Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Titles

Default Forum Titles

How do you get a forum title? Like Memnir's "Bwest Fwiends" (so freakin adorable) Now "Founder" is obvious and at first I thought it was based on how much rep you've received.... But then I saw someone who only had three greenies with a title so I really have no clue

Some kind of ingame event. "Stormreach Advisor" confuses me, it's supposed to be some kind of undercover gm playing and asking questions and I always do my best to answer every question I see no matter how obvious it sounds but never anything productive. Maybe I was told wrong...
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

you get a forum title by being awesome, or doing something spectacular. stainer got 'prophet of lolth' by being the first do discover that www.lolthiscoming.com forwarded you to the ddo home page, before any news of lolth or the expansion was coming. others with names like 'the front side' got their name by posting in a thread hailing the Cube. do something memorable in the forums, something really awesome, and you may get a title. i think most people who got one were not actually trying to get one, they just impressed someone and got one- i believe with the exception of the cubies.
    Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

I have been told you have to contact a dev/adim type and request the change.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

If I'm not mistaken:
    1. Founder- those who joined/activated their account when the game was first launched in 2006.
    2. Stormreach Advisor - written some guide to players on the forums.
    3. I <3 DDO - won contest (Valentine's Day?).
    4. Custom titles - given on special basis - e.g. stainer's, memnir's and the Cube supporters.

Actively seeking a title probably won't get you one, just go about your normal forum business and one day maybe you'll do something special and someone at Turbine will notice you, so you'll end up with a title. The exception of course being when the Devs/Community Reps put up a contest for a title, in which case, go nuts trying to get it!

I make it sound like a happy fairytale don't I?
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

Just out of curiosity, how many custom titles are out there?
    Fear the Koala.
    Jial, Wyllywyl, and an ever-changing list of alts.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Posting in this thread on the off-chance we are all bestowed titles. I want "Community Member".

EDIT: Yes!!!
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by learst View Post
    If I'm not mistaken:
    1. Founder- those who joined/activated their account when the game was first launched in 2006.
    2. Stormreach Advisor - written some guide to players on the forums.
    3. I <3 DDO - won contest (Valentine's Day?).
    4. Custom titles - given on special basis - e.g. stainer's, memnir's and the Cube supporters.
    I think they also did one for the halloween pumpkin.

When fansites were first officially supported and cataloged in the forums, those of us who registered our fansite in that timeframe got our titles turned into links.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

And here I was thinking Cow was a DDO Catalog himself

I suggests that Turbine adds a new purchaseable "forum title" in the DDO Store, they'll make good money.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenostrata View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how many custom titles are out there?
    Two hundred and seventy five. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Posting in this thread on the off-chance we are all bestowed titles. I want "Community Member".

EDIT: Yes!!!
    lol
    There is no free lunch.

New Forum titles

Wanter of Forum Title

Bumper of Threads

Prophet of DooOOoom

Beater of Dead Horse

Necromancer of Threads

/Signer of Threads

I was lead to believe that the forum staff will give a new title to those they find worthy of getting one.. I saw a post on it some time back I think it was Cord that explained it.. But was long enough ago my mind just really doesn't remember it all..
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot View Post
    I was lead to believe that the forum staff will give a new title to those they find worthy of getting one.. I saw a post on it some time back I think it was Cord that explained it.. But was long enough ago my mind just really doesn't remember it all..
    Sleeps
    Oh I see, ANOTHER way of measuring popularity and social standing.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

It's not faaaair!! Waaaaah!

Where's the easy button for a forum title? Why should other people get forum titles but not me?

The forum mods hate rangers/elves/dOOooOOmers/casual posters/hardcore posters/noobs/newbs/bronies/casters/melee/bards/people who post in colored text/long signatures/fanbois and that's why I'll never get my own custom title.

I'm quitting. You can't have my stuff.

And if they do change it so everyone can have a custom forum title, I'll still quit because then it's not special and I don't want it anymore if it's not uber leet.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Various contests for the most part. Also getting a thread into the "Hall of fame" obviously
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    It's not faaaair!! Waaaaah!

Where's the easy button for a forum title? Why should other people get forum titles but not me?

The forum mods hate rangers/elves/dOOooOOmers/casual posters/hardcore posters/noobs/newbs/bronies/casters/melee/bards/people who post in colored text/long signatures/fanbois and that's why I'll never get my own custom title.

I'm quitting. You can't have my stuff.

And if they do change it so everyone can have a custom forum title, I'll still quit because then it's not special and I don't want it anymore if it's not uber leet.
    sigh. you must spread, ah f it!

I quit too and you can't have ma stuff!

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

If I recall correctly, Cordovan had the title "DDO Podcast Host" or similar when his name was Mockduck, before he was snatched up in the maw of Corporate Game Community Support-ness.

I can't remember if Tolero had a forum title when she was a mere mortal but the work she did with her videos certainly would deserve one today.

I don't think I would deserve a title myself, as I'm not a Number Cruncher/Lore Master or anything like that. At best I might rate "Forum Foole", but only then if Turbine has a font with backward "F"s
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast