Community Member

Default Adding a Friend / My DDO interpolation

Just wanted to put this out there...

Wouldn't it be nice if when you add a friend you add the user account of the character that is being played at the moment? (of course provided that toon is public)
    Typically it's rather had to find people you add online; Most likely (true for low levels) they are online with other toons who you probably didn't know of, or bothered adding as friends... Sure, if you go and do you research on my.ddo.com you can maybe figure it all out, but most player profiles are actually Anonymous as far as I can tell...

On that note, wouldn't it be nice if the interface was update to allow pulling up the myDDO page of that toon?
    Maybe adding a simple myDDO globe button right next to the magnifying glass in the selection orb to allow viewing their info... Am I the only lazy one who doesn't like typing non-spellable names?

Just curious if anyone else would agree that these are sort of needed functions which aren't available yet...

Interesting idea.

I'd rather see /squelch account first.
    There is no free lunch.

Have a look on DDOViewer.
    It wont do exactly what you are asking but maybe it will help you a bit.
    (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=351295)
    Creator of DDOViewer

Community Member

I like it, seems to work fine, although it doesn't exactly have anything to do with seeing when friends are online on other toons...

I have some questions regarding this program that I'll send you a PM about

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    Interesting idea.

I'd rather see /squelch account first.
    I'm seriously against this. If someone you meet over several toons is so bad you'll quickly pick up on it and be able to squelch each successive toon as you do.

I've had several experiences where either I've had a bad day or someone else has and a squelch has taken place only to meet up again another day (unknowingly) and made a good friend only to find it's the same person from before. A toon swap has taken place for another quest and we've realized who we were and quickly reversed the squelch and get on like a bonfire.

A bit like in Batman Returns when Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer realise they're really Batman and Cat-woman. Funny moment which couldn't have happened if they'd squelched each-others' accounts.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

What I'd really like, is for a friends name to show up in a different color in the /lfm window. Heck, do the same for guildies in most of the grouping interface as well. there are some large guilds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    Just wanted to put this out there...

Wouldn't it be nice if when you add a friend you add the user account of the character that is being played at the moment? (of course provided that toon is public)
    Typically it's rather had to find people you add online; Most likely (true for low levels) they are online with other toons who you probably didn't know of, or bothered adding as friends... Sure, if you go and do you research on my.ddo.com you can maybe figure it all out, but most player profiles are actually Anonymous as far as I can tell...

On that note, wouldn't it be nice if the interface was update to allow pulling up the myDDO page of that toon?
    Maybe adding a simple myDDO globe button right next to the magnifying glass in the selection orb to allow viewing their info... Am I the only lazy one who doesn't like typing non-spellable names?

Just curious if anyone else would agree that these are sort of needed functions which aren't available yet...
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.