players on their toes by forcing them to be constantly situationally aware of their positioning during non-trash (visible/queued AoE, room traps, etc). DDO's best feature is the actual combat...try exploiting that fact.

Honestly, making the player hotbar and then hit a clickie every 20/60/180 seconds adds absolutely nothing fun to the game. Cumbersome & confusing doesn't equal complex/challenging.
    Youre right, DDOs best feature is the actual combat - in part which is character play mastery. Activatible short term abilities are part of what drives this aspect of the game. Without character play mastery, we end up with just another sammich cookie cutter WOW clone where better stats = victory. Toss DDO on top of the heaping pile of below average progression gating system tier level based gear acquisition raiding games if we just dumb melee combat down to autoattack, due to the fact that all abilities are just static or long term.

Anyone remember playing a fighter (warrior) in Everquest?

Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Youre right, DDOs best feature is the actual combat - in part which is character play mastery. Activatible short term abilities are part of what drives this aspect of the game. *snip*
    I can't tell if you agree with me -- you seem not to, then seem to with the comic. I will just go with the idea that you disagree.

Simply hitting a hotbutton (which in DDO is always about boosting stats) as a standard part of rotation does not make for challenging active combat. It is the core of what that comic makes fun of. Clicking my ear dweller, or my melee boost, or my AC boost or whatever every single boss fight does nothing to enhance my mastery of the class or the combat in DDO.

That doesn't mean a "clickie" can't enhance combat, but to do so, it needs to be situationally useful and dependant, in part, on timing. Then it becomes more than a simple matter of Zzzzzz-rotation.

As a rather mundane example -- Turbine codes a new boss 10ish minute fight. Every ~two minutes, the boss enters a rage mode where he constantly untyped AoEs the entire room, minus a safe spot. He can only be kicked out of the AoE after a certain amount of damage. Only melee's with good reflex saves can survive outside of the safe spot. Any sort of save boosting clickie becomes important during this DPS phase as the AoE can't be dodged (Uncanny Dodge, Versatility, etc).

In this scenario, the clickies become tactically useful and, as such, interesting and fun.

If you are always hitting certain clickies as part of your optimal rotations, it adds nothing to the game. You might as well always have them active...otherwise, where exactly is the "fun" or "mastery" coming from? The act of clicking and remembering to do so (hello Naga)...?

Community Member

I would like to see more active abilities for existing classes and ideally more active abilities that aren't throttled through uses/rest. I really like the way monks work where abilities are more than just temporary buffs, but unfortunately they aren't a character concept I really feel like playing.

I'd also really like to see more ranged combat maneuvers (or have melee combat maneuver feats also grant ranged versions that might work slightly differently), as it currently stands pretty much everything interesting is melee only unless you want to play a caster.

I can't tell if you agree with me -- you seem not to, then seem to with the comic. I will just go with the idea that you disagree.

Simply hitting a hotbutton (which in DDO is always about boosting stats) as a standard part of rotation does not make for challenging active combat. It is the core of what that comic makes fun of. Clicking my ear dweller, or my melee boost, or my AC boost or whatever every single boss fight does nothing to enhance my mastery of the class or the combat in DDO.
    That doesn't mean a "clickie" can't enhance combat, but to do so, it needs to be situationally useful and dependant, in part, on timing. Then it becomes more than a simple matter of Zzzzzz-rotation.
    The eardweller is literally an example of something that is situationally useful, and understanding the timing and situations to use it in are part of system mastery. Youre looking more for context and less for substance. The beauty of DDO play mastery is the game doesnt literally dictate to you what that context is or when to use your abilities.

As a rather mundane example -- Turbine codes a new boss 10ish minute fight. Every ~two minutes, the boss enters a rage mode where he constantly untyped AoEs the entire room, minus a safe spot. He can only be kicked out of the AoE after a certain amount of damage. Only melee's with good reflex saves can survive outside of the safe spot. Any sort of save boosting clickie becomes important during this DPS phase as the AoE can't be dodged (Uncanny Dodge, Versatility, etc).

In this scenario, the clickies become tactically useful and, as such, interesting and fun.
    As do the damage boost clickies and haste boost clickies, frenzy activations etc - which will cause the burst damage needed to kick the mob out of the AOE phase more quickly due to meeting the necessary damage output sooner. This includes eardweller as well.

If you are always hitting certain clickies as part of your optimal rotations, it adds nothing to the game. You might as well always have them active...otherwise, where exactly is the "fun" or "mastery" coming from? The act of clicking and remembering to do so (hello Naga)...?
    This is exactly what the comic is ACTUALLY making fun of, because the warrior in EQ had an auto-attack and a taunt key. It had a kick key which was basically irrelevant in raids. To be the best warrior, the guy had to taunt every time it came up - everything else was done for him through gear and by proxy, stats. I used to "macrotank" bosses in that game by making a macro that used taunt each time it came up and putting my toon in melee range of the world boss. Then I would sit and watch. Best raid tank on the server. Why? Best gear. Ability needed? Dont need to be in the same room after moving into attack range.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Here's what I see.

EQ1 started basic with really nothing for melee to do other than stand there. Many other games built new ways of fighting and made combat into a real system. Most notably there's the wow system with the global cooldown and constant spamming, or the EQ2 system which is basically constant spamming with short pauses for auto attacks.

DDO was unique because mobs move more and it's more hands on as you navigate the dungeons. Melee combat has less skills to spam, but their positioning and timing the use of the skills is more important.

The whole thing is evolving, and in my opinion turbine should take a look at DCUO and perhaps take a few ideas from their combat system. It may actually be a little bit too busy for many DDO players, but there's still some solid concepts that make the fighting require more interaction and thought. My ideal online game would be something in between DDO's current pace and DCUO's pace, but in a fantasy setting (which is why I'm here and not playing DCUO).

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    it's fine, though I'd like to see certain things like Power Surge be a full-time stance instead of a 1 minute clicky. I'd also like to see Frenzy and Death Frenzy get the same treatment and not require the renewal.
    Not sure if I like or don't like this but it's a good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I love active combat, and active attacks that matter (monk strikes/finishers, trip, sunder, stun...)

I hate short time based clickies that have to be micro managed by watching timers and icons/timers. If I'm in combat, my eyes should be able to stay on the enemies, not have to keep focused on icons on the edge of the screen.

I prefer active actions on my casters as well, but have a much higher tolerance for watching timers when I am casting.
    I agree with this for the most part. Anything less than 1min is generally to much of a hassle.

HOWEVER,
    First, remove the delay that was added when activating them!!!! They didn't always have it so don't claim they did. A Kensai should be able to mash his PSurge+HasteBoost TOGETHER!!!Not have to waste 3 seconds OR MORE IF YOU DIDNT' TAKE QUICKDRAW just to active his/her dps ability.

Actually....that is my only opinion on them at all. I don't care if you add more or make some that you have more like permanent boosts or stances as hinted to earlier. STOP THE NONSENSICAL PAUSE FOR 1.2 SECONDS JUST TO ACTIVE THEM.

/rant off and apologies for yelling
    **yes I know why they claimed to have added the delay in the first place and it's an absolute non-issue anymore and hasn't been for a very very very long time.

While this might not be D&D proper, I think that most melee abilities should be turned into APs, or at least partially. You shouldn't have to get multiple feats just to pull of whirlwind. Maybe make one feat for each line of "attacks", like "Slashes", "Unarmed combat", etc.
    Then you can put AP into whatever you have the feat pre-requisite for, so 6AP down the line you get Whirlwind and other attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    As you know, some classes (e.g. casters) have more active "clickies" than others, with melee classes typically having less.

What are your thoughts/tolerances on active abilities as they pertain to your play preferences?

As usual I thank you for your feedback.
    Um, this isn't the terminology I usually hear for active character abilities. "Clickies" generally mean swap gear with activated effects on them such as the Planar Gird or Visor of the Flesh Render Guards--stuff you don't wear but use as if they were potions you have to put on first.

As for active abilities--I like them. For a lot of people starting out, rogue boosts are basically essential to enable them to find/disarm traps AT ALL. However, this can be problematic because they become lazy about seeking out better skill bonus gear, so they aren't prepared when they try to do traps a level or two down the road.

Most monk active attacks are nice, and they make combat a lot less boring. However, I would have to say that the cooldowns and ki costs on some of these attacks are a bit too high for what they do, particularly Fists of Iron. It's a neat ability, but the chances of your activation actually lining up with a crit are not very good. Likewise with paladin abilities like Exalted Smite and Divine Sacrifice. I have all three of these on my monk/paladin who uses longswords with Whirling Steel Strike and Improved Critical, and they just don't have their bonus effect that often.

It is also spectacularly annoying that Dance of the Water Strider STILL does not work on the lake in Meridia. What's the point of having an ability that lets you run on water if it doesn't work on one of the biggest bodies of water in the game? Also, as a last note about monk activated abilities--EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM should have, in the description, a LIST OF WHAT ATTACKS YOU CAN USE THEM WITH. I can't begin to tell you how peeved I was the first time I tried to build a Dark Monk and discovered that you can't use Touch of Death with ANYTHING other than handwraps. Seriously? I know it's called "Touch" of Death, but Fists of Iron is called "Fists" and you can use it just FINE with any ki weapon. What's the point in having these cool feats and prestige paths that let you use other weapons as ki weapons (particularly when one of them REQUIRES YOU TO BE A DARK MONK IN ORDER TO TAKE THE PRESTIGE) when that style SHUTS YOU OUT of the primary benefit of BEING A DARK MONK?! It's harder to build up Ki in order to use expensive attacks when you're using weapons, anyway! I think you get penalized enough for using weapons when you a.) attack more slowly b.) have a (MUCH) smaller damage die c.) lose your Ki Strike DR-breaking effects d.) have to take a ****load of Two Weapon feats to get your money's worth e.) have to devote extra bag slots and cash expenditure to getting or making two weapons per set instead of just one.

I'm not even going to mention how silly Zen Archery is due to the fact that you can use precisely ZERO monk abilities with it (other than Thousand Stars) and it DOES NOT GENERATE KI for you. A lot of this stuff seems like a big old "screw you!" to people who like to experiment with oddball builds. Making archery a valid DPS method instead of a joke drains so many of your feats and stat points as it is, why not let the archers get ALL the benefits of their classes instead of just evasion and wis to AC? If you take rogue levels on an archer build, you can use all your skills AND sneak attack (granted, at a limited range). If you think it's OP, let monk archers only use their specials at point blank range, just like rogue ranged with sneak. Make Manyshot count just as regular-speed attacks for the purposes of generating ki. Considering how slowly bows attack compared to, say, handwraps, you won't get enough Ki to use your big abilities often, anyhoo.

I've also been having problems with Smite Evil not going off properly if it's used rapidly in conjunction with other activated abilities. The monk attacks and Divine Sacrifice all go off perfectly, but Smite seems to be about 50/50. I don't know if this is because there's a slight animation delay with Smite, so the other activated abilities are "interrupting" it, but it's really annoying. If you're going to have button-mashing, have it work.

Feat-based activated abilities like sunder, stunning blow, stunning fist, sap, and trip are awesome, but I think there's not enough variablity in enemy resistance to these abilities. I'd like to see it be a lot more important how selective you are about what mobs you target, particularly since most of these abilities are based on traits that enemy casters ought to have almost nothing in. Granted, the high-level enemy casters that throw arcane spells AND divine spells AND have evasion (and are red-named so they're immune to EVERYTHING), are just silly regardless. When do we get this class for PC's? I suspect that nobody would play any other class ever again.

Some of the activated abilities in the game, you never see people use, specifically the poisons under Assassin. Almost all rogues wind up taking the assassin path by endgame, but I can't recall seeing them use the poison abilities. Maybe the DC's are too low. Maybe the effects are just pointless (or, due to the aforementioned Red-Named Caster Plague, they're worthless when you'd actually want to use them.). In any case, I think abilities like that should be reevaluated, and either removed or revamped. The Warforged Healing thing under rogue Mechanic is also weak beyond belief. Frankly, in light of the existence of Artificer, I think the entire Mechanic path for rogues ought to be reevaluated and possibly replaced with something a.) unique and b.) useful, like, say, a single weapon-oriented Duelist path. Wrack Construct is also incredibly weak given the expenditure required to get it and the fact that constructs are pretty few and far between. I played a rogue mechanic who used Wrack Construct excessively, and I don't think I ever ONCE saw a construct fail the save that reduces their fortification or some such. Considering there are now effects (weaken construct, destruction) that reduce fortification without allowing for a saving throw, why not just have Wrack Construct apply, say, a permanent Smiting effect to all weapons? Or maybe it does something different now and it's been too long since I played with it.

One thing that also gets annoying is that it can be pretty difficult to predict what abilities are going to share cooldowns. If I just used my Haste boost, why do I have to wait 30 seconds to use a SKILL boost? And why do boosts from different classes share a cooldown when they don't share the same pool of 5 boosts? (SHOULD they share the same pool of 5 boosts?)

A lot of the activated abilities you get off past life feats are pretty freakin' lousy (Bard, Cleric, Paladin), while some of them, in comparison, are pretty freakin awesome (Ranger).

Oh, and the Cleric Capstone SUCKS now.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 04-27-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Community Member

I prefer to use a 3D Pro joystick, which limits the number of keys available for clickies. I'll use the mouse for out of combat selection (buffs, search, disable, open locks, bluff etc). In combat, I'll use the keys to change weapon sets, switch targets, move, jump, sneak, and attack or fire a rune arm. This uses up all my available keys. The only time I take things like damage boosts are when they are required for a PRE. Even the artificer's endless fusillade isn't worth binding to a key. For a clickie to be useful to me, it should have a duration of 2 mins or more (so it can be activated before combat), otherwise it just isn't worth it. And if it's only usable a limited number of times per rest, it'll probably never get used at all.
    What I WOULD like to see, is the ability to craft daily use items with your choice of spell (possibly limited to 3rd or 4th lvl spells), and charged items like wands and staffs.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast