Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: PVP Poll

  1. #21
    The Hatchery Aurora1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackyLigar View Post
    edit: more snarky at any rate

    :P
    no not snarky at all. The poll wont have any value and the results are going to be so off they will just show false info.

    These are the 3 things the op says he wants to find out....

    a. how many people actualy pvp in any way.
    b. do people want it or not or dont care
    c. what types of memberships are participating in the survey

    A. Won't be able to tell, it will only show how many people, on the forums, who saw this either in PVP area or caught it on new posts, and who could be bothered to vote, felt. That leaves out a huge number of people who dont go on the forums, leaving out the ones that do but didnt see this thread for a min.

    Without knowing what % of gamers use the forum we cant even try to equate the results.

    B. See above.

    C this one actually will show. Assuming that people only vote once (see my last post). Thats it though, he might as well have done a poll on "what type of account do you have"
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

  2. #22
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,689

    Default

    You are going to end up with very skewed data because the only people who are going to bother taking that poll are the people who feel strongly one way or another. You'll be missing out on the 90% or more of DDO that doesn't care about PvP enough to bother with taking a poll.

  3. #23
    Community Member herzkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    didn't do the poll. i try not to follow links to other sites.

    Answers:
    I don't do pvp.
    Premium.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)


  4. #24
    Hero DanteEnFuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Last House on the Left
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    I'm not a pvp'er, but not a hater either. The only time I've used it was to learn more about the impact points for blade barrier. That said, how about a 4th question regarding whether or not Devs should spend any time on it at all.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post
    no not snarky at all. The poll wont have any value and the results are going to be so off they will just show false info.

    These are the 3 things the op says he wants to find out....

    a. how many people actualy pvp in any way.
    b. do people want it or not or dont care
    c. what types of memberships are participating in the survey

    A. Won't be able to tell, it will only show how many people, on the forums, who saw this either in PVP area or caught it on new posts, and who could be bothered to vote, felt. That leaves out a huge number of people who dont go on the forums, leaving out the ones that do but didnt see this thread for a min.

    Without knowing what % of gamers use the forum we cant even try to equate the results.

    B. See above.

    C this one actually will show. Assuming that people only vote once (see my last post). Thats it though, he might as well have done a poll on "what type of account do you have"
    all you points have already been addressed. B. see above on page one :P

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    I'm not a pvp'er, but not a hater either. The only time I've used it was to learn more about the impact points for blade barrier. That said, how about a 4th question regarding whether or not Devs should spend any time on it at all.
    i dont think it was meant to be a vote

  7. #27
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Yes I am aware of everyones concerns re data validity. I'm not a statistician. I'm just interested to see how the numbers stackup.

    All comments are welcome.

    The one thing I have gotten from the survey so far is that the pvp discussion inflames people's moods.

    The numbers will be posted in about a week. I'll let individuals determine what they mean.

    Meanwhile have fun either killing mobs or each other as you please.

  8. #28
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post
    Without knowing what % of gamers use the forum we cant even try to equate the results.
    /taps sig.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  9. #29
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    /taps sig.
    i see what u did. nice sig.

  10. #30
    The Hatchery Aurora1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    i see what u did. nice sig.
    Yea, we are just discussing this.

    I was aware of that figure from the Dev. Its still not enough.

    If the % on the forums is less the 5%, and the number for players in the whole game are 100,000 then the differance could be 1-5000 people.

    Add into that the fact that we don't know how many people play the game, could be 10,000 could be 300,000 and the numbers become very vague.

    Its only about wording, which might make me overly picky but if the OP was looking for % of people who answered X or Y that would be fine but taking the answers he gets then trying to guess how that translates to a % of the whole games population is just going to result in alot of guessed numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    531

    Default

    wasn't there a discussion about a discussion that was already discussed?

  12. #32
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default The results

    Results for: pvp in ddo
    1) do you pvp in ddo
    yes. 46 (23.5%)
    no. 150 (76.5%)
    2) do you want pvp in ddo
    yes 52 (26.5%)
    no. 121 (61.7%)
    don't care 23 (11.7%)
    3) what type of member are you
    vip 59 (30.1%)
    premium. 131 (66.8%)
    f2p. 6 (3.1%)

    The one thing it does tell me is that a percentage of players who pay in some way would like to see the pvp area expanded on.

    Let's see what you all. Reckon.

    Cheers.

    Fin*

    Hunters of Wayfinder

    Btw I personally don't pvp or really what to encounter it. I don't mind the noise in the pits as it adds atmosphere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload