Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Great

New quests.... new wilderness.... new Dragons..... Epic destinies..... well..... GREAT!!!!

Community Member

Thanks for the information.

So one of the future quests is an instant classic... Why do I have a hunch there's a bit of an evil smirk there?

Yes, thanks for the upgrade to Three Barrel Cove loot, again. While tinkering with the 3BC loot, could you raise the Wilderness level cap of level 8 so it matches Elite Old Grey Garl, which is level 9? Actually, there's a couple of Wilderness areas like that where the wilderness areas caps a level below the highest level quest on elite, such as Tangleroots and Sorrowdusk.

I've been curious about what exactly Epic Destinies will be, so I'm looking forward to the upcoming information on it.

I'm also curious to see what the Devs have done with our input about the Challenges, especially since I've been rather negative about the existing ones. I really hope that these new ones will be something that I'll enjoy, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

As for the new dragons, does that mean that there will be new dragon scales that drop? New dragon scale armor? New Epic dragon scales? New Epic dragon scale armor?

Thanks for taking our feedback about the AC.

I like Robin's Eggs more than Timbits.

Let the flame wars begin!

For those that don't know
    Timbits
    Robin's Eggs

Thanks MF,

You Tease!!!

On a serious note, This sort of communication from devs and QA is what we, the forum/vet user love. Taking into account our feedback and possible fixes for game issues, helps us to help you.

p.s. Can we get some info on epic destinies right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Very soon.............ish.™

Durrty McGurty | Forellan Windblade | Lunarii Hellion

O M N I P R E S E N C E

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Hello, I have 2 questions :

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Our new 'wilderness' environments really look awesome and I was happy to see that they showed well in the video.
    Is it possible to implement wilderness into current DDO wilderness areas, too ?
    Does the engine or what ever is responsible for it allow that ?

Because a "living, breathing wilderness" is something I'd like to see in the current DDO game as well; everything looks a bit too empty, imho, apart from the enemies, of course.

Wait, that's not exactly true; it's the first challenge to include one of our NEW dragons.
    The dragon from the last event - was that one of them ? I noticed that it looked, much, much more detailed (read : more polygons, for example) than all of the dragons I have seen before ! The dragon looked very much more realistic, then. I found it very cool (albeit a little bit big ).

It would be great if the current dragons could be replaced by the new model(s), too; this would be imho a great shift towards better graphic quality !
    However, since everyone is already used to these dragons of now I'm not sure if DDO would lose some sort of "iconic look" by replacing these dragons. I really don't know since I'm still so relatively new to the game.

Community Member MichaelKindrhead's Avatar

Thumbs up

just want to say kudos for this thread Mad, I for one truly appreciate the info you and the other devs provide.

Community Member MichaelKindrhead's Avatar

Talking

[QUOTE=MsEricka;4416839]I like Robin's Eggs more than Timbits.

mmmmmmmmm donut holes..... <droooooolllll> ..... i really used to love robins but in the last decade or so they have all but disappeared in my area and the ones that are left are not worth going to lol

Thumbs up

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Thanks for the shared news, have a great week-end yourself!
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

DISCLAIMER: There's no real point to this 'official' thread, it's just random spew. If I pass on a 'bit' of info that you find informative that's great. If I'm being a blatent tease or a bore, well... I guess you'll know to skip these in the future (assuming I do more )

Have a great weekend everyone.
    (Guild): The Build Your Guild event is currently active! Be sure to help new and returning players level up and earn extra renown for your guild! See DDO.com for details on this event.

Hey Mad, thanks for posting these tidbits. Have a great weekend yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Typical east coast centric attitude

'Nucks aren't out of it yet!
    They will be soon, go Kings, go!
    Jackknife / Nerft Powers / Born Again Pagan / Threechords / Midnyght Rambler
    Quantum Entropy

DISCLAIMER: There's no real point to this 'official' thread, it's just random spew. If I pass on a 'bit' of info that you find informative that's great. If I'm being a blatent tease or a bore, well... I guess you'll know to skip these in the future (assuming I do more )
    Who doesn't like a hot tease now and then? I mean, besides my wife?
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by bhgiant View Post
    This wouldn't happen to be a see-how-many-you-can-kill survival challenge ending in a glorious battle against a green dragon would it??

*pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes...*
    Sorry, this dragon is red.
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

I for one will be interested to see how you handle dragon scales and challenges.

Maybe a sliding scale - CR 5 under max party level drops scales only 1% of the time, 5 over max party level drops them 30% of the time, and some balance in between (with CR 15-20 dropping new 'regular' red scales and 21-30 dropping flawless)?

Just make sure that if you need to make new types of challenge chests to facilitate this ('Chest from a Red Dragon Hoard') that they cannot be put in character banks...
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

oh... well then... I'll cancel the party then
    /sarcasm off

I will definitely be buying these challenges JUST so I can face off with the dragon. I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Too early to tell I'm sure, but i'm interested to know what you were able to distill from the AC thread? What's your take on what was said, and more importantly, does it have any sync with what's being planned? IS anything in planning yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I take this as an indirect proof that the dragon from the event was indeed "a glimpse into the future".

If so, then I'm really looking forward to it ! This dragon looked really great !

I'm dying to talk about Epic Destinies, but I need to wait until a new 'roundtable' dev diary gets published first. Hopefully that'll be soon because (in my humble opinion) it's the most exciting feature in the XPack.
    Okay, it's Monday. leak something please.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    . leak something please.
    Eeewwww....
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

I'm dying to talk about Epic Destinies, but I need to wait until a new 'roundtable' dev diary gets published first. Hopefully that'll be soon because (in my humble opinion) it's the most exciting feature in the XPack.
    Nearly 2 weeks later ... and... *crickets* ...

I appreciate that you're all busy and all, but if you keep dangling a carrot in-front of me, sooner or later I'm gonna bite the hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    Nearly 2 weeks later ... and... *crickets* ...

I appreciate that you're all busy and all, but if you keep dangling a carrot in-front of me, sooner or later I'm gonna bite the hand.
    < puts carrot away for safety's sake >
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast