Community Member enochianscholar's Avatar

Smile vcr.manifest download problem

i have downloaded and played ddo on my pc over the past few months but wen i try downloadin it on my laptop the pando software gets downloaded but after that the download gets stuck at some filled called some thing like vcr.manifest i have tried downloadin it many times but it gets stuck over there always any pointers?

can't help with the actual issue you got but I will present a suggestion.

If you have access to your desktop just copy the turbine folder across to your laptop. You may need to download dotnet1.1 +SP but it will be quicker than downloading DDO again.

good luck
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Customer Service Representative Mirthgar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enochianscholar View Post
    i have downloaded and played ddo on my pc over the past few months but wen i try downloadin it on my laptop the pando software gets downloaded but after that the download gets stuck at some filled called some thing like vcr.manifest i have tried downloadin it many times but it gets stuck over there always any pointers?
    That's the Visual C++ package that the downloader installs as part of its pre-requisite installs. Make sure you are launching ddohigh.exe or ddostandard.exe with right-clicking and choosing the "Run as Administrator" option.

NOTE: The Customer Support forums are for Player-to-Player help, for official support, please submit a ticket to the appropriate team via the form here.

After contacting support, log into your email webpage to add noreply@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book. Be sure to check Spam/Junk Mail folders as well since most email providers do not let external email programs or cell phones download mail flagged this way.

Default few questions on copying ddo

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    can't help with the actual issue you got but I will present a suggestion.

If you have access to your desktop just copy the turbine folder across to your laptop. You may need to download dotnet1.1 +SP but it will be quicker than downloading DDO again.

good luck
    i thought that you cant copy ddo and play it on another desktop or laptop...i have downloaded ddo in c drive its a file called turbine do u mean the whole turbine folder?or another turbine folder in the main turbine folder...i have the standard resolution ddo and its 6.2 GB...please can u be more specific ty for the fast replies..

Can't be much more specific as I don't know where you installed it

Right click on any short cut you have for ddo and select properties. From there you can see where the install folder is. Copy the entire folder. across to your laptop.

Also, if you have a look in your Documents/My Documents folder there should be a Dungeons and Dragons Online folder. If you copy that folder across as well you will have the same keymaping as on your main system.

Once done create a shortcut to the "TurbineLauncher.exe" file within the main folder and you should be good.

You may need to download dotnet1.1 and sp1 and possibly the visual C++ package as well. Would advise running Windows update after installing these to ensure they are fully patched
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

You're going to need that thing that appeared to fail to download, and if you try to COPY from another PC you will STILL need to download that Visual C Related stuff from elsewhere.

If you are not very computer savvy or are having trouble copying from another PC I strongly suggest you take the advice of trying the full install again and being sure to Right Click on the link to run as administrator.

Otherwise of course you can go about copying, but we'll be going through a string of copying advice, then you are still going to need to download more stuff from the web and we'll be going through another long string of advice for that.

Smile another question

my desktop has windows xp and laptop has windows 7 so will it give any problems if i copy paste the game wil it still work?

Smile Re:

n ok ty i will try

Quote Originally Posted by enochianscholar View Post
    my desktop has windows xp and laptop has windows 7 so will it give any problems if i copy paste the game wil it still work?
    If I remember correctly, I believe that Win XP and Win 7 store DDO's application data in different locations; so I'd be uncomfortable with recommending a copy-paste to move the missing DDO files over to the other system.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk