Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 97
  1. #1
    DDO Producer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In Shack.
    Posts
    684

    Talking It's a Party! A Lamannia Party!

    Lamannia Party!

    Hey folks! For the next three weeks we are going to be running a community party on Lamannia! From Thursday April 12th, through April 28th we will be having events on Lamannia! You personally can win 250 Turbine Points once a day, just for showing up! That’s right! Every day, for just for coming to Lamannia you can win Turbine Points. If you win every day for a week that is 1750 Turbine Points! Not a bad deal eh?

    Why are we doing this? Well, we updated some of the backend of the game, including the physics engine. What does this mean…well…everything will be better of course! But…that also means we need to monitor the performance of these changes with “normal” player behavior. There had to be a catch right?

    What we are looking for is anything out of the ordinary, traps not trapping, moving platforms not moving, animations broken on monsters, spells not working or looking weird, bosses not being bossy, and anything else that is out of the ordinary or looks weird when you play YOUR character. These backend systems touch a broad range of features in DDO-the guts of the game so to speak.

    So here is how we will be focusing on the feedback:

    Every two days we will look at a region. There will be Devs/OCR or QA kobolds around every other day to hand out loot, levels and whatnot to make your questing easier.

    So come join us! Have some fun, get some free prizes and hang out with the creators of DDO! Help us get the universe ready for the Forgotten Realms!

  2. #2
    Community Member LeoLionxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    871

    Default

    What do we haveto do to win? Any specific odds you can give? And those TP will be accessable on non- lamannia servers right (just checking).

    Also, I hope you guys are prepared for the massive lagg that will ensue...

  3. #3
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    I promise to try and break it.

  4. #4
    Community Member MartinusWyllt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    And those TP will be accessable on non- lamannia servers right (just checking).
    They would have to be considering you get 2k from pointsalot daily on Lam anyway.

  5. #5
    Community Member grayham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Lamannia Party!

    Well, we updated some of the backend of the game, including the physics engine. What does this mean…well…everything will be better of course! But…that also means we need to monitor the performance of these changes with “normal” player behavior.
    So... Many. ....Questions...GhhHAhahhhghgggg.....

    Big backend changes?
    Due for June 25th release or sneaked in by way of patch?
    Highly visible and obvious or subtle?
    Anything else other than physics???

    (hits submit before question level hits melting point...)

  6. #6
    DDO Producer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In Shack.
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grayham View Post
    So... Many. ....Questions...GhhHAhahhhghgggg.....

    Big backend changes?
    Due for June 25th release or sneaked in by way of patch?
    Highly visible and obvious or subtle?
    Anything else other than physics???

    (hits submit before question level hits melting point...)

    1. Havok upgrade being the biggest one.
    2. There is a U13 Patch 2 before the Lolth arrives.
    3. There will be a few bug fixes, but the big ticket is the physics and animation.

  7. #7
    DDO Producer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In Shack.
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    What do we haveto do to win? Any specific odds you can give? And those TP will be accessable on non- lamannia servers right (just checking).

    Also, I hope you guys are prepared for the massive lagg that will ensue...

    1. Show up is all you have to do.
    2. Turbine points are for Live account use.

  8. #8
    Community Member MartinusWyllt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    1. Show up is all you have to do.
    2. Turbine points are for Live account use.
    Is there going to be a wipe before this?

  9. #9
    The Top Side GoldyGopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    I noticed the server up this afternoon, but I didn't see any updates to my client.

    Is the new engine already loaded?
    Tank full of gas, hamsters feed?

    The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

  10. #10
    Community Member grayham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    1. Havok upgrade being the biggest one.
    2. There is a U13 Patch 2 before the Lolth arrives.
    3. There will be a few bug fixes, but the big ticket is the physics and animation.
    Excellent, sounds great! Thanks very much for the prompt answers.

  11. #11
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    1. Havok upgrade being the biggest one.
    2. There is a U13 Patch 2 before the Lolth arrives.
    3. There will be a few bug fixes, but the big ticket is the physics and animation.
    The points are nice but this is what will be bringing me to Lamannia.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Dagnabit, and my Arty is just a stone's throw away from cap, but I think I might be downoading the Lammy client later tonight...


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  13. #13
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    Dagnabit, and my Arty is just a stone's throw away from cap, but I think I might be downoading the Lammy client later tonight...
    Same here. Do what I am going to do: Cap him twice.

  14. #14
    DDO Producer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In Shack.
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Is there going to be a wipe before this?
    Yes there will!

    noticed the server up this afternoon, but I didn't see any updates to my client.

    Is the new engine already loaded?
    Tank full of gas, hamsters feed?
    Lamannia is not updated yet.
    The engine has been in the development build for a while.
    Hamsters have gas yes.

  15. #15
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Why are we doing this? Well, we updated some of the backend of the game, including the physics engine.
    Before downloading lasagna again i need to know:

    Does physics mean we will not be bounced when jumping to a platform from another? (see coalescence chamber for reference) And maybe LADDERS? (<--worth negrepping)

    What do you mean backend?

    Thanks for your replies.

    Also curious; what is Havok?
    Last edited by Phemt81; 04-10-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  16. #16
    Community Member MartinusWyllt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Yes there will!
    Thanks! And character copy will be reset, I'm guessing?

  17. #17
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Also curious; what is Havok?
    http://www.havok.com/products/physics

    eta: Maybe visible cloaks in the future?
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 04-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.

  18. #18
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Thanks! And character copy will be reset, I'm guessing?
    Please no!!! I have the first life version of phemt there....
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  19. #19
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Before downloading lasagna again i need to know:

    Does physics mean we will not be bounced when jumping to a platform from another? (see coalescence chamber for reference)

    What do you mean backend?

    Thanks for your replies.

    Also curious; what is Havok?
    Think of "backend" as some of the core things that make DDO run, and Havok as the plate upon which the spaghetti that is DDO's awesome combat and stuff sits on. So, essentially, we're making what we expect to be some big improvements, some of which you may notice, but a lot of which you may not, but which allows us to do all sorts of cool things.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  20. #20
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Think of(...) spaghetti
    You got my attention sir!
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload