Community Member

Default scroll/wand casting help

I'm running a heal and CC specced spellsinger, lvl 17, and would like to contribute more DPS to my party. I think that casting damage from scrolls and wands is the way to go since I have a standing UMD of 42. But I've never played an Arcane or Divine and have no idea what scrolls/wands are the best.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I dont think you could improve party dps with damage dealing scrolls. The best way to contribute party as a spellsinger is to keep everyone buffed, alive and have your songs dmg and attack bonuses maxxed out. Scrolls are great and with 42 UMD you can help your party with GHs, raise dead, Heals, artificer buffs etc.
    The thing about arcane damage dealing spells is that they often require high DC to be effective and metamagics like maximize, empower, highten. Plus (unless you are an artificer) your caster level on scrolls is 11 i think.
    Khyber - Cobryn, Calvyr, Panrry, Metroplex, Rakosniczek

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonko_the_sane View Post
    I'm running a heal and CC specced spellsinger, lvl 17, and would like to contribute more DPS to my party. I think that casting damage from scrolls and wands is the way to go since I have a standing UMD of 42. But I've never played an Arcane or Divine and have no idea what scrolls/wands are the best.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    In my opinion, the most useful scrolls would be (heal scroll, reconstruct, fireshield,divine power, globe of invulnerability,disentagrate "for random occasions", rssurection scrolls,dimension door scrolls, ray of enfeebling, ray of exhaustion,prayer.

damage scrolls are hard to tell because sometimes it is effective and sometimes it is not.

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

Like others have said damage from wands isn't that great, but if your melee damage is next to nothing I guess some damage is better then none. You'll probabaly go thru a lot of wands tho is that's your only type of damage.