Default In The Flesh and summonned Beholders.

(I did a quick search on this issue and didn't see anything, so figured I may as well post. My apologies if it's already been mentioned and I'm just really slow.)

To those with Shards of Xoriat: avoid summonning beholders during the fashion show battle toward the end of In The Flesh. Otherwise they might turn one of the Taken into stone, and the next wave of Taken won't come out until it becomes un-petrified. If you're especially lucky, the beholder will charm or dominate the same Taken as well and, since Taken don't have very good saves, you'll be waiting a freaking long time for the fight to continue X(
    Playing on Khyber, in guild Simple: now lvl 67!
    Main character: Naxius
    Support changes to armor kits! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=356387

Luckily, you can still kill monsters the xoriat beholder has petrified or charmed. Don't be fooled into thinking you have to wait for the effect to fade.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Pale Master, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Radiant Servant, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    Luckily, you can still kill monsters the xoriat beholder has petrified or charmed. Don't be fooled into thinking you have to wait for the effect to fade.
    Not always true, sometimes it can effect one of the taken before its fully active (as far as a player is concerned). They are untargetable and undamagable at this point. Normally half way through bug reporting it when it releases..I will get one completed at some point
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

wouldn't be surprised if various AOE effects corrected this problem, such as wail of the banshee (can kill mobs before they fully spawn) or break enchantment (to remove the effects preventing it from activating).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    wouldn't be surprised if various AOE effects corrected this problem, such as wail of the banshee (can kill mobs before they fully spawn) or break enchantment (to remove the effects preventing it from activating).
    I was about to ask about Break Enchantment. Doesn't it remove charm from mobs?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I was about to ask about Break Enchantment. Doesn't it remove charm from mobs?
    No.

Break enchantment will not remove enemy detrimental effects, nor ally beneficial effects...EXCEPT for those which are tied not to the individual but rather to an area of effect spell (which WILL be dispelled).

Examples of effects killed by Break Enchantment (due to being Area effects rather than target creature) are:

Otto's sphere of dancing
    Ice Storm
    Clouds/Fogs
    Sleet Storm
    Grease

Of special note are symbols. A symbol can be killed by break enchantment but if it's already triggered, any one affected by it will stay affected for full duration (such as symbol of stunning, symbol of pain, or symbol of persuasion) but the symbol will disappear and not be able to hit anyone else.

So you can toss break enchantment all day long and never break a charmed monster free. You can however use it to release a charmed ally, to remove tendon slice from self or allies, or to clear a very large number of detrimental effects from yourself or allies. It's a very useful spell. It's a shame more people don't actively use it.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Pale Master, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Radiant Servant, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.