Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Hey all,

We just made the decision to postpone the new enhancement system until after XPack. A lot of work has been done on it, but too much remains and, more importantly, there's not enough time to iterate on the design and address feedback we've received so far.

We're sad; the systems team has put in a lot of long hours towards this, but it's the right thing to do.

Thanks again for all the feedback and support.
    Take the time to get it right.

That said, can you let us know more about what you're thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    The bright side I guess is that you can finish the 'Let's Talk' series now (AC, ranged ect).
    Yes, please give us something else to chew on.

I'm still hoping for the arbitrary 3 tree limit to be done away with. And I can honestly say I am glad it is pushed back, and will remain happy for it to continue to be indefinitely pushed back until they do get rid to the 3 tree limit.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Gulain View Post
    My biggest concern here is: Does this mean even more indefinite timeframe on flushing out the class/race Prestiges?? These have been ongoing for years and I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with no timeframe on these again...
    This.

I know you guys are working on it, but the impression given with the initial PRE's list was that they were being worked on. And not to point out that it's been 3+ years and we still don't have some (most?) of them but...

Blizzard has a habit of delaying things when they aren't ready to see the light of day. And so far, its worked out pretty well for them. I have confidence in you guys & gals.

Keep strong & carry on.

Pitty, though all in all, when you consider the sheer mass of side-effects inherent in an overhaul, understandable.

Mind sharing a few thoughts on updated goals and preferred methodologies? Bonus points if you list a few notions you threw out and why so we aren't treading over the same ground.
    Last edited by Scraap; 04-14-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Community Member

This is sad news. I am looking forward to the new enhancement system as much as the expansion...

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsfire View Post
    The bright side I guess is that you can finish the 'Let's Talk' series now (AC, ranged ect).
    I don't expect to see any more "Let's Talk" threads that deal with anything non-expansion related until the expansion is released and working somewhat smoothly. An AC overhaul will be a huge topic and ranged changes can be anything from a few tweaks to a major overhaul. Since thay have not deigned to even give us a glimmer of what they might have in mind for either system and they have a lot on their plates right now, I don't hold out much hope for those issues for a good while. Hopefully I'm wrong and they decide to start collecting information and suggestions well before they plan to work on them.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

So does this mean Druids aren't getting any PRE's untill the Enhancement update?

What will this mean for level 25's who need a rebuild due to the Enhancement system completely changing?

Kambuk

What is the new time frame for the enhancement system revamp? Waiting year(s) for a fully fleshed out PrE line is a little ludicrous. I hope the AC revamp won't be pushed back also.. you guys have very little time left on the clock to fully flesh out character build options (that IS why we play DnD right?) before Neverwinter hits as another F2P DnD MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I'm still hoping for the arbitrary 3 tree limit to be done away with. And I can honestly say I am glad it is pushed back, and will remain happy for it to continue to be indefinitely pushed back until they do get rid to the 3 tree limit.
    agreed...the example I listed earlier would need 8 trees to retain the same skills as current...none of which are breaking alone, but taken as a whole, certainly would push an "edge" build outside of acceptable viability IMO. Dropping 4 of these lines would make the entire race, level, Feat & Class mix incredebly inefficient.

Racial Elf: Bow/Rapier Lines...DEX Enhancements (can only be re-specced through TR and a mandatory tree)
    Racial Arcane Archer: Counts as 1 of 3 selected
    Warchanter I
    Base Rogue: Haste Boost I & Sneak Attack Training I
    Base Bard: Wand & Scroll Mastery (UMD Heal)
    Base Ranger: DEX Enhancements...Sprint and Skill Boost...and Extra Boost I
    Deepwood Sniper: Favored Enemy Enhancements
    Virtuoso: Extra Song/Lingering Song

ShadowFlash
    All the math your brain can handle concerning Divine Punishment
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344769

/sadpanda

Of all the things in the xpack, this was the feature I was most looking forward to. But I do understand if you guys bit off more than you could chew, just promise us it won't be delayed too much.

...or, can't you just delay Druids instead ?

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Hey all,

We just made the decision to postpone the new enhancement system until after XPack. A lot of work has been done on it, but too much remains and, more importantly, there's not enough time to iterate on the design and address feedback we've received so far.

We're sad; the systems team has put in a lot of long hours towards this, but it's the right thing to do.

Thanks again for all the feedback and support.
    good call

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Personally, I think the three tree (plus racial) limit is actually a very good thing. It opens up a lot of options for balancing the trees against each other that weren't there before, such as fleshing out each tree to be more independent, and being able to provide more kinds of options. It also further diversifies the kinds of choices players can make that would be meaningful.

Some types of variety only exist under some types of constraint.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

3+ years and waiting, I've set my expectations so that I can wait forever, won't bother me.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I, for one, look forward to our new enhancement overlords.

...but I'm very happy to look forward for a longer time if it increases the chances that our new enhancement overlords are benevolent.

So what does that mean for druids? Will their enhancements be revamped shortly after release or will they be shipped nekkid?

Also, does that mean that the xpack content will be balanced with the current enhancement system in mind, and will stay that way?
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey_Power View Post
    Blizzard has a habit...
    What does Blizzard have to do with any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kambuk View Post
    What will this mean for level 25's who need a rebuild due to the Enhancement system completely changing?
    Luckily it won't effect it at all because the Epic level will use an entirely different system

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusfluff View Post
    Personally, I think the three tree (plus racial) limit is actually a very good thing. It opens up a lot of options for balancing the trees against each other that weren't there before, such as fleshing out each tree to be more independent, and being able to provide more kinds of options. It also further diversifies the kinds of choices players can make that would be meaningful.

So limiting choice creates more choice...Really because my plan is to make robots to murder all kobolds every 50 years so the kobolds cant make robots that will most likely kill them.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 04-14-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post

Also, does that mean that the xpack content will be balanced with the current enhancement system in mind, and will stay that way?
    This is the one that interests me.

It looks like the overhaul will make characters a lot stronger in general (even if we lose a couple of little synergies here and there). Will quest and raid bosses be designed around the assumption that we have the higher post enhancement overhaul character power levels?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusfluff View Post

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. My opinion differs and will not change on this issue. This three tree limit both stinks of wow and loses the flavor of DnD that I enjoy. I dont expect anyone to agree with me, or even care, but this part of the enhancement change is going to be my farewell to DDO.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast