Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeps I have bought as low as 95pp per got about 1,000 that time but sold those for 250 each lol to a friend I said offer he did I took but I also did tell him before I took the cash how much I paid he didn't care..
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    180pp? WOW, that is a really nice price and I do agree with the PITA part but I bet the UI change/makeover Turbine mentioned will give us something to help that.

The differences are not too bad. You are seeing a bigger difference because alignment restricted loot that is randomly generated gets minus two to the min level. The cannith crafting doesn't have this perk, but can benefit from master craftmanhip for minus two min level.

Quote Originally Posted by andreascott89 View Post
    The differences are not too bad. You are seeing a bigger difference because alignment restricted loot that is randomly generated gets minus two to the min level. The cannith crafting doesn't have this perk, but can benefit from master craftmanhip for minus two min level.
    Had those Handwraps of mine been race restricted they would have been ML10 which is 9 levels of a difference. That is just beyond madness.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot View Post
    loL I have a whole 3 House C favor from running some Challenges get a group together and start doing those. I have only done 3-5 and solo with Hires makes it hard..
    Sleeps
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm sayin! The mark is extremly difficult to get! I have no idea how to get to 50 favor without waiting until my guy hits level 25 and then solloing all the quests up to elite. Thats how I got favor with everyone else: just wnet back and did all the level 2-3 quests up to elite. Doesn't work so well with House C
    Actually "soloing" some of the challenges with a hireling is far easier than running them in a full group because of the crazy double-scaling. Coupled with the fact that in most cases you can get more mats when running with a lower-level char there really is no reason not to run them and stack up some house C favor early on.

If your toon is somewhat self-sufficient then you can park a hireling to defend the "home base" of lava caves/palace while you run torches (Flare is especially good for this, but most divine hirelings can buy you enough time to get back and polish off the incoming). The Kobold island challenges are rather trivial at low level because the turrets' damage when solo is enough to 2-3 shot the enemies. In a full party the guns are virtually useless and not worth the shards. Mansion is hard to 5-star solo due to smaller enemy spawns leading to a lack of crests, but you should be able to get 2-3 stars once you get the hang of it.

Having said that, it is highly unlikely you will be able to amass 50 favor before your toon gets to at least lvl 16 or so. At lvl 18 you should be able to run the flagging quests on at least normal, and you can also run the epic challenges (in a group that contains at least one capped toon), so getting the 50 favor is quite easy at that point.

Getting 150 favor to unlock Artificer is not so easy.

I have several +6 stat items with a minimum lvl of 9, also Heavy Fort ml 7, Greater False Life ml7 ... That's great gear for my TRs and new alts since you can craft BTA items.

Quote Originally Posted by bruener View Post
    I have a couple guildies that spend an enormous amount to time dragging and clicking. When I ask them "hey can u make me a x or y" they tell me they are not high enough yet.
    Unbound crafting recipes have a higher lvl than the bound ones.
    http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/

I crafted +5 Holy Burst Handwraps of Greater Lawful outsider Bane for my monk but I can't do it for other people unless something happens again, if you know what I mean.

Community Member

that doesn't apply to nonweapons, I have several +6 stats bound to account with ML 9

there are some things that can't be crafted

like in all games, some of the best gear can be obtained by crafting, some by static rewards and some by random generation

a game where all the best gear can be obtained only by crafting would be a badly designed game

But aside from making a few bits of twink-gear and some useful weapons for myself, I just can't figure out how Turbine was intending for players to use it.

Either we're all expected to be crafters(which means essences/supplies do not drop NEARLY often enough) or they need to lower the level-gulf on unbound shards! Between the level-gulf and the increased material requirements I feel like I'm being punished for being the guild crafter!
    I don't craft myself.

I have tons of Cannith-crafted twink gear of all ML for leveling toons.

I have few Cannith-crafted items on my capped toons, either as a final solution or until I have the epic items to substitute them.

Infant

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by garlor View Post
    a game where all the best gear can be obtained only by crafting would be a badly designed game
    +1

Otherwise, what's your real problem? Weapons have worse min levels, other items have better. Guess what, most of the time you're soon quite fine with a few named weapons but being able to customize prefix/suffx to get skill/stat/saves/... boosts on all the rest is extremely powerfull. At lower levels you won't really notice it if your weapon is a little bit better, to few hits required to kill so the excess amounts of damage (last blow, killing crits) and dice variance have a huge impact.
    Deconstruct trash loot to gain essences and xp, collect material/guild gem/bta base items and become powerfull.

The Shard of Masterful Craftsmanship I is a really great concept, in theory, but at least on my server its basically rock-useless.

They are so rare they go for about 200-250k in the Auction House(typically more than a weapon you'd make is worth) and in order to buy them you need House Cannith Favor... from doing raids and high-level quests. My character is only level 14, he basically can't do anything by himself in House Cannith, so my favor sits at 0. And 200TP for one? Again not worth it, although thanks to the recent sales I do have about 9k stocked up. Thing is, a 2-level level drop really isn't worth spending real money IMO. Now, if they ever make a Shard of Masterful Craftsmanship II and you can bring the ML down by 4 levels, then I'd actually find some uses for it!
    1) you can buy the shards with TP directly - which means you can make things for your characters right now. Masterful shards make BTC/BTA items so you aren't making items for others anyway, only yourself.

2) The challenges give you Cannith faction, you can do challenges from level 4 upwards and get 5 faction per challenge if you 5 star it. Challenges are much easier at low levels than high levels. 5 starring 10 challenges will give you 50 faction, then you can buy as many marks as you want.

3) A 2 level drop is massive on the right shard. +6 stats @ level 9. +13 skills @ level 7. 10% Alacrity on a trinket @ level 3. (since you can have it on 100% of the time that's going to produce more DPS than a haste spell since a lot of time you won't be hasted)
    Last edited by Dendrix; 04-18-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    10% Alacrity on a trinket @ level 3. (since you can have it on 100% of the time that's going to produce more DPS than a haste spell since a lot of time you won't be hasted)
    Melee alacrity is normally ML3. With masterful it's ML1.

Best shard in the game for melee, IMO.

My minimum level 3 Superior Potency 4 ring would like to have a word with you about minimum levels. I can also make account-bound ML 9 +6 stat items and Resist 30 rings.

As someone has said Pure Good (also other 1d6 alignment effects like True Chaos) are +2 potential. Initially this was because random lootgen items had an alignment (or UMD 20) requirement and crafted did not, but crafted items do now have that requirement too.

Go with Righteousness instead of Pure Good (they are of pretty similar power levels anyway) and you have an alternative that isn't such a high ML.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    As someone has said Pure Good (also other 1d6 alignment effects like True Chaos) are +2 potential. Initially this was because random lootgen items had an alignment (or UMD 20) requirement and crafted did not, but crafted items do now have that requirement too.
    That was never the reason for pure good being +2, otherwise true law and true chaos would also be +2 shards. They both have always been +1 shards.

I personally believe pure good was given +2 potential simply because it's so good. (heh.) True law/chaos only hit at best two-thirds of mobs, and bleeding doesn't work against undead, constructs or elementals. By contrast, pure good hits just about every mob in the game with the only exceptions being some mobs in a literal handful (<5) of quests.

Righteousness is a solid alternative, essentially being half of pure good damage but with an extra +2 to hit. Unlike pure good it doesn't hurt neutral mobs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    That was never the reason for pure good being +2, otherwise true law and true chaos would also be +2 shards. They both have always been +1 shards.

I personally believe pure good was given +2 potential simply because it's so good. (heh.) True law/chaos only hit at best two-thirds of mobs, and bleeding doesn't work against undead, constructs or elementals. By contrast, pure good hits just about every mob in the game with the only exceptions being some mobs in a literal handful (<5) of quests.

Righteousness is a solid alternative, essentially being half of pure good damage but with an extra +2 to hit. Unlike pure good it doesn't hurt neutral mobs, though.
    bleed does work against elementals, very well I might add.

my monk twink gear pack includes a pair of true law of bleed wraps to be used before my banishing of bleeds can be used, before my banishing of greater elemental banes can be strapped on
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    bleed does work against elementals, very well I might add.
    Good to know, thanks much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12