Default My one and only PvP suggestion

Howdy,
    First I must preface this post by saying I'm a non-PvPer. I don't like it. It gives me stress and I always feel bad if I up and kill some other poor character. When I have PvPed (not in DDO mind you) I end up letting the other folks kill me because I don't want to ruin their day. It makes me feel better that they feel better about killing me. What can I say, I'm a giver. Please note I said non-PvPer and not anti-PvPer. I used to be an anti-PvPer and wanted to see it completely removed from the game. I have since mellowed and as such just don't care as long as I'm not impacted by its existence.

That said, and without further ado I present for your comments and criticisms my one, my only suggestion for making PvP better for all! *dramatic drumroll*

As soon as you enter any brawling pit your outgoing text defaults to a PvP channel. That way players could opt in or out of the chat and players in all pits would be able to communicate.

I know right! It's brilliant! It's the elegance of simplicity itself! Minuscule developer time, maximum positive return for all. You may wonder, "Where does this suggestion come from?" Well, I've seen and suffered the l33t PvP spam pretty much every time I return to to the Harbor for favor catch-ups but don't want to be forced to leave /general to avoid it. One of the real shames of it all is that too many times a question from a fresh off the boat newbie that hasn't quite got the hang of /advice yet gets lost in the mess. So there it is. My one and only PvP suggestion.

ttfn,
    bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

An excellent idea.

/signed

Community Member

/signed

but umm what server do you play? pvp trash talk in gen has only ever been done by myself on my server and even then only for as long as it took for me to catch a 3day that said it's only ever happened about 3 times. whats this awsome pvp server?

you know what junkies wanna know anytime one of their best friends die? where did they get their junk so delightful isn't it

<---- creepy smily

Community Member

oh and would be nice ifn it were completely unmoderated also

Quote Originally Posted by BlackyLigar View Post
    oh and would be nice ifn it were completely unmoderated also
    Nah, kids PvP too.

But totally /signed to the pits getting a separate channel.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

okey, moderatly unmoderated?

On Thelanis I never see any pvp spam; what server are you on?

For all the people saying they never see PvP spam in general chat on their server - I've played characters through the harbour on every server - Trust me every one of those servers had PvP spam all day every day*.

I do not PvP even with friends.

I have no interest in PvP whatsoever.

Please give PvP it's own channel.

*Except Wayfinder of course.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Oh, yes please. /canhazpls?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Brialliant

/signed
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackyLigar View Post
    /signed

but umm what server do you play? pvp trash talk in gen has only ever been done by myself on my server and even then only for as long as it took for me to catch a 3day that said it's only ever happened about 3 times. whats this awsome pvp server?

you know what junkies wanna know anytime one of their best friends die? where did they get their junk so delightful isn't it

<---- creepy smily
    I seen it on Cannith, Orien and G-Land. I haven't been in the harbor in the last week or two so maybe it's tapered off. It just struck me as a min effort max return suggestion that would keep it from ever happening and allow the PvP culture to express itself in it's own channel.

bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    On Thelanis I never see any pvp spam; what server are you on?
    Not much time in the harbor? There were a couple funny pvp rants earlier today.

/signed for PVP having its own channel along with lack of ability to communicate in other public channels until the PVP area is exited. Guild and party are OK but no trade or general.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I do not PvP even with friends.
    Friends don't let friends PVP.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    /signed for PVP having its own channel along with lack of ability to communicate in other public channels until the PVP area is exited. Guild and party are OK but no trade or general.
    /amendment veto'd

/HELL to the F YEAH!

Great idea OP.

Most folks that PvE do not want to hear the "pvp epeen battle cries" when they are getting ready for questing.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Out of the servers I play on, Sarlona is the one where the hilarity ensues in general chat the most in regards to PVP.

Scenarios of 20 seconds of combat, followed by 30 minutes of claims that the tactic used to win was cheap, are fairly common. It degenerates from there to insults about the other players build being gimp, and how they must be over 40, fat, and living in moms basement, and other such well rehearsed responses used alot in MMOs. If it had commercial breaks it could pass for reality TV.

Give it its own channel.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.