Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    The worst pug experience? Getting into VoD on hard and having the arti tell the party he has neither silver weapons or deadly weapons (apparently he has too many awesomely powerful offensive spells that add more dps than increasing dps of entire party put together). Another pug where the arti said he doesn't have reconstruct spell (In Vod again).

Nietherof these cost us the victory, but it's this kind of frustrating thing that really makes me hate pugging. I just want people to make an effort to play their class with a level of intelligence above a hireling.
    Well, lets see: At level 20 you may have 4 level 6 spells available which include Blade Barrier and Tactical Detonation, so two of those spell slots are already occupied. An other one may be Protection from Elements, Mass which is surely not a must as most other casters may already provide that spell but well assume we only left with one other slot. Usually you will then take Deadly Weapon for that one but maybe he is new to this game and not know about the spell Reconstruct and has taken Repair Critical Damage, Mass (not everybody play toasters or know much about them).

Most likely however is that he just didn't read the scroll yet as certain scrolls aren't available for purchase and you need to read those scroll first before you can use them. Maybe he even was not level 20 and miss out an other level 6 spell slot.

Further why others assume what players should have in their spell slots? I mean what is reconstruct good for a fleshy player anyway? Except of healing/repairing others, but if I would be keen on babysitting I could have rolled a Cleric instead
    Not to mention that reconstruct may only worth it if you also have quicken.

Last but not least if one can make the expectation that an Arti should have Silver then one could have the same expectation of a Fighter having a Silver or Metalline weapon. Not that you can't buy them by any chance from a broker or the AH

Anyway none of those should cost any frustration ... just shrug or mention that he should consider changing his spells ... some players still can learn how to do it better the next time
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 04-15-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Mass protection from elements is about the same whether you scroll it or slot it, not sure why an arti would choose slotting that spell over deadly. Reconstruct is extremely useful in several raids as wf tanks are often used and arti's have very powerful scroll healing abilities. Combined with having the spell slotted they can keep even a 0 AC wf tank up against some awful bosses. Silver lets the fighters use lit2s against pit fiends and gives them higher dps than almost anything else. Not sure I understand logic on bringing tactical detonation into VoD... Maybe it's some kind of secret weapon that knocks down orthons while nothing else works on them?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    I mean what is reconstruct good for a fleshy player anyway? Except of healing/repairing others
    Fleshy artificers can get a feat at level 3 that allows them to self-repair. It doesn't work as well on them as on warforged (they get like -50% repair amp) but even then it should be convenient self-healing.

Other than that both the good and silver weapon buffs are useful even if you assume boss beaters, since dr-breaking lit2 is still better than holy silver of lawful outsider bane.

I do agree that the arti player not being too experienced or well prepared is not a cause for frustration. Especially in the case of a raid that's reasonably easy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    Mass protection from elements is about the same whether you scroll it or slot it, not sure why an arti would choose slotting that spell over deadly. Reconstruct is extremely useful in several raids as wf tanks are often used and arti's have very powerful scroll healing abilities. Combined with having the spell slotted they can keep even a 0 AC wf tank up against some awful bosses. Silver lets the fighters use lit2s against pit fiends and gives them higher dps than almost anything else. Not sure I understand logic on bringing tactical detonation into VoD... Maybe it's some kind of secret weapon that knocks down orthons while nothing else works on them?
    Deadly weapons is pretty lame now. Woohoo 1d6 force! yayyy.

And with all the stuff an arti lugs around at L20, I'd take mass protect over deadly just to free up inventory space.

Community Member

Okay... on the topic of worst PuG experiences. I win!

Quest: Gwylans last stand- Hard
    Starting group loadout: Ranger (leader), 1 caster, one level 5 healer, a rogue, a paladin and my monk. Everyone either at or below level. Pure PuG.

Started off well enough. Got a chill hearing the clerics voice (sounded like he was maybe 10 years old) but then he proceeded to buff us out to the max. First cave (trolls) we stomped through like nothing. Then the cleric got lost. No one could find him in the first cave, then he DC'd. Ranger then decided we could go ahead sans healer. In the next couple groups of mobs he pulled loads of aggro, died and then immediately flipped and said we were done without a healer. Told us all to drop group then when we grabbed his stone and said we could pull through he dropped out entirely. The Paladin got the star and we proceeded to stomp the **** out of the rest of the quest, pulling mobs through traps and all the usual stuff, just way quicker and easier than I was used to (surprisingly). About every five minutes the rogue kept asking if the leader had put up an IP LFM so we could fill out the two empty spots in the group. The Paladin kept replying "yes" or "It's up. Just keep moving". At this point no one else had died and nothing was really giving us any trouble. The paladin and my light monk managed to keep everyone topped off pretty well with very little cure potion use. Inside the minotaur cave the rogue stopped in front of the traps and refused to disable anything until the Paladin passed him the star to put up an LFM which the Paladin hadn't done (even though he repeatedly said he had). We all kept telling the rogue that we were rolling through the quest with no problems and that we could probably short hand it. He and the Paladin started going at it. I got up to take a bio break and when I got back the caster had dropped saying something to the effect of "you've got to be kidding me". Then after another couple more minutes of bickering, the Paladin said "fine you guys do this yourselves" and dropped. So now it's just me and a tantrum prone rogue sitting in the middle of the dungeon; he says "Now I'll fill this group out". I don't remember who all joined but I do remember I got gypped out of a decent chunk of XP since there was an over level bard that joined. Plus it took a total of an hour and some change from start to finish due to the drama, DC's and another word that starts with "D" that I will leave out.

This is the first (and so far only) time that I've been in a group that "wiped" due to sheer stubbornness rather than difficulty. Half way through I was positive I was going to "friend" the surviving three and by the end I had squelched two. In retrospect the rogue may have been a perma-death player but I wouldn't expect people that play like that to PuG.

Separately I had a RL friend that played who would quit (I mean esc, quit) the second his wife got home, no matter where we were in a quest. Middle of a boss fight; "Gotta go, wife's home" *ding*. A minute left in a timed quest; " See ya, Wife's home" *ding*.

This guy (while being as whipped as they get) also couldn't fill out a group for ****. He was playing a ranger, I was playing my rogue. He wanted to run WW. He put up an LFM and *ding* another rogue. I hate competing for trap boxes and such but oh well, I'll get in some time killing stuff. Then *ding* rogue\ranger hybrid. At which point I told him that he needs to fix the LFM so that we could get something besides a rogue-ish toon. *ding* another pure rogue and *ding* you guessed it... Which makes 4 pure rogues a rogue\ranger hybrid and a pure ranger. Then one asked "What diff?" and several replied back "Elite". Thus I pulled a (wait for it...) "Dude, got to go. wife needs me..." *ding*. I asked him the next day if they finished and he originally told me that they cruised through it no problem but later he owned up and said they didn't get past the spiders at the end of the first q.

Default Epic Storehouse Secret

I was tanking the sauhauguin (pretty sure that's spelled right) and our PUG battle cleric was only using his sp to dot. He refused to use his sp to heal me, and I have 500% healing amp, so it's not like it's tough to keep me up. I kept having to use my Sheckles of Divinity clickies and I only get 8 uses biweekly and my guildie had to scroll heal me at the same time as he kited the dire rat ambush. Our PUG puzzle solver wouldn't wait for the traps on the puzzle to be disabled, so everytime he would move a floor rune, half the party would die. Not me or my guildies, of course, because we take our **** seriously in Hordes of Legendary Fame, but the half of the party that didn't have Codpieces of Infinity were wracking up the death penalties. Now obviously Epic Storehouse Secret isn't something we would normally PUG, but 3 of our members died last week from massive coronaries that occurred during an epic Stopping the Sauhauguin PUG, which they also wouldn't normally PUG, but we lost a couple other members the week before from tragic armchair accidents. So that's definitely my worst PUG experience of the last six hours. But also, my worst PUG experiences are every PUG experience. The only good thing about PUGs is being able to not-so-subtly attempt to brag about yourself or your guildies in the forums by contrasting yourself against new players. In that way, they are definitely beneficial.

It was not really that bad, but I was once in a normal Shroud PUG on my favored soul when I realized that my mass heals were not healing everyone in part 4.

Turns out three of our warforged melees had thought that taking the Improved Fortification feat and not telling the healers was a good idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12