Thread: Rogue Weapon

Default Rogue Weapon

Ok... So Im planning to test out STR rogue.
    With focus on slashing weapons.
    On trash eMG + rad2 kukri.

Now... please help me decide whats better on boss as a rogue:
    507 base hp + khopeshes for its better dmg and x3 crits but less chances OR 527 hp + kukris for its better crit range and better to-hit as kukris are light weapons.

To be honest even this 20 hp means a lot to me. Also t-hit...And Im wondering how big would be dps difference with those 2 weapons (considering min2 khopeshes or kukris, without OTWF and sneak attack: 17d6+24 , STR: 40, 42 with rage).

Would be really gratefull if someone counted it.
    And told me whats better choice (sadly Ill probbaly hear Khopeshes but meh... Wanted to make sure, if loss in dps is not that big ill surely choose kukris).
    Last edited by Kayla93; 04-17-2012 at 09:04 AM.

if you are not going to take Oversize TWF, but still want to use a Khopesh, you can use a kukri in your off-hand and still benefit from it.

there's no benefit to using 2 light weapons, only to using a light weapon in your off-hand

if you dont want to spend a feat on khopesh, than your best bet (for a slashing weapon) is a Scimitar.

the scimi actually has a wider crit range than a khop, but with a lower multi

Scimi: 18-20/x2

Khopesh: 19-20/x3
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

on another note: if you do go for the Scimitar+Kukri, i have some epic weapon suggestions:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Kron%27zek%27s_Cruelty

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Mirage

either one would be a great compliment to the eMG
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Thanks. I was thinking bout that but... well when I saw 2 different weapons equiped it was just... Especially kukri + khopesh. It just hurted my eyes, because of lenght difference.

Thats why I asked for these 2 options. And would like to choose from these 2.
    To add on trash I already choosen eMG, and rad2.
    Bosses my only real problem, cause I dont know what gs to make now. I have all ings and cant decide between those 2 options.

on bosses, best bet would be holy burst pesh/kukri of greater bane, if you can craft it. pesh will be ahead, but less then on 0% fort enemies.
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

Min2's are quite handy if you are not going to invest much in that character. They are good weapons and you can use them to break DR of most bosses but a +4 holy <weapon> of bane is going to out-dps it, not to mention +5 holy burst <weapon> of greater bane. Having said that, you'll need to craft a couple of them for demons, devils, constructs.
    So if you are poor, don't have a crafter or not going to invest much in that character but want to run all raids, i think min2's would be better for you.

Edit: It's relatively easy to find +4 H <weapon> of Bane on AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

Quote Originally Posted by brzytki View Post
    Min2's are quite handy if you are not going to invest much in that character. They are good weapons and you can use them to break DR of most bosses but a +4 holy <weapon> of bane is going to out-dps it, not to mention +5 holy burst <weapon> of greater bane. Having said that, you'll need to craft a couple of them for demons, devils, constructs.
    So if you are poor, don't have a crafter or not going to invest much in that character but want to run all raids, i think min2's would be better for you.

Edit: It's relatively easy to find +4 H <weapon> of Bane on AH.
    Oh Im investing in crafting. Now 70 in all schools, so maybe ill be able tp get it.
    But still need a standard DR breaking beater for some epic bosses

Are you a pure rogue?

I'd think if you were then the choice is spend feat or two for khopesh and/or OTWF or not spend a feat and go piercing damage with rapiers and shortswords seeing as those are the only martial weapons you get proficiency for.

Splash is different and scimi good as mentioned above.

BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    if you are not going to take Oversize TWF, but still want to use a Khopesh, you can use a kukri in your off-hand and still benefit from it.

there's no benefit to using 2 light weapons, only to using a light weapon in your off-hand

if you dont want to spend a feat on khopesh, than your best bet (for a slashing weapon) is a Scimitar.

the scimi actually has a wider crit range than a khop, but with a lower multi

Scimi: 18-20/x2

Khopesh: 19-20/x3
    Rogues don't get Scimitar proficiency either.

The OP will get Kukri proficiency while weilding EMG which means unless he's going to use a feat on Scimmy or Khopesh, he should just use a Kukri in his toon's other hand as well. My Rogue does this and the other kukri is a Radiance II kukri. This combination is incredible against trash.

For fighting bosses, I suggest slotting the EMG wither either a Demon's Ruin or Devil's Ruin red augment crystal or possibly a "Good" one (whichever one aligns the weapon as Good) and I'd probably make a Holy Burst Silver (or Cold Iron or Adamantine) Kukri of Greater X Bane. A Mineral II kukri is also an option in the other hand when fighting bosses.
    Last edited by Arkat; 04-17-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Community Member

2 things for you to consider:

1) You don't need the khopesh feat to use khopeshes. Taking the -4 to-hit is always an option.

2) Improved Destruction lowers boss AC and fortification by 8%. If you are a pure rogue, 8% of your sneak attack damage adds up to about the same as greater boss bane. It also helps offset the -4 to-hit from using khopeshes without the feat

Make a +5 holy burst silver khopesh of improved destruction your off hand and a +5 holy burst silver khopesh of greater lawful or evil outsider bane for the main hand.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Brissy Australia(u wouldn't know where the real town was)

I got a flavor rogue build using kurki's.
    How much does the base weapon damage Realy effect
    Dps on a rogue?

I went 6 ranger and am about to get 6 rogue(well I did say it was a flavor build)
    I've got Max crafting lvl's to make any gear needed

I've been running Max sneak attack and a touch of seeker in my off hand.
    Suggestions?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Imatotalnoob View Post
    I got a flavor rogue build using kurki's.
    How much does the base weapon damage Realy effect
    Dps on a rogue?
    From kukri to khopesh?

A greensteel or alchemical kukri has 1d6 base damage(3.5 avg), the khopesh has 1d10.(5.5 avg)

After that, the kukri adds your base damage to 6/20 of your attacks - about 30% of your base damage. (for a new-ish rogue, that's 9 damage. for well geared STR builds, it's more like 11 or 12) The khopesh adds two base damages to 4/20 of your attacks - about 40 %. 12 damage for a common rogue, 15-16 for a well geared STR build)

It's somehwere between 5 and 6 damage a swing. Around the same as the power attack feat.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    Are you a pure rogue?

I'd think if you were then the choice is spend feat or two for khopesh and/or OTWF or not spend a feat and go piercing damage with rapiers and shortswords seeing as those are the only martial weapons you get proficiency for.

Splash is different and scimi good as mentioned above.

Yes, pure rogue.
    Ive got 1 place to take profiency, but not for OTWF.
    If I go khopesh Ill go human.
    If I go kukri Ill go helf with fighter dilly.

Sadly with no profiency I will probably miss a lot.

Not true

Just find medium guild slot weapons for +3 to hit
    Use human adapt for + to hit
    And later Clicky divine power for fighter bab

And yes skip power attack if u are worried
    Oh and get destruction weapons for the win

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Rogues don't get Scimitar proficiency either.
    for scimitars you can master's touch them...proficiency is not really an issue

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uma-Quixote View Post
    for scimitars you can master's touch them...proficiency is not really an issue
    This.

Scimitars have a considerably shorter profile to Khopesh and I really like the way they look with Kukri, I had this on my ranger until I took khopesh prof at 18.

Easy enough to Masters Touch a Scimitar and Epic Kron'zek's Cruelty is one of the best weapons around for a rogue (and from a pack that isn't very difficult on epic).
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

oh snap!

my ranger ran scim and kurki's
    even made a green steel of each

sooo much fun with improve crit slash