Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rage?

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Please submit bug reports! If you find a spell that is behaving strangely since update X or Y, it's worth it to let us know what's happening. Forums are the absolute worst and unreliable way to let us devs know that's something is buggy.
    Speaking of absolute worst way, I tried to submit a bug report that the bug report was broken (requires a login, accepts the login, then shows forums..clicking submit bug and it is back to login) and I am still stuck on the mobius strip.

At least you can read something on the forums.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Please submit bug reports! If you find a spell that is behaving strangely since update X or Y, it's worth it to let us know what's happening. Forums are the absolute worst and unreliable way to let us devs know that's something is buggy.
    The problem is, spell bugs have been around since update 9, and don't seem to affect any particular spell more than another. Though it's certainly most notable on heal and raise spells, arcane combat spells, masses of any sort, various clickies (since UD10), and recently even persistant aoes have all been frequently noted (by myself, my guilds, and those I run with) as failing. I know they're a major point of discussion in-game, and have been brought up many times in-forum, I can't imagine you haven't been getting bug reports as well?

And, actually, that's contradictory. Devs have said in the past that using the forums is the BEST way to get a response. Certainly, that's the impression we've been given, regardless. At least then we have some chance at a reliable acknowledgement.

Silly thing is, I'm so used to the bugs now that I'll assume my haste simply spell-bugged out when I cast and it doesn't work, and recast it a few times before realizing I have Boots of Anchoring still on :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Speaking of absolute worst way, I tried to submit a bug report that the bug report was broken (requires a login, accepts the login, then shows forums..clicking submit bug and it is back to login) and I am still stuck on the mobius strip.

At least you can read something on the forums.
    Oh, on that point.
    Since the forum bugs back when, it's been impossible for me to:
    1: Log in to the forums or My.DDO using a cell phone, which worked fine before that.
    2: Log in to the forums or My.DDO using the forum login, though the My.DDO login works fine (this bug was noted during the forum bugs, and just never fixed).
    3: The 'Unable to login to bug-report via the game' bug still flickers on and off. Mostly on, unfortunately.
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Note that they now often send you pms on forums when you submit a bug, which I find much better than the total absence of feedback we used to have
    Very true- I reported the feat Rage not always going off when I click it and got a PM in the forum within a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    devils advocate: repeatedly bug reported several bugs, they are all still in game, save for one, years later.

conclusion: why bother?

People want to see more dev talk on the forums. I'd rather see more visible dev action by bugs that are player visible getting attention. While I 100% agree there is a TON of important background fixes happening, we can only see the visible. It is by this unfair score by which you are rated.
    And with them sending the PM in forum, that visibility increases. I like the PM idea. Makes it feel less of a sterile environment and more like the money I spend matters. Whether it does or not means nothing. Perception is everything.

DoS and SD (quite popular since the HP/SP display pass) give morale bonus. Same as rage.
    Keep that in mind while checking for it.
    I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    And, actually, that's contradictory. Devs have said in the past that using the forums is the BEST way to get a response. Certainly, that's the impression we've been given, regardless. At least then we have some chance at a reliable acknowledgement.
    Response, yes, a fix, no. On our bugfix days we go through the bug list in the database, starting with the most egregious and important issues first.
    From dev meeting: "It's fun to fail!"
    "Grouping in MMOs is 1d6 players pretending to like each other long enough to start drama over loot."
    "There is a way to implement it but it’s got so many red flags it’s like communism."
    "That tears it. I need to get a donkey."

Response, yes, a fix, no. On our bugfix days we go through the bug list in the database, starting with the most egregious and important issues first.
    That's a welcome clarification. Either way, it doesn't seem to hurt to report and post for emphasis. Perhaps additionally raises the emphasis on a few more notable bugs- like, say, a mechanic-breaking one that's been around for four updates ;P

Due to the bugtracker bugs, sometimes the forum is our only recourse. And even when logging into the reporter through the forums is an option, we're usually too irritated by the hassle, and then when someone else posts about the matter we're reminded of our annoyance and we post our agreement :P

I know there was some mention by the devs on reworking the bug tracker and clearing its bugs out.
    That seems like a good way to smooth things out

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    I know there was some mention by the devs on reworking the bug tracker and clearing its bugs out.
    That seems like a good way to smooth things out
    They already did? Last month , http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367158

So what should I do if I submit a bug report about a PrE's benefit not working properly, actually get a response saying it's working as intended when it clearly isn't based on the description of the benefit, point out the discrepancy and then get no further response?

What's the best way to get that handled, cause clearly submitting a bug report failed?

Okay, how about a seperate part of the forums is made specificly for discussing bugs with other players. Of cource, emphisize that they NEED TO SUBMIT A BUG REPORT about stuff on there. Just throwing this idea out there.

A list of bugs in a game made public. PREPOSTEROUS! It will chase possible new players away!!!!
    Got a question the answer may be on the wiki! http://ddowiki.com

I don't want to be a ****, but over the last few months, there have been at least two long-standing, fairly significant bugs/usability issues that had not been addressed at all, until people made a big deal about them on the forums. There are plenty of cases over the last couple years of bugs that appeared to be unknown to the dev/QA team until they gained attention here, despite numerous people having submitted bug reports for those issues.

You folks may want the bug report tool to be the solution, and the place you hear about these problems, and may claim that it works, as a method for identifying and tackling these things, but that really has never been the case. Add to that the confusing policy regarding the functionality of the Known Issues List, and the lack of communication we get on what bugs you know about, which are slated to be fixed, which aren't, and which are actually considered WAI, it doesn't make any sense for us to simply submit bug reports and assume that that is going to get the problem addressed--we don't know if anyone gets them, reads them or gives them any serious thought.

Example: The items that granted extra uses of an ability (Rage, Turn Undead, Bard songs, Action Boosts, etc...) that would remove uses every time it was taken off or you died. That was around for about 2 years. I know, because there were threads about this when ToD came out. I had personally submitted 4 or 5 bug reports for these, mixing it up to cite Rage, Turn Undead, Action Boost and I think Uncanny Dodge usages over those two years, and I was certainly not alone in this. Over that entire time, there was zero acknowledgement of the issue. None. Despite it making several items, including many items released after the issue had been around, and brought up, for many months, not just poor, but actually detrimental to your character if you wore them.

And the thing continued to go without any sort of developer/QA response until the thread about it that gained a lot of attention a few months ago. So, that was two years without any acknowledgement at all, despite many bugs reports being submitted. Then, the initial response was to say that this wasn't a priority and that it wasn't going to get fixed...until the outcry from the forum community forced a reversal (or appeared to).

What we can take away from this, is that even numerous bug reports may very well go unnoticed or unheeded for a long time, and that without our strident insistence, even those that do get noted may not be prioritized on your end, despite their being a pretty big issue on ours. How are we supposed to accept, then, that submitting bug reports is the correct course of action? The Known Issues List doesn't get updated very often, it seems, often is missing things that have been hot button issues at the time, and don't contain any of the bugs that you know about but don't need more information from us regarding. How do we know if something isn't on there because you don't know about it, or because you have all the info you want from us on it, and will take care of it eventually? How do we know which problems are priorities for you?

The Turbine DDO team has been much better about communicating with us, but there are still some problems with the team-player interaction, and the Known Issues list is a significant part of that.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Well put, Sephiroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    They already did? Last month , http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367158
    Since the goal was to rework the organization of and fix the problems with the bugtracker, and the sum of those goals hasn't been met, they still have work to do.

I know I, at least, still was having reporting problems earlier this month. Being that Mal's post didn't directly address the login and error-on-sending problems, they may not have been included in that pass.

Please submit bug reports!
    Pro Tip: Did you know, The ladder bug turned 6 last year. Go bug reports!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12