Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    Yeah, it's a Build the Number of Active Accounts event for Turbine execs. I imagine they have set a goal for "active accounts" to indicate "significant growth."

Hmm, padding the nubers, showing new accounts, growth, strong player base, and oh, look! New point bundles on the heels of a huge points sale and a "packed with incentives" promo on the expansion! Hey, we've made it look like we have strong sales, lots of new players, and tons of pre-sold expansion units.

Good time to put the shop up for sale?

Would explain why they don't seem to give a flip about our pleas to end the spam in guild chat. They are just looking to squeeze anything they can out of what's left. Who cares if you actually end up driving players away, just keep them on the books until it's not your problem anymore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GimpyPaw View Post
    Hmm, padding the nubers, showing new accounts, growth, strong player base, and oh, look! New point bundles on the heels of a huge points sale and a "packed with incentives" promo on the expansion! Hey, we've made it look like we have strong sales, lots of new players, and tons of pre-sold expansion units.

Good time to put the shop up for sale?

Would explain why they don't seem to give a flip about our pleas to end the spam in guild chat. They are just looking to squeeze anything they can out of what's left. Who cares if you actually end up driving players away, just keep them on the books until it's not your problem anymore.
    Yeah, it could be that or it could be that they are very busy on the expansion pak and don't feel like spamming a guild channel that can be turned off is something that breaks the game for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Lets say a new account gets his char to lvl8 and gets the Large Bountys there.

If he creates another toon on same account and lvls it to lvl8(from lvl1), does that toon also get the Large Bountys?

Community Member

just a heads up... intended or not, the +20% guild renown currently going does NOT add 20% to the Bounties...

I had honestly expected it to, and was pretty disappointed when I saw the numbers pop up from my 2 large bounties... but after reading the fine print i guess it does not mention promotional increases applying

Large Bounties will award 25,000 Guild Renown and five Astral Diamonds, and Small Bounties will award 2,500 Guild Renown. All Bounties are subject to guild size bonuses, and are affected by Guild Renown Elixirs.
    grim

ok, i'm sure that many others have already asked this but i didn't got it, so how exactly we get the individual reward?

i would like to understand how does this works, so if i got it right, every guild will get an individual reward right?
    and a guild (per server?) will get the guild reward, is it right?

Is the Large bounty for hitting lvl 8 not working for returning players and more??

I have had a few guildies log on today and they no longer get the:

This character is eligible for Large Bounty rewards when they hit milestones as they level up as part of the Build your Guild event. Help them out!

but they did a few days ago....very odd.

Anyone else seeing this?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeast1985 View Post
    ok, i'm sure that many others have already asked this but i didn't got it, so how exactly we get the individual reward?

i would like to understand how does this works, so if i got it right, every guild will get an individual reward right?
    and a guild (per server?) will get the guild reward, is it right?
    Individuals and guilds are randomly selected from a pool of actively-playing people at random times of the day and week. One guild is selected game-wide once per week, and one individual is selected once per day.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomalon View Post
    Is the Large bounty for hitting lvl 8 not working for returning players and more??

I have had a few guildies log on today and they no longer get the:

This character is eligible for Large Bounty rewards when they hit milestones as they level up as part of the Build your Guild event. Help them out!

but they did a few days ago....very odd.

Anyone else seeing this?
    I have seen this on both TRs as well as Returning members.

TR: TR'd morning of event, got the eligible message. Suddenly lost the message on day two and received small bounties...

Returning: Away from the game for 5 or so years. Back and receiving 'eligible' message. Suddenly loses message and gets small bounties...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Individuals and guilds are randomly selected from a pool of actively-playing people at random times of the day and week. One guild is selected game-wide once per week, and one individual is selected once per day.
    So larger guilds have a better chance of winning?

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Seems so. Makes sence of cource.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

The Build Your Guild event is currently active! Be sure to help new and returning players level up and earn extra renown for your guild! See DDO.com for details on this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    I have seen this on both TRs as well as Returning members.

TR: TR'd morning of event, got the eligible message. Suddenly lost the message on day two and received small bounties...

Returning: Away from the game for 5 or so years. Back and receiving 'eligible' message. Suddenly loses message and gets small bounties...
    Yep thats the same thing we are seeing. I dont think they have the coding right for TRs and returning player.

Angry (Guild): The Build Your Guild event is currently active! Be sure to help new and retu

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Large guilds are in fact loosing.

We have people not logging on and moving to other games because "(Guild): The Build Your Guild event is currently active! Be sure to help new and returning players level up and earn extra renown for your guild! See DDO.com for details on this event." just spams the heck outta guild chat... people are scrambling to set up user channels and mess with Skype and scheduling game events on our facebook site...

The "(Guild): The Build Your Guild event is currently active! Be sure to help new and returning players level up and earn extra renown for your guild! See DDO.com for details on this event." spam forces large guild to tab out of the game, more or less ruining the mood for old schoolers like me who like to roleplay and learn the game rather than wiki cheats...

"(Guild): The Build Your Guild event is currently active! Be sure to help new and returning players level up and earn extra renown for your guild! See DDO.com for details on this event." See how hard this spam makes it to follow one post. My guild has 100 accounts, I'm sure this is frustrating to other large guilds, let's say 5x100 accounts per server ='s 500x6server ='s 3000 accounts... Good customer service would dictate if that many people are frustrated over something like the "(Guild): The Build Your Guild event is currently active! Be sure to help new and returning players level up and earn extra renown for your guild! See DDO.com for details on this event. message, then something would be done about it...

(Guild): The Build Your Guild event is currently active! Be sure to help new and returning players level up and earn extra renown for your guild! See DDO.com for details on this event. Ha! great idea, poor results

Quote Originally Posted by grgurius View Post
    One question, is there any way to turn off the announcment in guild chat. Currently it spams it anytime character logs, and its getting slightly annoying.
    +1

11 days and counting

Arrow Food for Thought

Love full guild events. However, with the already overfilled guild-chat lists (even filtered) I cant seem to EVER see what my guildies are talking about. Well, none of us can. When we are actively adventuring the Guild renown "spamming" the guild channel leaves not much else to see... It would be nice if I could filter out all the "kill" renown from the guild channel. Also, not sure you need to advertise this every couple minutes in our guild channel too. Once on login is PLENTY!

~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Well, turbine obviously doesn't give a rats behind about their players opinions, and they have totally destroyed guild chat in favor of some stupid 9 week event.

I do not understand WHY you do not just turn this GARBAGE off for 2 weeks until you fix it, and then restart it.

We can't talk in guild chat.

We can't coordinate.

We can't announce planned guild raids, you stole our message of the day.

Your own event is so confusing, no one understands it.

According to some, it's not even working.

SO. How About. Turning it off?

For 2 weeks. And try to fix the bugs? Then you can restart your stupid 9 week event.

Is this what the expansion is going to be like?

17,000 people telling you 'you did bad' and turbine saying 'suck it up, buttercup'?

What a nice kick in the face.

Thank you turbine; I had to create a guild website this week, which we will now have to use instead of your stupid, garbage system that you broke.

And on this website, I will create an account named "Turbine", and I will reward it negative 1000 cool points.

Just for show.

Thanks for ruining guild chat, turbine. Like you hadn't already destroyed guilds years ago - way to throw the extra nails into the coffin.

Thanks.
    I have to say that this is how i am feeling as well. I mean in a guild with 50+ people in, including alts, this gets annoying beyond any words that i can say without using bad language I see responses to those that are confused on the wording but yet those of us that like the idea but HATE how it is actually running and spamming are totally ignored. So now i have to contend with Guild Chat spam and so many more issues that i will not go into here Devs PLEASE for the love of all the XP fix the spamming.

**Edited below**

I will be the first to apologize to those that had to scroll and or read through the complaints of the guild chat spamming seems that in the latest update notes that the spam has been fried and eaten as the notes say that it is to the character and one time as well as the message of the day for the guilds are back but will log in and see hopefully this will stop the constant blue in general that was on my toon that forced me ignore chat in general....guess i am going to have to redo the guild tab
    Last edited by AmiSouthpaw; 05-02-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    Uh... Cordy? What is this Skyliner they speak of? Is it a special reward-only ship or did you mean a Stormglory Typhoon, which is the currently available level 85 airship?
    I have no idea what you're talking about, that typo never happened. But if it had, it'd now be fixed.
    That typo has been sleeping in my web browser, and that typo is still there! I even forced a refresh of the page.

From the Build Your Guild webpage on May 2nd: "*** We will also be awarding one lucky guild a level 85 Stormglory Skyliner Airship at the end of the event!***"

With the current system, if you want to build your guild.. park your capped toons and roll up alt accounts
    Build your guild is geared towards new accounts and reviving long dead accounts.

Does nothing for regular players on capped toons running high end quests.

Personally, I want to see more appreciation for loyal existing players that have stuck it out instead of enticing back and rewarding those that move like the tides, quit and go off to play other games.

Would like to see High end/Epic quests drop Bounties instead of heroic deeds.. better rewards for harder difficulty quests...
    I ran korthos on a level 2 toon and got 3 legendary victories along with a lot of other renown drops. Ran a MA on my capped toon and got a heroic deeds on the end reward list.. thats it.. a heroic deeds for the entire clear/quest /(
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Week 4's prizes have been announced! Visit our page at DDO.com/buildyourguild to see it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Talking Guild chat's fixed!

Props and thanks! So nice to be able to chat with guildies and schedule events. Have a great weekend everyone! CST250 <-- store code to coupon for free friendship bracelet!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast