Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    Would you consider bribing the same as poaching?
    Interesting question -- for me, the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    [snip]
    Someone might want to tone down a bit.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Isharah View Post
    Someone might want to tone down a bit.
    Sorry, what do you mean?
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    /rant on
    I know sometimes some groups have trouble finding healers.
    I know sometimes some groups need a healer.
    I know sometimes no healers want to join your PUG.

But please don't distract my Guildies with tells whilst they are supposed to be healing me.

You can see in the "who" list, if the people are in a party. That's the symbol on the far left, looks like a few faces, and when you hold the cursor over it it says "in party".
    /rant off
    There's a reason why most of my healer friends are anonymous.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    I must note these guildies of yours don't have ears or voice, skipped metas and dumped CON. Mostly pikers and they always expect to be paid... Oh, and no Quicken either...
    They do perform better when tipped (just leave loot in the chest). No +2 darts, no heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardoor View Post
    They do perform better when tipped (just leave loot in the chest). No +2 darts, no heals.
    Best use for +5 Healing Kits around...

When they are bad, I take them to eBig Top to learn trapsmithing... They seem to listen better afterward...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMond63 View Post
    For clarification:

Would you consider bribing the same as poaching?
    Yes, but that's a rhetorical question?

I'll worry about the bribing when it happens... noone has ever tried to lure a healer away from us with a solid offer of devil scales or something similar.

The tells dont bother us when we're solo... just when we're grouping.
    No longer reading the Forums.

Community Member

I get those random tells all the time. Most of the time I'm not actually doing anything and can't join because I don't own the associated pack, but that's my fault for wasting all my tps on lowbie packs. 90% of the time I ignore them if I'm IP on something.

But what really gets me angry is when people Anonymously request to join my PuGs,, I mean if you need to remain secretive about your in-game identity, then you don't need to hit my LFMs.

I dont know as far as what the OP said the healer healing you doesnt need to choose right then to respond if they should be healing you. So if you got upset cause you died or something and that was there excuse, Im sorry but a healer should be able to multi task better then that. Or choose to ignore the person sending them a tell. Also I truely believe there is a healer shortage. No one wants to play them anymore and the ones that do have all kinda of rules to who they want to heal and what they want to heal. I personally dont think that there is anything wrong with that, but I also feel its your responsiblilty as a healer to be available to people. If not why are you online as a healer/ or not anon. I mean I feel like everyone should put in there time as a healer, if you have the ability to do so cause it contributes to the server and we all have been in that group, just waiting. But thats just me personally. I made one myself, expecially after having poor guildys and friends always having to flip to a healer cause they were the only ones that had one. So I did my time, lol. I mean I get the whole look and see if Im in a group thing, but what if I am wrapping up a quest and want to go to what they have to offer me. Then I probally wouldn't be mad. Id be grateful I got the tell and tell them be there in a few mins. I think people get more upset if they never had any interest in going in the first place. But the person sending you a tell doesnt have any clue how your going to respond, expecially if they love playing there toon, I'd think they assume you love yours too and like playing it. I mean healers never need to wait around for xp So basically just shy of someone leaving the party in the middle of the quest which would be rude on there part. Why shouldnt people be able to send tells.

Quote Originally Posted by neoninja9 View Post
    I get those random tells all the time. Most of the time I'm not actually doing anything and can't join because I don't own the associated pack, but that's my fault for wasting all my tps on lowbie packs. 90% of the time I ignore them if I'm IP on something.

But what really gets me angry is when people Anonymously request to join my PuGs,, I mean if you need to remain secretive about your in-game identity, then you don't need to hit my LFMs.
    Don't worry overly much about it, I forget to turn anonymous off all the time when I'm on my capped cleric
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by lordpummel1-1 View Post
    Also I truely believe there is a healer shortage. No one wants to play them anymore and the ones that do have all kinda of rules to who they want to heal and what they want to heal.
    <rant on>

Personally, I don't like playing my healer with *certain* PUGs because:
    1. LFM up for level 20 raid
    2. 200-hp rogue joins
    3. 200-hp arcane joins
    4. rogue and arcane talk about how HP is overrated
    5. party fills
    6. ...without a tank
    7. some random person decides for himself that he has enough threat to tank the boss (who needs healing amp and mitigation?)
    8. 2 pots later, I begin wondering why I didn't drop group
    9. 10 pots later, I pick out people who don't deserve a res anymore (which sometimes includes the "tank")
    10. 40 deaths later
    11. quest completes
    12. everyone praises themselves for a "job well done"
    13. party disbands
    14. badmouthing begins

</rant off lol>

All else, I am fine healing. Especially the ones that actually sympathize with the healer and share in the expenses. <3

*EDIT*
    And to everyone who hasn't played a healer yet, I suggest you take the plunge as it gives you an opportunity to learn quite a few things first-hand. Very good for fine-tuning your playstyle on other roles.
    1. the value of self-healing on a DPS toon
    2. the importance of healing amp on a nontank toon
    3. the definition of a real tank (vs. a "DPS tank")
    4. the plague of the clumsy WF with 0 hamp
    5. the cost of each death, each wrong turn, each missed curse pot

Among lots.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Isharah; 04-18-2012 at 07:45 AM.

And to everyone who hasn't played a healer yet, I suggest you take the plunge as it gives you an opportunity to learn quite a few things first-hand. Very good for fine-tuning your playstyle on other roles.
    If anyone learns anything from this thread, it should be this.

Nonclumsy WF melees without hamp realize that they are a sponge pretty fast. Rolling a WF mellee is one of the grave mistakes I made in character generation, and I will not repeat this. I am very sorry for every Divine Caster who groups with G-Impy.

Quote Originally Posted by neoninja9 View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but I accept anonymous divines, because they are hiding themselves from "hjeal meh" tells, not hiding their identity from the leader of the group they are applying to. If an anonymous non-divine applies to my group, I am usually curious who it is.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 04-18-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Default Trying a cleric for a change

*EDIT*

Among lots.

Cheers.
    And make it one as a 28 or 32 point build without any past lifes. To see what it is like not having all the great gear that can help with the haling.

Community Member

~snip~
    All I learned from playing a healer is that its fun as hell. But yeah, I now have a very great appreciation for damage mitigation, usually AC in the early game and shields in the end, and have always loved healing amp. Its just so nice to get hit for 300+ from a heal scroll.

As for Warforged melee? I really wish there was a way to change your face without a TR. I wouldn't mind re-rolling my Warforged barbarian if I could keep his Minos Legens and the +2 str and con tome I dumped into him. But, the only way to do that is to plod on to 20 for a TR and... Well, that's just gonna be painful.

A couple of ounces of politeness and courtesy goes an awful long way.

I try to be polite and courteous when I look for healers. Frankly, I usually spam channels and check my Friends List first. Though, even the Friends List is pretty worthless for identifying what friend is on what TR on which character.

Be polite to everyone, and reap the rewards of always having fast fills.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123