Default Looking for a good caster docent

So, going through my gear recently, and I've discovered that basically, my docent slot it open, and I'm looking to find a docent that isn't just "there".

The build: a Lvl 28 Wiz/Rogue evasion DC caster, (Necro Specc'd, but not a PM) with minors in Elemental Fire/Ice. currently using a random vendor trash guard docent with blue augment slot.

I was using a Docent of the Shadows Lvl 24 from Mabar up until a while back when I found a Necro +4 DC stick. Most if not all of the named docents at best are 70% redundant effects. Even the new Shadowscale docent from Thunderholme is 80% redundant at tier 2, and doesn't seem worth the work to make (I got to play with one on Lammania, The sticks are good effects, Docents not so much). I even thought about dusting off my DT docent, but those effects are mostly outdated now, and a lack of an augment slot basically seals the deal against. I've seen a couple epic docents, that were "nice" but not really that nice to try and farm the shard/seal/scroll for.

The one that I'm leaning towards atm, and I could possibly put together today is a Flawless Blue Scale Docent, to tier 2. At tier 3, it has some decent attributes, that are at least useful to me. But before I invest in it, I'm just curious if there is a Docent out there that would be considered similar but better than a Flawless Blue Scale Docent?
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

For a DC caster you want the thunderforged docent with the shadow caster upgrade, I can't understand how a +1 to DCs would be redundant, ghostly is pretty useful as well as 2 slots.
    Last edited by Alternative; 08-24-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    For a DC caster you want the thunderforged docent with the shadow caster upgrade, I can't understand how a +1 to DCs would be redundant, ghostly is pretty useful as well as 2 slots.

Ghostly is on the Mabar Cloak.
    Fort is already over 200%
    Deathblock again Mabar Cloak
    Shadowphase: that's a meh to me.
    and the +11 again Meh.

The 10-60 Neg energy guard damage is ok, but with so many things being immune to or heal by neg energy...

My DC's are such ATM things rarely save vs.: Admittedly that was one of the few things made me consider it, but if that extra DC was really needed, I'd swap a feat.
    2 slots vs 1 slot yes the green slot would be nice, but is not critical.

So my point of view: +1 DC's, 1 green Augment slot, and a fairly weak guard is all that I'd really gain from the Shadowscale. For the amount of work to put into it, I'd rather put the CoV into the sticks. (might put the docent on the "list" but it is definitely very low on the list)

Just making sure there isn't any Docents I'm missing.

This won't solve your problem, but regarding your second post: If your DC is so high that you don't even have to worry about it then maybe you should try a higher difficulty setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    This won't solve your problem, but regarding your second post: If your DC is so high that you don't even have to worry about it then maybe you should try a higher difficulty setting.
    You have something higher than EE? I don't run everything on EE all the time, but the implication that I only run EN in your reply is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    You have something higher than EE? I don't run everything on EE all the time, but the implication that I only run EN in your reply is not true.
    Your Wiz/Rog, without Lich form, using a trashloot docent and trashloot stick, instakills everything in EE 95% of the time without debuffs? Or maybe you do debuff but your SP is so uber that you never run out?
    Why do I think you're lying?!?

And answering your question: Yes, there is something higher than EE, it's called "Higher Level EE"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    Ghostly is on the Mabar Cloak.
    Fort is already over 200%
    Deathblock again Mabar Cloak
    Shadowphase: that's a meh to me.
    and the +11 again Meh.
    My suggestion: Use the shadow scale docent. If you are a necro specced wizard then you want to pump it up as high as possible. And unless you have around an 80 necro dc then you should probably take that dc. I have a 75 insta kill dc and it is not enough for the hard ee's. Also get rid of the mabar cloak and get something better, that gets rid of most the redundancy. That shadow phase clicky is actually pretty good too. You can cast/open things with it active, by that I mean that you can open a lever or a chest near 10 mobs and they won't see you, you can do whatever you want and they won't see you. Shadowphase also allows you to pass through mobs which can be handy if you gather mobs or get trapped in a group of mobs. Slotting it also means you can get rid of the fort in the other spot is slotted.

+1 dc, free cloak slot, and can remove fort in another spot. Seems better to me then a trash docent.