Default Sources of heavy fort besides Minos Legen?

what are some sources of heavy fort besides Minos Legen?
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    what are some sources of heavy fort besides Minos Legen?
    there are very few slots that don't have an option for heavy fort. the most common ones are armor and ring. but with greensteel, anything is possible.
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Min 2, random generated loot, cannith crafted loot, some epic items, some named items, epic slot augment, OMG, too much to list, visit some fan site (like DDO-wiki), they got more info than I can fit into a post.

At low levels - necklace from relic of sovereign past ore turn in, ml9. At lvl20 a green/blue slot on an epic item or claw bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Min 2, random generated loot, cannith crafted loot, some epic items, some named items, epic slot augment, OMG, too much to list, visit some fan site (like DDO-wiki), they got more info than I can fit into a post.
    basically this, a better question would be 'what slot CAN'T you put heavy fort in?'

the only one i can think of is trinket, but someone will probably mention a trinket that has heavy fort on it. name a slot you want heavy fort in and someone will probably give you a list of available options. if you dont want to grind for a particular named item or make greensteel, then yeah id go with like a heavy fort armor or ring, or maybe belt.
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

I recommend having Heavy Fort in helmet, ring or amulet. If you cannot attain fancy equipment, then armor is also fine. In a rare case, if you use shield, then that is a valid place for heavy fortification as well.

I don't recommend putting heavy fortification in the belt. The belt is an excellent slot for greater false life.
    Last edited by Templarion; 04-14-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    the only one i can think of is trinket, but someone will probably mention a trinket that has heavy fort on it.
    Upgraded head of good fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Templarion View Post
    I don't recommend putting heavy fortification in the belt. The belt is an excellent slot for greater false life.
    While this is very true, if you only have the choice of a belt slot then heavy fort would be the better item to be equiped. YMMV
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Lootgen: Ring, Belt, Body, Shield
    Named Items: Electric Haze (belt), Nightforge Gorget (neck), Docent of Defence (body), Full Plate of the Defender (body), Garments of Equilibrium (body), Ancient Band (ring), Head of Good Fortune when upgraded (trinket), Purging the Pantheon when upgraded (belt).
    Greensteel: Any spot aside from body, weapon, shield, ring, trinket. It's a double-shard item, so 24 larges (5 of which are scales) are necessary.
    Epic: Named Epic Belt of the Mroranon, Epic Bracers of the Claw, Epic Infested Armor, or 30 tokens into any blue, purple, or green slot.

It depends on your eventual equipment goal, with melee equipment being a tighter fit in many cases.
    Last edited by Sarisa; 04-14-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Added two upgraded items I missed.

Dragontouched armor. That is where most of my characters get it.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I've been putting ML 5 medium fort on a BtA cannith crafted belt for my lowbies and I've been playing a lot of toasters, so I haven't really worried about 100% fort. Heavy Fort can go on belts as well, so I'd generally put it there until I hit Amrath and get a +6 Con GFL belt, but by that time, I'll either have Minos for Heavy fort temporarily or I'll have a MinII Greensteel accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    basically this, a better question would be 'what slot CAN'T you put heavy fort in?'
    Quiver

the only one i can think of is trinket, but someone will probably mention a trinket that has heavy fort on it. [...]
    Any epic item on the trinket with either a blue, violet or green slot. e.g., The Epic Pouch of Jerky, Tier 3 Epic Treasure Hunter's Spyglass,Tier 3 Epic Blasting Chime, Epic Brawn's Spirits.
    Upgraded Head of Good Fortune from Reavers Fate.
    Last edited by Tyrande; 04-14-2012 at 11:09 AM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    At low levels - necklace from relic of sovereign past ore turn in, ml9. At lvl20 a green/blue slot on an epic item or claw bracers.
    I use ML8 Heavy Fort robes for lowbies. Much easier than running a level 11 quest. Of course, toasters can't, but they get 100% from a ML 6 Mod Fort docent. I believe I have some ML4 Mod Fort robes as well. After 11-12, it's either Minos, ring, or Garments of Equilibrium (I have too many sets, and the 13 concentration is useful on my Bard).

I don't care much for watching paint dry, so I only do epics when I'm suffering from insomnia and need something to put me under.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

You can also find ML 8 cloth outfits.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Community Member

For named loot check out: http://itemwiki.cubicleninja.com/default.aspx

Hint: Put "heavy fortification" under keyword.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Someone was looking in channels for an Electric Haze once. I had one sitting in the bank so sent them it... they hunted me down and forced plat on me.

Anyway is not really uncommon on loot gen belts and such... we used to run ore for Nightforge Gorget long ago but I do not think many people bother with that anymore.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post
    we used to run ore for Nightforge Gorget long ago but I do not think many people bother with that anymore.
    Just forced a capped guildie yesterday to babysit my lvl9 cleric while I got Nightforge Gorget and Nightforge Armbands.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:A_R...t_reward_items

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

...but I do not think many people bother with that anymore.
    Ran it yesterday on elite for a guildy, though I think she wanted it for cannith crafting. Amazingly enough, I realized that was the first time I had run that quest.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.