Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot View Post
    Oh letting us know is great. The fact that they change The rules and not fairly and equally is the Issue..
    Sleeps
    Can you please list the unfairness? Specifically relating to this thread?
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

Default Another reason to laugh

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Oh, another bug? What a surprise....

And ANOTHER messaging bug?

What. A. Surprise.

So, how many bugs are gonna be in the expansion?

Can we be sure to have this much fun, where you destroy something integral like guild chat?

Will you delete everything in our banks, because there is some sort of messaging error, but you want to keep the broken code in place?

Guild chat is not destroyed. You can strill use it in fact my guild still does and there is no reral issue. Hey though if tears keep falling we will get a new river in the game.
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

Quote Originally Posted by Elation View Post
    Posts like these crack me up. If you are that awesome go fix it. Here is thing you won't.
    And exactly how are any of us supposed to fix these? We don't have access to the source code. We don't have access to the design specs or the tech specs.

What we do know is the following:

1. In the spec, someone decided that the Guild Message of the Day was of so little use to the players that taking it away for 6 weeks was considered a good idea.
    2. The traditional functionality of the GMOTD is that it displays to the person logging in on log in. For this event, they've done the reverse -> It displays to everyone BUT the user who logs in. Now this may have been caught in test, but it was obviously not serious enough to trigger a no go.

https://careers.timewarner.com/1033/...gentID=9113504

Here ya go they are hiring...
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    And exactly how are any of us supposed to fix these? We don't have access to the source code. We don't have access to the design specs or the tech specs.

What we do know is the following:

1. In the spec, someone decided that the Guild Message of the Day was of so little use to the players that taking it away for 6 weeks was considered a good idea.
    2. The traditional functionality of the GMOTD is that it displays to the person logging in on log in. For this event, they've done the reverse -> It displays to everyone BUT the user who logs in. Now this may have been caught in test, but it was obviously not serious enough to trigger a no go.

Quick question (rhetorical).

When was the last time Turbine updated the game without buggering up a major component of the game??

It's almost a running joke now, everytime there is an update/patch you guys have "broken" something; bags being bound, being able to trade BTA items w/ bags, Guild chat spam, Crystal cove, reflagging Von series, MA raid being closed, etc etc. C'mon now Turbine for once please get an update right.

I think I understand the situation here...

If I have an existing toon and TR him while the event is underway, I get the large guild bounties for that TR at LVLs 8, 12, 16 and 20.

But if I purchase a character slot from the DDO store and create an entirely new character, I don't qualify?

(tapping fingers on desk)
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    You'd be out of a job if you consistently let code like this get out the door on my watch. This isn't a hard to reproduce oddity in an engine, this is a lack of understanding of how the customer interacts with your software.

This would be similar to Microsoft shipping Excel with a Buy Microsoft Office event that overwrote all cells in a just opened spreadsheet with "BUY MICROSOFT OFFICE!!" and then saved it.
    I feel the same about Nasa. They had 15 failures before they finally got the moonlanding right. That'd have happened under my watch I fired the lot of them. They only got beat in complete incompetence by the Russians (which I'd have fired too, of course). It's like me putting together sixteen bicycles and only one of them does not fall apart.

There is a little bit of a difference between Excel and an MMORPG. There is also a difference with one cell (ie: MOTD) not working correctly and all cells being overwritten. Similar how there is a difference between putting together a bike and a spacecraft.

It's an embarrassing bug, it looks awful and is annoying as hell and even I complained about it over at one of the other threads. However, the example here doesn't work. The more accurate comparison would be Microsoft releasing a version of (or update to) Windows that is not entirely safe and bug-free. Not even that is perfectly accurate since Microsoft Office is not the same in complexity by a longshot and they have they take the easy way out of producing a new product every other year instead of updating the current version of Windows over six years.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Earlier I posted about how someone TRd after the even start, was getting the RETURNING message on Day 1 then started being counted as non-returning on day2 (and got small bounties at his levels)

Well today, a returning account that had been gone for FIVE YEARS suddenly went from being a 'returning' account to a non-returning account

Are we making this bug a feature too? Some even name changes are due:

Build Your Guild -> TR Your Guild -> TR Your Guild Before We Randomly Remove The Bonus From Your Characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunst View Post
    so i buy a greater renown elixer, making the most of it.

I take level 8... and no bounties.

btw, everytime i log in:
    "(Guild): Aussircaex has logged on. This character is eligible for Large Bounty rewards when they hit milestones as they level up as part of the Build your Guild event. Help them out!"
    i feel your pain, tunst, i did read that guild message too when my TRd guildie logged on.
    and while i perfectly understood that a TR is neither new, nor a returning player, that guild login message was misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It sounds like there may be a messaging bug where an ineligible character is displaying that they are eligible for large bounties, when they are not.
    [...]
    Simply TR'ing an actively-being-played character should not give you a new or returning player designation. If it is, that would be in error. If it is displaying this message to the guild, but not giving you the additional benefits when leveling, then it looks like it's a display issue only.
    yup, a mere display issue. too bad about that renown pot he bought because of the display...

Community Member

Sleepsalot...you can post that info til you are blue in the face....it won't do any good. People can read and see what you are SUPPOSED to be getting...but when it advertises in guild otherwise or people are getting different results than what is SUPPOSED to be happening...then you are going to here complaining.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234