Default Druid Speculation Thread :)

Hmmm...I was thinking about it today...

It's only a couple of months away and we don't really have much info on the druid I can't wait till we start getting the lo-down but I thought I would start this up for fun.

What do you think will be some of the PRE's or special feats that will open up when Druid becomes available in June

I, for one, am really really REALLY hoping that there is a Shifter Pre that focuses on shape-changing. Shifter in PnP was an incredibly fun and versatile prestige class that let druids change into shapes other than animal and elemental. (ie, Monstrous Humanoids, Magical beasts, and eventually even undead and constructs). This would be awesome if it were brought into DDO Only time will tell though lol

Also, I wonder if the feat that allows you to cast spells in animal form will become available. I don't remember the name of it, but that would be pretty wicked and open up the versatility even more

Just a few thoughts.
    Sylvursoul - Half-Elven Favored Soul of the 22nd Circle
    Gharris Sylvurwolf - Half-Elven Druid of the 20th Season
    Sylvurbeard - Scruffy-looking Dwarven Fighter of 21 Seasons

The shifter PrC, or Master of Many Forms in 3.5e, probably won't be one based on what they've told us about wildshape so far. The feat you are thinking of is Natural Spell, which I also don't see making it in, because you can cast spells while wildshaped with how they are setting it up, just that some spells get locked out based on form, and others get better.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

I agree that Master of Many Forms probably won't make the cut. On a personal note, I'm greatly looking forward to making my gimp-tastic Melee Druid.

As for the topic at hand: If I had to guess, I'd say that the PrE's will be based on the different Form types: Wolf, Bear, and Elemental. All forms will be available, but the PrE's will synergize with one form over others. Maybe pluses to Trip DCs and attack speed if you choose the 'One Man Wolfpack' PrE, pluses to Intimidate and innate DR for the 'Not-so-gentle Ben' PrE, and reduced SP cost for the 'Oh my god, I'm on fire!' PrE.

Obviously the above is just speculation, but that's the name of the game, right?
    Last edited by Expalphalog; 04-20-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typo
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

moved east beside the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

any info if the Druid will be either Charisma, Wisdom or Intel based??
    Mystic Mountain DragonRiders
    pushing cart along marketplace shouting; " Fling out yer dead.. "

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidBear View Post
    any info if the Druid will be either Charisma, Wisdom or Intel based??
    Druid's spell casting is based on wisdom.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Wisdom, and since they don't turn undead...charisma is a dump stat.

Stay vertical !
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    Wisdom, and since they don't turn undead...charisma is a dump stat.
    Unless of course you want to have a high UMD (the single most useful skill in the game), in which case you might not want to make Charisma your "dump stat"
    RTFM on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    Unless of course you want to have a high UMD (the single most useful skill in the game), in which case you might not want to make Charisma your "dump stat"
    well, that goes without saying :-P
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it