Lightbulb Bags in challenges

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the glitch withing challenges that makes it imposible to pick up collectables bags. (bug report submitted)
    And a thought: maybe said collectables bags should contain 1 dragonshard crystal a piece. That would be incentive to pick them up, and worth it if all peole in the party pick it it (1x6=bonus 6 dragonshards). In the mansion they could be door crests.

If they come from Mephits, they can be picked up. Anything else is a no-go. There are several quests that have bags like this.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    So, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the glitch withing challenges that makes it imposible to pick up collectables bags. (bug report submitted)
    And a thought: maybe said collectables bags should contain 1 dragonshard crystal a piece. That would be incentive to pick them up, and worth it if all peole in the party pick it it (1x6=bonus 6 dragonshards). In the mansion they could be door crests.
    this is a hoax
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

The problem is that the monsters that are dropping the bags and you can't access the bags because they have not been properly given a collectable type to drop. Some of the monsters are going off of older functioning templates, such as the mephits, renders, reavers, and flensers, where the base template yields collectables like planar crystals. However, enemy models from post-Eberron Unlimited have mostly been forgotten in regards to this detail, and fail to have an actual collectable to grab.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

My only problem is getting to them in time to get them...

Sleeps

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    The problem is that the monsters that are dropping the bags and you can't access the bags because they have not been properly given a collectable type to drop. Some of the monsters are going off of older functioning templates, such as the mephits, renders, reavers, and flensers, where the base template yields collectables like planar crystals. However, enemy models from post-Eberron Unlimited have mostly been forgotten in regards to this detail, and fail to have an actual collectable to grab.
    The sheer depth of your observations never ceases to amaze me.

I grabbed one last night in Buying Time (extraplanar palace) while clearing.

Received Small Eberron Dragnshard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruell View Post
    The sheer depth of your observations never ceases to amaze me.
    /vote make mrcow a character in-game. id LOVE to fight a Mr. Cow purple name in game. he could shout out taunts telling you exactly why you're going to fail, and give helpful tips and suggestions for the next encounter.
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    /vote make mrcow a character in-game. id LOVE to fight a Mr. Cow purple name in game. he could shout out taunts telling you exactly why you're going to fail, and give helpful tips and suggestions for the next encounter.
    ROFL yes! This would be great. +1

Quote Originally Posted by BoBo2020 View Post
    I grabbed one last night in Buying Time (extraplanar palace) while clearing.

Received Small Eberron Dragnshard.
    Okay, seems I was wrong. nvm.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Okay, seems I was wrong. nvm.
    No, your observations were valid -- I'm willing to bet that any collectable has a chance to be rolled under a generic "rare" loot table, separate from the typed-by-monster/location one that MrCow mentioned.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Can one now get planar shards in challenges? Any good place to farm?

Planar Shards and Planar Crystals are two different things. The latter drop from all (most?) render/reaver types throughout the game (including challenges), and are middling-value unbound collectables. The former drop only in Subterrane and Ritual Sacrifice, are bound, and do not go into red bags.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"