Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red face Big Rock Candy the Mountain (H-Elf Stalwart Defender 20)

The mean green sweet-toothed fighting machine is back. The concept for The Original Robot RockCandy the Mountain was always to reliably fill the tanking role while maintaining as much personal DPS and autonomy as possible.

in the big rock candy mountains, all the cops have wooden legs,
    and the bulldogs all have rubber teeth, and the hens lay soft boiled eggs.
    The farmers trees are full of fruit, and the barns are full of hay,
    Well I'm bound to go where there ain't no snow,
    where the rain don't flow and the wind don't blow,
    in the big rock candy mountains.
    ... In other words ... make raids so easy you'll cry.

EASY ON THE HEALERS
    • 260% healing amplification
    • 958 hit points
    • 25% damage reduction (improved shield mastery)
    • 6 passive DR from stalwart defender
    • 100+ armor class
    • Nofail intimidate, 2 intimidate timers
    • Loads of hate... shouldn't lose aggro
    • Could lesser reincarnate for evasion if desired

THE NEW ROCKCANDY

Below is probably one of the archetypal Stalwart Defender builds on DDO. Maybe it is new for you, or maybe it's something you've seen before. I will try to explain things so that players new to tanking can learn how to become one of the elite tanks. If you're considering tanking, consider other options that might fit your needs. A monk-based tank works extremely well, especially in epic. Many of our guildies currently tank with MonkTank builds, and we wanted variety in case the game changes. A build similar to the one below but splashing /2 rogue or /2 monk would achieve the same purposes and only lose a few armor class and the capstone. We ultimately chose pure fighter because the extra feat, full plate use, and capstone felt thematically likely to survive the test of time. The original RockCandy used a rogue splash to nofail heal scroll itself, but half elves can take cleric dilletante and have access to that without splitting. Even with the monk dilletante instead of cleric, your silver flame pots can heal you for 650 each.

RACE: Half Elf

Humans have the Deneith Dragonmarks that can get more intimidate and unlock the potential on one of the best one-handed DPS weapons on DDO, Epic Chimera's Fang. Dwarves have got dwarven axe damage, cheaper armor mastery, better saves and hit points. Yet it's hard for tanks to overlook the additional intimidate timer available for half-elves, or the native heal scroll usage or healing amplification options. Our eyes are on the horizon for any boosts to dwarves that would push them ahead for tanking purposes, but for now, we're going with half elf.

ALIGNMENT: doesn't matter

STATS

Here are the stats as I did them for Fantazmal, so they including her tomes and 36 point build. Adjust downard if you don't have tomes or reincarnations. The only minimum stat requirement is 13 INT and 13 WIS to qualify for Combat Expertise and monk/cleric dilletante respectively. Some fighters will take Paladin dilletante for increased saves, but I believe this is wasteful.

STR (48) 16 Base + 3 Inherent + 6 Enchantment + 3 Profane + 3 Exceptional + 6 Stance + 5 Level + 2 Boat + 2 Fighter Strength + 2 yugoloth
    DEX (32) 15 Base + 4 Inherent + 6 Enchantment + 1 Exceptional + 2 Boat +2 yugo + 2 alchemical
    CON (40) 16 Base + 3 Inherent + 7 Enchantment + 3 Exceptional + 6 Stance + 2 Boat + 1 Racial + 2 Yugoloth
    INT (12) 10 Base + 3 Inherent - 1 Baphomet
    WIS (20) 09 Base + 4 Inherent + 6 Enchentment + 2 Boat - 1 Baphomet
    CHA (28) 13 Base + 3 Inherent + 7 Enchantment + 1 Exceptional + 2 Boat + 2 yugoloth

FEATS
    1 past life: barbarian
    1 half elf dilletant: cleric or monk
    3 past life: fighter
    6 past life: paladin
    9 power attack
    12 improved shield mastery
    15 toughness
    18 toughness or skill focus: intimidate or past life: rogue

1 two handed fighting
    2 dodge
    4 mobility
    6 shield mastery
    8 improved critical: slashing
    10 improved sunder
    12 improved two handed fighting
    14 greater two handed fighting
    16 combat expertise
    18 exotic weapon proficiency: bastard sword
    20 improved shield bash

SKILLS
    Doesn't matter what level you take your skills. You need
    • Enough in Tumble to use full plate and tower shield (very important)
    • Max Intimidate
    • Max UMD (so you can use shield wands and other buffs)
    • 10 ranks in Jump (jump is the best skill in DDO)
    • Remainder in Balance (so you can get back up

ARMOR CLASS BREAKDOWN

Can I use all of this dexterity? Here's how you figure out how much dexterity you can benefit from in all this heavy armor.

11 max dex bonus in red dragonplate
    2 Red dragonplate
    2 Stalwart defender 2
    2 Greater nimbleness green slot
    3 Enhancement fighter armor mastery III
    2 Mobility
    1 Fighter Past Life feat
    11 max dex bonus in alchemical tower shield
    2 alchemical tower shield
    3 stalwart defender
    3 tower shield mastery III
    2 Mobility
    1 Fighter Past life feat
    Self-buffed AC
    10 Base
    01 Dodge feat
    05 Combat Expertise Feat
    10 Dexterity Modifier
    03 Stalwart Enhancements
    04 Stalwart III Stance
    16 Armor bonus red dragonplate
    01 Alchemical Armor Ritual
    05 Protection
    04 Insight (Heightened Awareness IV alchemical shield or weapon)
    02 Dodge Goggles
    03 Dodge Bracers of Wind
    01 Dodge Bracers
    02 Stalwart Defender Tower Set
    11 Alchemical Tower Shield
    01 Alchemical Shield Ritual
    03 Abishai set
    04 Natural armor wisdom yugoloth potion
    01 Haste
    03 Airship
    90 AC
    Raid Buffed
    01 Ranger Barkskin
    04 Bard Song
    02 Recitation
    01 Artificer
    99 AC (100 AC using Templar's Bulwark)
    05 Blocking
    104-105 typical raid ac if actively blocking
    117 Screenshot or it didn't happen AC: Stars aligned with Siberys Paladin, Favored Soul, and Fighter Armor Class Boost (this is pointless)

HIT POINTS
    20 Heroic Durability
    10 Draconic favor
    200 Fighter 20
    10 past life barbarian
    20 past life barbarian feat
    44 Toughness feat 2x
    30 Fighter toughness III
    30 Racial toughness III
    30 Greater False Life
    20 Toughness item
    20 Large Guild Augment
    45 Greensteel
    300 +15 constitution modifier
    20 Yugoloth potion
    20% Stalwart Defender
    958 HP
    INTIMIDATE
    23 ranks
    6 greensteel
    2 barbarian past life
    2 fighter past life
    2 400 coin lord favor
    1 spider cult mask
    2 bard song
    4 intimidate IV enhancement
    6 stalwart defender
    5 gloves of the claw
    15 intimidate item
    2 luck
    13 charisma stat modifier
    83 Intimidate (nofail for current endgame)

Future proof: Want to increase your intimidate even more? Consider the feats Skill focus Intimidate (+3) or Bullheaded (+2). Epic Brawn's Spirits adds another +5. A Cannith crafted large guild augment shield can be slotted with another +4 that will stack with everything. Finally, increasing charisma by getting a +7 item, +2 exceptional, more starting CHA, or investing action points will get you even higher. Close to 100 Intim is theoretically possible, but I have stopped with 83 because that is the mark to intimidate both Epic Lord of Blades and Epic Lailat.

How to do it. It might take some practice, but first understand how intimidate works. You make a roll that is added to your skill, and that is compared with the monsters around you to see if you succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DDO Wiki
    A successful use of the intimidate skill sets your threat with a monster equal to the highest threat opponent, plus a small buffer based on your size-modified intimidate skill. Additionally, you gain a +50% threat multiplier to all attacks (melee, ranged, and spells) for 6 seconds after successful intimidation. If you have a shield equipped, you will instead gain a +100% threat multiplier for 12 seconds. These effects are applied as a buff to the character and are called Intimidating Presence and Intimidating Presence (Shield), respectively. Note that some rare monsters do not follow the normal threat mechanics.
    So don't be afraid to let your allies whack on the raid boss, because you will benefit by grabbing their aggro the next time you hit intimidate. Better to risk letting aggro turn for one moment than make the raid take all night. If you're new to tanking, half elf is especially awesome because it gives you a back up for figuring this out.

Is my intimidate going to be enough? The DDO Wiki contains intimidate thresholds for most DDO raid bosses on most difficulties. Example: Lailat
    POSSIBLE GEAR EXAMPLE

Armor class tanking gear, sword and board
    Good in Elite Vision of Destruction, Elite Tower of Despair, N-E Lord of Blades, N-E Master Artificer, and other non-epics

Weapons: Epic Templar's Justice, Alchemical Bastard Sword, Holy burst <metal> Bastard Sword of Greater x Bane
    Shield+7 Alchemical tower shield. Air/air/air (Air shock guard, Heightened Awareness 4, Air guard, Alchemical Dexterity +2, Doublestrike 6%, Superior Lightning Resistance, colorless: 6 wis) or Epic templar's bulwark tower shield (1 more ac)
    Armor: Epic Red Dragonplate (blue: Greter Nimbleness, colorless: +1 str)
    Bracers: Bracers of wind (LV 16 version: 3 dodge, air guard, blurry, craftable: +1 dodge)
    Goggles: large guild augment (+2 dodge, 20 HP) (Greensteel 6 cha skills swap)
    Helm:Epic Helm of frost (7 cha, yellow: Greater False Life)
    Neck: Stalwart necklace
    Trinket: Epic Gem of many facets (yellow)
    Cloak: Envenomed cloak (7 con, 5 resist, blue: Toughness)
    Belt: Greensteel Mineral II (45 HP, heavy fort, protection 5)
    Gloves: Epic Gloves of the claw (30% healing amplification, 5 intimidate)
    Boots: Epic Boots of corrosion (green: 2 luck, colorless: 6 dex)
    Ring: Stalwart ring (20% healing amplification)
    Ring: Epic Ring of baphomet (15 intimidate, +2 con, +2 str, yellow: 1 cha)
    Epic Hate/Intimidate Tanking (no AC needed)

Armor: Epic Red Dragonplate (blue: Greter Nimbleness, colorless: 1 str)
    Bracers: Epic Bracers of the Claw (+2 con)
    Goggles: Greensteel Lit II (+6 cha skills)
    Neck: Stalwart necklace/Shintao Cord
    Trinket: Epic Brawn's Spirits (green: +1 cha)
    Cloak: Envenomed cloak (7 con, 5 resist, green: Toughness)
    Belt: Greensteel Mineral II (45 HP, heavy fort, protection 5)
    Ring: Stalwart ring (20% healing amplification) or Kyoshu's Ring (20% healing amplification)
    Ring: Large Guild Augment HP Ring or Ring of the Stalker
    DPS equipment
    Weapon: Epic Sword of Shadow, Alchemical Falcion (earth/air/air), Greensteel Pos/Pos/Pos Maul
    Armor: Epic Red Dragonplate (blue: greter nimbleness, colorless: 1 str)
    Bracers: Epic Bracers of the Claw (+2 con)
    Goggles: Tharne's goggles
    Necklace: Shintao Cord
    Trinket: Litany of the dead or Bold Trinket
    Cloak: Envenomed cloak (7 con, 5 resist, green: Toughness)
    Belt: Greensteel Mineral II (45 HP, heavy fortification, protection 5)
    RingEpic Ring of the Stalker (6 seeker, sneak attack)
    Ring: Kyoshu's Ring (20% healing amplification)
    ENHANCEMENTS
    Action points are extremely tight, but work. If you're not going to use an alchemical tower shield, you can save a lot of AP by dropping some of the tower shield mastery and using Epic Templar's Bulwark or a Cannith Crafted Large Guild Augment Mithral Tower Shield.

Fighter Armor Class Boost III
    Fighter Item Defense II
    Fighter Armor Mastery III
    Fighter Tower Shield Mastery III
    Fighter Stalwart Defender III
    Fighter Haste Boost I
    Fighter Weapon Alacrity
    Human Adaptability Constitutionn I
    Fighter Strength II
    Human Improved Recovery II
    Half-Elf Improved Recovery II
    Improved Intimidate IV
    Racial Toughness III
    Fighter Toughness III
    LEVELING
    CLERIC DILLETANTE! Cure wands, heal scrolls, (mass) protection from elements scrolls, resist wands, true seeing, raise dead, resurrection, summon monster, mass circle against evil, there's a lake of stew and a whisky too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe. Spec to monk later if you really want to be a great tank, but if you're playing it as a more versatile character, it's totally okay to keep cleric dilletante and save your sanity.

Now, you need 13 WIS to take either cleric or monk dilletante, and you might not have it at level 1. Instead, take another dilletante like Favored Soul to give you wand use, and feat change to cleric once your tomes apply. So if you're using a +2 tome, you can start with 11 WIS and then switch the feat after level 7.

I always level as a Kensei DPS character with moderate armor class and re-spec at levels 18-20 into stalwart defender. There's just nothing to tank when you're running through the lower levels. Remember that as a Kensei, you would need to take weapon focus/weapon specialization feats instead. If you're strapped for cash both in game (dragonshards) or out of game (lesser reincarnation), don't worry about it.

BUT I'M A NOOB: tomes, reincarnations, epic gear
    Hey, don't worry! A good tank is the kind of character that can grow over time. Make sure that you can reach the basic stat requirements for the feats you need (13 wis, 13 INT, including tomes), and just go from there. Some people starting out throw out armor class and take a lot of toughness feats instead, so that they can still tank, be healed easily, and start farming some of that armor class gear. After all, if you're making a tank, you're probably running some raids, so the gear will come in time. As for reincarnations, most of these feats are optional, and you can substitute intimidate-boosting feats, tactical feats (stunning blow/improved sunder), and toughnesses. I have seen every raid in this game smoothly tanked by 32 point builds. If you've always wanted to bring your play to the next level, a tank might be a good way of helping your guild run more raids and epics.
    Last edited by Anthios888; 04-30-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Default Evasion Variant

The rogue splash was one of the things I really liked about the original RockCandy tank. Evasion Variant coming soon for those who want to keep with the spirit or make something leaning more toward tanking and less toward DPS.

(... but basically just splash /2 monk or /2 rogue, use Epic Rakshasa Hide, and go go go)

18 fighter/2 monk (1 more toughness feat, saves, 27 more HP than pure)
    18 fighter/2 rogue (rogue damage boost I, sneak attack damage, UMD, lockpicking, 36 fewer HP than pure)
    20 fighter (more AC, 10% doublestrike capstone, flaming burst weapons benefit of wearing Red Armor)

Lots of DPS lost for general situations, but maybe worth it. We'll see how things go and try lessering into these at some point, especially if the current armor class proves to be overkill. Rakshasa Hide is a great item and would free up a lot of action points because it has such a high max dex bonus.
    Last edited by Anthios888; 04-19-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index

Community Member

Coming soon for me to TR my WF build of this so this is timely. I was having fun on him right up until Artis came out then I've been playing on them for a while and working on 3k favor with my PM. (By the way I almost want to sponsor a fund for you to get artificer so I can see your builds in that class!!)

I've enjoyed evasion immensely so it may be tough to part with. If I kept a 2 splash of rogue which dilettante would I go with? I'd have UMD so no need for cleric because I can pop off scrolls anyways. Would Barb make sense and you could get extra toughness and DR?

If I went with monk would I need to change to a robe user and get some Icy Raiments or something to get the AC bonus from WIS like my Exploiter build ranger? Or is AC not the focus here and more just getting evasion and toughness (which you could get through a Barb dilettante). Evasion is a wash since both get evasion and saves. If that's the case I'm not sure what advantage a monk splash would have over a rogue.

So if I TR a 1st life WF version what would my feat and stat setup look like. I imagine I get a could more since I don't have as many past lives. I was a kopesh build, but I always knew I'd TR this build at some point since I haven't really enjoyed WF as much so I haven't spent a ton of time/money on docents and GS kopeshes though I have the mats so I could utilize them for a GS BS. That being said I'll probably try Helf per your suggestion here.

Sorry to hit you with so many questions on the heels of you releasing this. I'm just excited to see it!!!

If there's anyway to get monk-dilly that extra 20% healing amp is even more wonderful.

With an Epic Brawn's you can dump CHR and still get the Intim to do this, moving some build points to WIS.

Great build for every raid in the modern game.

EDIT: Can you break down the 260% healing amplification? I wasn't able to decipher from the gear listed.
    Last edited by Monkey-Boy; 04-19-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Community Member

Good point. Sorry I missed that. So it seems that 2 rogue splash with monk Dilettante would give you evasion, saves, healing amp, umd, open locks, sneak attack and damage boost.

Splashing 2 monk loses that since healing amp is a level 3 monk enhancement which you'll never get plus it would only be 10% anyways. So what advantage over rogue would 2 monk get you?

Sorry for the focus on splashing on this toon here. I've never played a pure fighter so if the argument could be made that it is vastly better pure then I would listen. After all I splashed 2 levels of rogue on my PM and thought it was the best move (especially while leveling, UMD and evasion were very nice to have), but I have been swayed over by the "stay pure" crowd and when I TR him I'll leave my lock picks at home.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    Good point. Sorry I missed that. So it seems that 2 rogue splash with monk Dilettante would give you evasion, saves, healing amp, umd, open locks, sneak attack and damage boost.

Splashing 2 monk loses that since healing amp is a level 3 monk enhancement which you'll never get plus it would only be 10% anyways. So what advantage over rogue would 2 monk get you?

Sorry for the focus on splashing on this toon here. I've never played a pure fighter so if the argument could be made that it is vastly better pure then I would listen. After all I splashed 2 levels of rogue on my PM and thought it was the best move (especially while leveling, UMD and evasion were very nice to have), but I have been swayed over by the "stay pure" crowd and when I TR him I'll leave my lock picks at home.
    2 Feats, you can still pick up Monk dilly to unlock the 2 healing amp enhancements.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

The Big Rock Candy fits the WF build but just doesnt suit the Helf.

I think you need to change the name for your Helf build..

The Carlton (inspired by the Helf dance that looks like Carlton from Prince of Bel air tv series).
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    Coming soon for me to TR my WF build of this so this is timely. I was having fun on him right up until Artis came out then I've been playing on them for a while and working on 3k favor with my PM. (By the way I almost want to sponsor a fund for you to get artificer so I can see your builds in that class!!)

I've enjoyed evasion immensely so it may be tough to part with. If I kept a 2 splash of rogue which dilettante would I go with? I'd have UMD so no need for cleric because I can pop off scrolls anyways. Would Barb make sense and you could get extra toughness and DR?

If I went with monk would I need to change to a robe user and get some Icy Raiments or something to get the AC bonus from WIS like my Exploiter build ranger? Or is AC not the focus here and more just getting evasion and toughness (which you could get through a Barb dilettante). Evasion is a wash since both get evasion and saves. If that's the case I'm not sure what advantage a monk splash would have over a rogue.

So if I TR a 1st life WF version what would my feat and stat setup look like. I imagine I get a could more since I don't have as many past lives. I was a kopesh build, but I always knew I'd TR this build at some point since I haven't really enjoyed WF as much so I haven't spent a ton of time/money on docents and GS kopeshes though I have the mats so I could utilize them for a GS BS. That being said I'll probably try Helf per your suggestion here.

Sorry to hit you with so many questions on the heels of you releasing this. I'm just excited to see it!!!
    Evasion is still great! The second post gives a bit of discussion of the trade offs. Use the Rakshasa Hide and you're barely even losing any armor class.

You're right about the monk splash using the shield. You can evade whether or not you're centered. This will remain a heavy armored tank type because Stalwart Defender's bonuses are uniquely suited to wearing a shield. The reason someone would go /2 monk instead of /2 fighter is to push hit points higher, since you can spend your monk feats on toughness.

Like you, I'm a UMD fiend, and would lean toward /2 rogue splash if I was considering evasion. Self heals, damage boost, and sneak attack damage help to begin to make up for the DPS loss from the fighter capstone, full base attack bonus and red dragon armor that you lose when you splash.

This build already uses wisdom-based dilletantes, so you can switch to monk dilletante instead of cleric. Monk gives 20% healing amplification, which stacks multiplicitively with your other items. Just make sure you have 13 WIS after tomes so that you can qualify and swap the feat in. They've added Rogue Wand Mastery I, too, so your self heal scrolls will be really beefy for a fighter.

There's a bit of discussion on what you can substitute for the feats. You can take skill focus intimidate and toughness instead of past lives paladin and barbarian, and you won't notice much difference. You'll have 1 more intimidate, 2 more HP, and no divine favor clickies.

P.S I've got an endgame artificer build that I'm thinking of posting soon, so stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    The Big Rock Candy fits the WF build but just doesnt suit the Helf.

I think you need to change the name for your Helf build..

The Carlton (inspired by the Helf dance that looks like Carlton from Prince of Bel air tv series).
    Maybe she just thinks she's a tough hobo tank? Big Rock Candy could an elf gangster.

This is a problem with TRing builds from 2009 and trying to keep name continuity. Heck, the original RockCandy is nothing like either of the builds nowadays
    Last edited by Anthios888; 04-19-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teharahma View Post
    2 Feats, you can still pick up Monk dilly to unlock the 2 healing amp enhancements.
    Pure is 10% more DPS (Capstone) = 10% more threat. That can make the difference.

Evasion's nice but sometimes just making the saves for half damage is enough damage mitigation.

Community Member

Thanks as always for the quick response. I think I'm a 2 rogue splash with monk dilettante kind of guy.

As for your arti build I am pretty excited to see it. I tried a Helf build where I made a mix of the Minsc and Einstein build and I flew through levels. My focus was more on damage and dps than the Einstein's crafting focus and unlike the Minsc I stayed pure. At level 18 (almost 19 blue barred though) my blade barrier does more damage than my capped FVS. About 450 a tick if I remember correctly on non-crits. I'm scroll healing like a mad man and I've got a nice de-buffing pooch by my side that trips, sunders and curses my prey. I'm still toying with rune arms and haven't mastered those yet, but I'm excited about the damage I hope to get from those once I get comfortable incorporating them into my play-style.

I see you have a place holder for a WF pure arti, but don't be shy with a Helf. Human versatility has been nice for some damage boosts. I went rogue dilettante for the SA damage, but I'm rethinking monk for the healing amp now. I went with construct essence to reconstruct and the healing amp might help offset the loss nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post

EDIT: Can you break down the 260% healing amplification? I wasn't able to decipher from the gear listed.
    Hey Monkey-Boy,

The 260% healing amp number takes into account monk dillletante. Rocka re-built this toon for one of my characters, and I'm planning to switch to monk dilletante after I'm capped and tanking lots.

Healing amp stacks multiplicatively like this:

As a fleshie toon, you have base 100% healing (1). From gear and enhancements, you can pick up:
    20% h-elf enhancement (1.2)
    20% ToD ring crafting (1.2)
    20% monk dillette (1.2)
    30% epic gloves of the claw (1.3)
    5% past-life paladin (1.05)
    10% air ship (1.1)

To see how these stack, multiply them: 1 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.3 x 1.05 x 1.1 = 2.59 = ~260% healing amp

With multiplicative stacking of healing amp, every little bit you add makes your total jump a lot. If you decided to do two more past life paladins, multiplying in the 1.05 x 1.05 x 2.6 = 2.86. Thus, adding 5% amp two more times jumped you up 26%.
    Fanarchy - Fanatik - Fanfare - Fanda Bear - Fantta Squirt - Fanttom of the Roq Opera
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled (GRR)

I'm still sporting the robot rock candy and love it (props to you for the build that I based mine off of) but I don't think a simple adjustment of stats is enough to get it to work remotely in the same way, unfortunately. Sad to see you finally join the fleshie, I'm still hanging in waiting for one day when WF tanks are good again.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    Pure is 10% more DPS (Capstone) = 10% more threat. That can make the difference.

Evasion's nice but sometimes just making the saves for half damage is enough damage mitigation.
    Sigh..

I never said it was better, I said what the point was of going 2 monk over 2 rogue. And still being able to get 2 extra healing amp enhancements.
    Learn to read, please.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

What are your thought on using Epic Duelist's Leathers vs Epic Rakshasa Hide.

The +4 dodge seems to maybe equal out the Rough Hide (stacking +3 AC) and the max dex is increased from 10 to 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

(I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    I'm still sporting the robot rock candy and love it (props to you for the build that I based mine off of) but I don't think a simple adjustment of stats is enough to get it to work remotely in the same way, unfortunately. Sad to see you finally join the fleshie, I'm still hanging in waiting for one day when WF tanks are good again.
    I miss being a robot badass, too. Did you notice that I did at least update some feats and stuff to make warforged work? I don't think you can get away with going all out on DPS feats like we used to, but it can tank pretty well. We have one in our guild that tanks epic lord of blades and elite tower of despair, and it's fine. In the end, it was healing amplification that killed warforged. When there were fewer healing amplification items, warforged were not too far off from other races, despite dumb biases against them. Because of the way healing amplification stacks multiplicitively, the more healing amplification items you add, the worse things become for warforged, since every item is only applying to them as a fraction.

Edit: Upon writing that, it looks like my guildie has TRed his Warforged RockCandy into a human since I logged off last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangloid View Post
    What are your thought on using Epic Duelist's Leathers vs Epic Rakshasa Hide.

The +4 dodge seems to maybe equal out the Rough Hide (stacking +3 AC) and the max dex is increased from 10 to 12.
    I just don't know how you could fill out that much max dex bonus. You've already got to take mobility to be able to fill out a tower shield, so Rakshasa is going to be 12-15 max dex bonus as it is depending on how many armor mastery enhancements you want. If you had a lot of dex gear or more investment in dexterity, you could use a heavy shield instead of a tower shield (losing 5% damage reduction) as long as you got more out of your dex bonus than you lost in the tower shield bonus. All I'm saying is that your dex bonus is going to be limited by your actual dexterity, not the armor.

Duelist's Leathers: 8 armor bonus + 4 dodge
    Rakshasa Hide: 11 armor bonus + 3 rough hide

Rakshasa is 2 more armor class even after the +4 dodge on Duelist's. The other nice thing about Rakshasa for an evasion build is getting to drop the air tier 1 on your alchemical shield, since the armor comes with Heightened Awareness IV. Replace it with seeker 10 and you've begun to make up some of the DPS loss from evasion.
    Last edited by Anthios888; 04-19-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomical View Post
    Hey Monkey-Boy,

The 260% healing amp number takes into account monk dillletante. Rocka re-built this toon for one of my characters, and I'm planning to switch to monk dilletante after I'm capped and tanking lots.

Healing amp stacks multiplicatively like this:

As a fleshie toon, you have base 100% healing (1). From gear and enhancements, you can pick up:
    20% h-elf enhancement (1.2)
    20% ToD ring crafting (1.2)
    20% monk dillette (1.2)
    30% epic gloves of the claw (1.3)
    5% past-life paladin (1.05)
    10% air ship (1.1)

To see how these stack, multiply them: 1 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.3 x 1.05 x 1.1 = 2.59 = ~260% healing amp

With multiplicative stacking of healing amp, every little bit you add makes your total jump a lot. If you decided to do two more past life paladins, multiplying in the 1.05 x 1.05 x 2.6 = 2.86. Thus, adding 5% amp two more times jumped you up 26%.
    The pally PL and Monk dilly adds up, thank you.

Not sure where you dug that pic up.The armor stats are the same but the item description is different. Interesting in how DDO loot changes

OLD

New

Thanks for the reply about the Hide. Makes sense. If you notice, the item description grants the Mobility feat, so it in essence saves you one feat.

You could fill it out by going (pretty sure this gives you a +15 modifier?)
    44 STR: 16 base + 3 tome +3 enhancements +6 item + 1 level + 6 stance + 1exceptional + 3 profane + 2 boat+2 Yugo
    40 DEX: 16 base + 3 tome + 4 levels + 1 enhancement + 7 item + 3 exceptional+ 2 boat+2 yugo +2 alchemical
    38 CON: 15 base + 3 tome + 3 exceptional + 7 item + 6 stance+ 2 boat+ 2 yugo pot
    13 INT: 10 + 3tome
    12 WIS: 9 base + 3 tome
    28 CHA: 13 base + 3 tome +7 item+ 1exceptional +2 boat+2 yugo

It's 4 less str, and you'd probably want to splash for evasion if going that route
    Last edited by Mangloid; 04-19-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

(I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mangloid View Post
    If you notice, the new [Duelist's] description grants the Mobility feat, so it in essence saves you one feat.
    Where's the sexy heavy armor?!
    Last edited by Anthios888; 04-19-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: misquoted!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast