Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

To qualify for the Bounty when hitting lvl 8, does the character need to be created now?

Community Member

To qualify for the large bounty the ACCOUNT has to be created now, after the event started and before the event ends, and you have to level that character to level 8 before the event ends, and no veteran allowed.

Start making those new accounts now!

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Its great news to hear.
    I like playing with guildies and if it will help my guild lvl up, Ill do it more often.
    It might open guilds for new players, and bring us some fresh blood.
    It might help large guilds a bit, but for smaller ones it might be a great boost.

But I have some questions....
    As far as I know Turbine allows multiaccounts.
    Does it mean that we can create new account, join our guilds,
    lvl up to 8 then get astral diamonds and renown as reward (and do it multiple times)?
    Is there any restrictions?
    Will that kind of behavior be banned?
    Or it will just hurt our guild renown for decays?

'Don't go it alone!' is a typo right?
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

Those large bounties for leveling, etc. .. Do you have to create the toon during the event (I have a level one I made a while back)? Do TRs count? I'm curious cuz I've been gone approximately 90 days and was about to return, do they start if I log in now? ..
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

I can't seem to find the answer to this so to be clear:

Player 1 has characters a,b,c and d in guild. D gets played daily, a and b haven't been played in months.

If he levels a and b up level 8, does that qualify for the bounty or is he considered an active "account" for bounty purposes?

(The information specifies both player and character so I'm not clear on whether it's a per player/account bonus or a per character bonus.)
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    (The information specifies both player and character so I'm not clear on whether it's a per player/account bonus or a per character bonus.)
    I'm wondering this, too, the announcement says:

returning players are players whose character has not logged in for the past sixty days prior to the start of the event.
    So do those disaster build or bank toon slots that have not logged in prior to the *start* count as returning?

And they'd be *returning* through 6/14?

Wow, you mean I logged on 5 days too early and won't get the bonuses for being a returning player?

Though I was already in a guild, so I suppose it doesn't matter either way.
    Last edited by Sirea; 04-19-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Quote Originally Posted by GauArrowny View Post
    I may have missed something but how do you win the prizes?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will be randomly selecting winners who are logged in and actively playing the game throughout the duration of the event! This can happen at any time as well, so time zones are not an issue here.
    Maybe put that kind of information in the initial 'press' releases?
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Modulex View Post
    To qualify for the Bounty when hitting lvl 8, does the character need to be created now?
    Yes, or have not been active for the last 60 days. But I'm not 100% sure the difference in a character not active for 60 days or an account not active for 60 days.

Do we really have to endure 9 weeks of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Claransa View Post
    Do we really have to endure 9 weeks of this?
    No you get to endure 9 weeks, + 4 afterwards as the bonuses get turned off and your guild [now with axtra guild decay' looses all the bonuses you made due to non-playing 'new' or returning players

Quote Originally Posted by grgurius View Post
    One question, is there any way to turn off the announcment in guild chat. Currently it spams it anytime character logs, and its getting slightly annoying.
    I have to agree. I'm in a large guild, and this notice is spamming constantly with all the logins. Could this announcement maybe be controlled a bit? I can't even really chat with guildies because our messages to each other are getting buried by the multiple announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    No you get to endure 9 weeks, + 4 afterwards as the bonuses get turned off and your guild [now with axtra guild decay' looses all the bonuses you made due to non-playing 'new' or returning players
    Thanks for the info, but my guild won't be participating in this event. All our returning players came back weeks ago when they first learned about the expansion and we're busy TRing. With all due respect this was a stupid idea in the first place and you can put me down as not a fan. You Devs can bring the cove back to make it up to me.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Update on the guild message overload: we're working on a change to reduce the clutter, pruning the messages to be shorter and to not fire off so often. The soonest we can get the fix in will be in patch 2 in a week or two. We apologize for the inconvenience. Work arounds until the fix goes in include:
    - Disabling guild chat or moving it to its own tab temporarily (obviously not the most fun or ideal one )
    - Setting up a custom chat channel for your guild. You can do this by typing /joinchannel somename

All one word on those channel names, and password can be set by adding a password after the name. (example /joinchannel PirateNoms p455w0rd)

We're looking into the guild Message of the Day issue as well. Note that you can still see your guild message of the day in the social panel (O) in the guild tab at any time even if it doesn't pop up in the guild chat.

Saw some confusion around what activities are going on for existing players...
    • To win the daily/weekly guild prizes you don't have to be a "new" player, you just have to be online. Winners are notified in game via in-game mail, and winning guilds will see a broadcast when a guild has been picked (winning guilds only happen 1 per week).
    • You get bonuses to XP and loot for grouping with new guildies even if you are not a "new" player yourself.
    • Even if you have no "new" players in your guild and are not new yourself, you still earn renown bounties for leveling yourself up. So if you have friends who already came back, you still want to help each other level too if you're interested in renown for your guild.

And yes, there will be pirates again soon. Messages will go out once it's cove time. Nothing says spring like pirates.

Community Member

You turned it on without a server reboot or hotpatch.

Why not turn it off, until you work out the bugs?

2 weeks of unusable guild chat, awesome. you rule.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Update on the guild message overload: we're working on a change to reduce the clutter, pruning the messages to be shorter and to not fire off so often.
    Don't prune, shorten, or reduce the number of fires: get out of guild chat period. How about using General?

I usually don't chime in on stuff like this, but is the event really awesome enough to warrant making a hash of guild chat for two weeks? Personally I don't think so. I would happily see the event postponed until the messages can be moved to a loading screen or the launcher.
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by juajuara View Post
    Don't prune, shorten, or reduce the number of fires: get out of guild chat period. How about using General?
    Or how about World Event so after seeing it 100 times we can turn it off.

cancel this dumb event
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast