Default Mouse clicks won't register while moving

Hey everyone. I just started playing again but am bewildered by some strange phenomenon that has taken my gameplay hostage. Most of the time while I'm moving and sometimes while I'm still, my mouse clicks won't register. I had a mouse setting on that 'made it disappear while typing' but alas, no improvement has been shown. I don't know what else it could be. I don't think it's the mouse settings on the control panel, double click speed and all that jazz I've tampered with without any good outcomes.

Not sure what's going on but could use some insight, I really miss this game but this is a huuuge small problem.
    edit: It's not only during mouselook, even clicking through menus. And this delay / nonregistration doesn't occur with any other key. ie, my hotkeys do not lag at all, so I don't think this is a connection issue.
    Last edited by magnvix; 04-12-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Are you playing on a laptop? Certain laptops will disable clicks while using the keyboard to avoid accidentally 'tapping' the track pad.

Even if not, check if you have a similar setting (usually found in your PC manufacturer's settings such as Dell Mouse Setting or whatever these silly things are called nowadays, not the default Mouse settings in Control Panel)

Also, sometimes having some UI stuff (such as the map) in certain places causes an "invisible shield" to be placed over the screen, which prevents the mouse from clicking on things. You could try moving some UI things around on your screen (if your mouse will let you), and see if that helps at all. If not, could you post a screenshot of your DDO UI layout?

A weird accessibility feature didn't accidentally get turned on in Windows, did it?

You could try using a different mouse, just to eliminate the possibility that the problem is related to your specific mouse.

Does your computer have a "USB Filter Driver" update from the manufacturer?

Is your mouse plugged into the computer's USB port, or a self-powered USB hub? How many USB devices do you have plugged into your system?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

I am playing on a laptop but I've been playing on this laptop for over a year and this has never happened in DDO before.

Here's a pic of my layout.

http://i.imgur.com/VosvY.jpg

It's not my mouse, I tried a wired mouse that plugs into USB as an alternative but it didn't change anything. I tried moving some stuff around the UI but that didn't change anything either.

Have you noticed whether it's limited to a linear movement or if it's related to more than one direction key being pressed at once. I know that if I'm moving diagonally (ie. two key directions at once) that I get general funkiness while trying to click with my mouse.

It's for all directions. What seems to be happening is that if I am holding or have recently (within the past second) pressing(ed) any key on my keyboard, it takes a while for my mouse to register a click.

So when I hit Esc and click for options fast enough, it won't register. If I begin running and attack, it won't register. If I wait 3-5 seconds without touching the keyboard, the mouse reacts with no delay as it should, so long as no keys are pressed.

Just discovered this is not only for DDO but for my whole system. Which is really strange, this must be very new.

Hmm. Just a thought.. are you using an external USB Keyboard as well instead of the laptop keyboard? If so, I wonder if the usb controller is having difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHephaestus View Post
    Hmm. Just a thought.. are you using an external USB Keyboard as well instead of the laptop keyboard? If so, I wonder if the usb controller is having difficulty.
    Nope. Only the external mouse.

Customer Service Representative Mirthgar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnvix View Post
    Nope. Only the external mouse.
    It does sound like something similar to what was suggested that something is disabling clicks while repeat keys are being pressed especially since its the whole system. I at first thought 'hide while typing' but that generally just causes the cursor itself to disappear rather than the clicks themselves to not register.

Couple things I'd check are the mouse and keyboard properties. Make sure that the double-click speed and 'repeat rate' (slider) aren't set overly high or low, could be some odd conjunction going on between the two.

Aside from that also post a dxdiag (steps how are in the 'how to get help' sticky in my sig), there's some though limited info on keyboard/mice contained in those that might help.

NOTE: The Customer Support forums are for Player-to-Player help, for official support, please submit a ticket to the appropriate team via the form here.

After contacting support, log into your email webpage to add noreply@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book. Be sure to check Spam/Junk Mail folders as well since most email providers do not let external email programs or cell phones download mail flagged this way.

I was pondering this recent mouse problem thread, and thought of something:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=369001

Which firewall and anti-virus software are you using? Perhaps it thinks your mouse software has keylogger properties, and keep monitoring or blocking it. That could lead to some delay issues.

Do you have any power saving features turned on? If so, your laptop might be lowering the power supplied to your USB devices.

Did you notice any differences at all when you tried using a different mouse with DDO?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

This happens to me on my old laptop too.. I plugged a USB keyboard into it and it works fine... My newish laptop dosnt have that problem... They are both dells.
    Where am I and why am I in this hand basket.
    Main Server: Orien
    Main Toons: Gaarn lvl20 (4th life PM wizard) Broken on MyDDO | Jeran lvl20 (18 rang/1 monk/1 rog)

I don't really know why this worked, but here's what I did:

I went into the control panel and actually turned ON "hide pointer while typing" and restarted.

It works flawlessly now.

And the pointer does not hide itself while I type.

I think my computer may be very confused.