Default Looting Guild Renown

When hitting the command 'Loot All' in a chest, I have noticed that it prioritizes looting Guild Trophies the least. This is very annoying to me, as sometimes my inventory will become filled with the items from the chest... but the trophy will still be in the chest. I feel that either Guild Trophies should not occupy an inventory slot or they should be prioritized first when hitting 'Loot All'.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Since when does guild renown occupy a space in the backpack?

I have only ever seen it once and it was a one time glitch I encountered.

If you are having backpack storage issues.................. just make sure you click on the trophy first , maybe?
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    Since when does guild renown occupy a space in the backpack?

I have only ever seen it once and it was a one time glitch I encountered.

If you are having backpack storage issues.................. just make sure you click on the trophy first , maybe?
    They do not literally occupy a space in the backpack, but you need to have an empty slot in order to loot one.

As for clicking the trophy first, I do, but sometimes I forget and I feel that it is only logical to make Guild Trophies be the first thing to be looted when hitting 'Loot All'
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Basically Loon,

1. You acquire it.
    2. It grants guild renown.
    3. It destroys itself.

All in the span of 1 tenth of a second or so.

At one point there was an issue with challenges(If I recall correctly) when you got the item, but the 1st time acquire code for it didn't trip. I had a heroic deeds in my bag for 3 straight weeks before I threw it out due to space, and wanting to pick up one that worked, heh.

All that said: OP is spot on. Its not suppose to cost space, that's just a side effect of the easiest way to handle it. Perhaps a better solution would be to simply auto-award renown when one opens the chest to check thier loot. Turbien could probably hook into the X many monster kills in quest is worth 5 renown code and use that with a % chance(I'd guess the existing in chest renown is something like a 15% +5 or 10% per difficulty level) for renown upon open and a weighted roll for value. I.E. 1d12: 1-6 = heroic deeds, 7-9 = tales or valor, 10 & 11 = impressive trophy, 12 = legendary victory.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

it just should work like gold/money works, you click it and it gets added to the pool, even crafting ingriedients go directly to bag without needing space in inventory. but renown needs free space in inventory just to appear there for less than second, i see it as a bug that needs to be fixed..........

....... especialy that im a hoarder and run with full bag most of time :P and destroying my precious loot just to pick up renown is painful...
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    it just should work like gold/money works, you click it and it gets added to the pool, even crafting ingriedients go directly to bag without needing space in inventory. but renown needs free space in inventory just to appear there for less than second, i see it as a bug that needs to be fixed..........

....... especialy that im a hoarder and run with full bag most of time :P and destroying my precious loot just to pick up renown is painful...
    Yes, it should work like that. Even according to Turbine it should work like that. Having to have an empty inventory space to loot renown is a bug and it should already have been fixed. Unfortunately, the fix didn't work.
    Incidentally, one must also have an empty inventory space to receive renown from killing monsters.

Since this is a bug, be sure to bug report it.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default guild reknown

The OP is correct. I agree with as well, that guild reknown trophies should NOT require in inventory space to loot, because they do not require one to store, since they are instantly used on acquirement. It's not the most horrible bug in DDO, however it is annoying sometimes.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

In the past I'm sure a dev has said they'd like to have guild renown sigils work like gold, but I'm sure because they are just re-used level sigils [which sat in inventory till used] it's a legacy of their old coding.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue