Default Rage and Radiant Servant

I would like for Clerics to be able to activate Radiant Servant abilities while raged.

Allow us to turn on our Healing Aura and allow us to use our Healing Bursts while raged and/or madstoned.

To me, Radiant Servant is a melee focused Cleric and it allows us to smack things around while healing our Melee buddies.

Many people complain that melees are abused and etc...anyway, indirectly, making Clerics more fun to play will create more "healers" for those melees and help them (melee) be more viable.

Many times on my WF Arcane, I rather just solo because a fleshy melee (side note, I take WF melees since I can/will reconstruct them) will just slow me down. But if I can get a Cleric and a Melee to join...it is awesome.

Summary...
    Make Clerics more fun to play and you will have more Clerics...
    More Clerics=good thing
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Radiant Servant is not a melee PrE. The PrE you're looking for is *similar* is the Warpriest.

Radiant Servant is a healing PrE.

As far as using the bursts/aura while raged or madstoned, I have to say /not signed.

Toggle your aura, then rage. If your aura is worth keeping up, your Rage is of a shorter duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Habreno View Post
    Radiant Servant is not a melee PrE. The PrE you're looking for is *similar* is the Warpriest.

Radiant Servant is a healing PrE.

As far as using the bursts/aura while raged or madstoned, I have to say /not signed.

Toggle your aura, then rage. If your aura is worth keeping up, your Rage is of a shorter duration.
    This pretty much sums anything I was going to say.

/signed.

This would work if you could always control WHEN you get Raged. Case in point: Skellie Mages in Madstone Crater (which I've recently had a LOT of experience with.) INCREDIBLY annoying when you get Raged and can do pretty much exactly nothing to heal yourself or anyone in your party (much less cast CC or offensive spells). And much to my dismay, I also recently discovered the hidden "feature" of Madstone Boots. Sigh. I was SO looking forward to running around with an upgraded set of those
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Even if the aura and burst are very nice Melee HoT and Burst Healing I think the Rage limitation on spell ans sla is there to balance the thing, so I would not sign this.

There are other ways (other than rage) to make a viable Warpriest using Radiant Servant perk.
    Sarlona : The Quebeckers - Soloing, Duoing or Small Group in french
    Thelanis : Sofa Kings - Yes, we are that cool

Remember how messed up Madstone boots almost became when somebody asked to be able to do something while raged?

/not signed.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

The burst is the equivalent of a prayer/spell casting in which you are releasing healing energies. If you are not focused you could burn yourself out. (basing this on the 3nd Pool of Radiance novel: Pool of Twilight I think it was)
    http://www.amazon.com/Pool-Radiance-.../dp/B001ELTPO6

rage prevents such castings.

/not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    /signed.

This would work if you could always control WHEN you get Raged. Case in point: Skellie Mages in Madstone Crater (which I've recently had a LOT of experience with.) INCREDIBLY annoying when you get Raged and can do pretty much exactly nothing to heal yourself or anyone in your party (much less cast CC or offensive spells). And much to my dismay, I also recently discovered the hidden "feature" of Madstone Boots. Sigh. I was SO looking forward to running around with an upgraded set of those
    If the party is dependent on you for survival for a time under 2 minutes, then you shouldn't be positioning yourself such as to be incapable of preforming your duties.

Case in point exactly. Stay out of the way in that quest. It's not hard to do.

Nearly had an LoB wipe last night- two divines, I got flung in the water when I got caught in a bad spot and he went whirlwind. DI hit, jumped to heal, didn't have heal land in time, I died. Because we're running in such a way where we absolutely MUST have two divines up, we had Death Pact on. This alone saved my butt, and probably the raid. I had my self-resurrection (which bypasses the resurrection timer, as it's technically cast when you're not on timer for it) and that got me up. Instant full heal and back to killing his butt.

If you so much as blink sometimes, you're dead and half the party. When that happens, why on earth would you want to be the other divine, raged with no recompense?
    Last edited by Habreno; 04-24-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    Remember how messed up Madstone boots almost became when somebody asked to be able to do something while raged?

/not signed.
    Madstone is already messed up, in that Madstone boots are not exclusively melee toon gear, but unreasonably impair casters. Its time to stop pandering to all the people playing starter toons. Fix Madstone boots.

This kind of anti-caster bias is why there are a shortage of casters available to heal you in game.

/signed

If you so much as blink sometimes, you're dead and half the party. When that happens, why on earth would you want to be the other divine, raged with no recompense?
    Cleric 6+/barb 1+. Why? barb faster running. If you have a split like... 6/14, barb past life and self healing while fighting.

What I'd wonder... could you go WF, bladesworn which blocks spells and go rage also?
    Can you burst while bladesworn?

If the party is dependent on you for survival for a time under 2 minutes, then you shouldn't be positioning yourself such as to be incapable of preforming your duties.

Case in point exactly. Stay out of the way in that quest. It's not hard to do.
    Not my duty to nanny people. If you can not keep yourself alive for 2 minutes....you did something wrong.

If I *could* do healing aura and healing burst while raged and madstoned...I could "perform my duty".

Though, honestly, I would not rage or madstone up while in a raid.

BTW many other turn-based job abilities do work while raged or madstone. I completely understand the "no casting spells" aspect. But Radiant Servant abilities do not use spell points...therefore they are job abilities (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    BTW many other turn-based job abilities do work while raged or madstone. I completely understand the "no casting spells" aspect. But Radiant Servant abilities do not use spell points...therefore they are job abilities (in my opinion).
    spell like abilities fall under most of the same rules as spell casting.

And answer. You trigger the aura then you rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    spell like abilities fall under most of the same rules as spell casting.

And answer. You trigger the aura then you rage.
    Yeah, was planning the whole trigger aura thingy and then rage.

But, maybe if I train to learn how to Healing Burst near a guild ship/vendor I can then use while raged (like curse pots)?

My other thinking...SLA's tend to cost SP (even if just 1). Job Abilities (Death Frenzy or Power Surge or Unyielding Sovereignty or Lay on Hands) you can use while madstoned or raged.

I am sure its not oversight that prevents Radiant Servant "thingies" from working. I just wish it was different.

I do find it funny though all the people saying "Dunt swing a wepon...hjeal me!"

if you could trigger aura and bursts while raged, think of all the battle clerics you'd have. *chuckles* realized that when RS first came out.

I have a flavor build frenzied shamen, It is a really clicky intensive build. Always clicking something. Cleric 12/barb6/2fighter. Buncha heal amp gear to make my aura greater. It works. It is fun. It can self heal . Can throw all the main buffs needed for almost all content. Most of the time i am frenzying . Can cast well frenzied and get the extra viscious damage that is offset with my aura. Only really use my actual rages when coast is clear and i know i wont have to do to much intense healing.

Only real problem with this is the fact my aura does not last long. Rages last longer then aura does. so that can kinda leaves me in a bad position sometimes. As far as what my "duty" is in groups. It is simple , I kill stuff with a big axe or falchion. Occasionally save a teammate from death and go about my merry way..

It is a touchy subject. Being able to use aura and bursts well raged may make builds like these really insane. As is they are usually a click fest , but once you master your clicky fingers you realize how crazy the build can be. The aura and burst may make it extremely overpowered well leveling. Not so much in end game but from 14-20 it could get outta hand , creating a almost indestructible respectable dps melee who can self heal in the blink of a eye well adding healing and crucial buffs to the party.

On the other hand it would only really be overpowered if you compared it to another melee. Compare it to a caster based toon and it still is far behind.

Will sign onto this idea for the heck of it. Would make a few niche builds more fun to play. And it is all about fun for me, so bring it on, Let us rage , madstone and use our prestige abilities for a bit. If it is to much they can nerf it later on

/Signed
    Born to play, Forced to work !