Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    you
    Posts
    686

    Default

    I'm going to throw my 2 cents in for ya to give you an idea of what I think some people are trying to say with the term "alternate builds" or "better builds".

    Key Focus "AA"

    Arcane Archer does not have to be a ranger. Example is the Elf race, if you go elf, at level 20 you can go AA. True it sucks while leveling, but the benifits for high end game playing outway the leveling time. As you stated you wanted a final build.

    If you go fighter levels (atleast 12) you can get all of the bonus feats to put in as you choose to boost your ranged damage (more than likely having enough left over to boost the second weapon set aswell) and still able to take the 6 levels of ranger that give you most of the important feats rangers get given to them. You can also get more AC out of it and HP's to help tide you over while your slinging them arrows. Evasion is still easy enough to get with 2 levels of monk/rogue giving there class bonuses with it IE wisdomAC and or trap skills.

    There are hundreds of ways to better your toons with what is presented in DDO and the most important thing is not to take what people here say as FACT. In the end it is your toon and should be allowed to play it the way you want to. That said, not all basic, general, or proven builds are the best and what works for me, may not work for your play style. All advice I give is from my perspective/experience and reflects nothing on you as a player. Hope what I said was news regarding AA fighters and what not. Enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Kages; 04-18-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: grammer
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

  2. #22
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    If you're mainly focused on AA

    I'd throw in a Half elf, 12monk, 6ranger, 2artificer or fighter AA builds that are all the rage at the moment.

    The 10k stars available is effectively a second manyshot.

    I'm finding even with my complete lack of gear Rangenmo is one of my favorite toons to play at the moment.

    Earth stance during manyshot and when i have enough ki for my next 10k stars = *3 crits
    Water stance during 10k stars for extra arrows
    shadowfade
    abundant step
    walk on water.

    best part is that if (you're crazy) and don't like it at cap, when you TR you get another +1 damage next life

  3. #23
    Community Member ShadowFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    If you're mainly focused on AA

    I'd throw in a Half elf, 12monk, 6ranger, 2artificer or fighter AA builds that are all the rage at the moment.

    The 10k stars available is effectively a second manyshot.

    I'm finding even with my complete lack of gear Rangenmo is one of my favorite toons to play at the moment.

    Earth stance during manyshot and when i have enough ki for my next 10k stars = *3 crits
    Water stance during 10k stars for extra arrows
    shadowfade
    abundant step
    walk on water.

    best part is that if (you're crazy) and don't like it at cap, when you TR you get another +1 damage next life
    I always find amusing what some describe as "complete lack of gear" includes 4 epic items (5th being the epic helm upgrade coming I'm sure), Litany of the dead, ToD items, and RAID gear

    Perfectly geared?...no...but a far cry away from "complete lack of gear"

    ShadowFlash
    All the math your brain can handle concerning Divine Punishment
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344769

  4. #24
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFlash View Post
    I always find amusing what some describe as "complete lack of gear" includes 4 epic items (5th being the epic helm upgrade coming I'm sure), Litany of the dead, ToD items, and RAID gear

    Perfectly geared?...no...but a far cry away from "complete lack of gear"

    ShadowFlash
    cmon lets be fair here too, the bow / goggles are both easily obtained items that even in pugs people are happy to roll off

    and the gloves are an easy gimme from the cove.

    to me, most of the gear on rangemo is stepping stone / throw away gear.

    i'm still chasing an epic stalker ring, frozen tunic, decent tod set, shard of the thornlord, ravensight goggles.

    p.s. I probably shouldn't mention the only reason i haven't made the epic moron helmet is cause i haven't gotten round to putting a shard in my shared bank.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 04-18-2012 at 07:18 PM.

  5. #25
    Community Member ShadowFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    cmon lets be fair here too, the bow / goggles are both easily obtained items that even in pugs people are happy to roll off

    and the gloves are an easy gimme from the cove.

    to me, most of the gear on rangemo is stepping stone / throw away gear.

    i'm still chasing an epic stalker ring, frozen tunic, decent tod set, shard of the thornlord, ravensight goggles.

    p.s. I probably shouldn't mention the only reason i haven't made the epic moron helmet is cause i haven't gotten wound to putting a shard in my shared bank.
    lol I know it's not end gear, but ya gotta admit seeing a bunch of epic items, ToD rings/necklace, and raid gear definately raised an eyebrow and haha! I knew that epic helm had to be right around the corner

    All kidding aside...a good example of a reasonable Monkcher (non-uber leet).

    ShadowFlash
    All the math your brain can handle concerning Divine Punishment
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344769

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,371

    Default

    Many thanks for the replies, advice and information. I think I will try the ranger 6 / monk 2 / fighter 12 helves angel build although I agree highly with the point about situational benefits of being a ranger 20 AA and the idea of 12 monk levels looks very strong as well. All the ideas presented were very good and well-thought out and I appreciate the education.

    I asked a question about race and ended up with a completely different build. Change is good

  7. #27
    Community Member gfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    1,325

    Default

    -Right now my ranger is on 2nd AA life (Elven. 12monk/6rgr/2fighter)
    -Other past lives include 3*ranger + 2*fighter
    -10k stars is a nice add for sure, and the fighter haste boost is good icing
    -Still, its no barn burner in terms of dps

    I will likely go helf next life to try that out. I'll let you know how it works out. The hideous looks of the helfs have kept me from trying it sooner, but the playability upside is undeniable.

    Ultimately I think the eventual +9 damage (and +3 hit with completed 3rd fighter life) will go very nice with an Arti. Really looking forward to see how that works out.
    <Sarlona>Leafy 12th life TR, Ingvild 25 Fighter, Backk 25 Rogue, Hipyletus 25 Sorcerer, Reinheits 25 Cleric, Cratonic 18 Fighter/2 Monk, Archean 20 barbarian, Steamfunk 24 Arti <Quantum Entropy>
    <Khyber>Cilicis 15 Bard/1 Fighter<Eximius>

  8. #28
    Community Member Zyerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Half Elf or Human for Tempest, Elf for AA.

    "Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

    Into light, into darkness, surely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload