Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Needs to have an auto-decline for squelched people.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Sounds to me like a good option for folks that want to party up but are too lazy to put up an LFM or don't mind who they get in party.

Sounds like a good choice for those that want to use it.
    Also this works for someone like me who puts up a group and just accepts whoever clicks on it. Less work, easier party options, completely by choice.

Win, in my book. More options = better.

It'll be interesting to see how the implementation works exactly and how popular this option is.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Does this new system have any thing to do with.

1. player A is in the air ship, he see's a lfm for the new quest's that are coming . He joins then is instantly teleported too said area, with out having too run through the Abyss too get there?
    Last edited by die; 04-10-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

Don't see the demand for it but can't hurt either.

just make sure to auto decline for squelched people.

Hmmm...I can see my squelch list growing.
    Note to self: move those special friends to squelch list

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    Does this new system have any thing to do with.

1. player A is in the air ship, he see's a lfm for the new quest coming . he joins thenis instantly teleported too said area with out having too run through the Abyss too get there?
    Which of course would be an advantage to using the auto-grouping function over the standard grouping function...just like it would be for any quest that has an attached walk up through wilderness area.

I seem to recall someone saying there would be no advantages attached to using this feature over the normal method...
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    How about if it will break bravery bonus or just power level someone in the party?
    This is a good point... I can still set the level ranges myself, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Definitely like the leader pass thing. I would run a lot more LFMs if it wasn't assumed that whomever has the star leads, and I hate leading.

This option will definitely resolve that issue for me and I have faith that the other major concerns people have will be addressed.
    Last edited by NytCrawlr; 04-10-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Also this works for someone like me who puts up a group and just accepts whoever clicks on it. Less work, easier party options, completely by choice.
    The auto-transport is real nice... Makes it easier to start a quest, and not have to worry about helping a new player find the quest.

But I still think this might be bad for the new player. It will make it much harder for them to learn the world.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

I would like to second the thanks for taking the time to discuss this new functionality with us. Any discussion that engages both the developer and the player should lead to a better overall experience for all parties.

Hopefully my comments will be clearer than Jersey Water; however I am going to apologize in advance for my rambling.

I can totally see what Turbine would like to accomplish with such a system, reduce server load by eliminating smaller redundant private instances and putting “larger” parties into each instance. My problem comes from how you are going to implement such a system.

Using an extremely low level example:
    You are in Korthos Village and throw up such an LFM, how are you going to actually create the LFM since no “quest popup” occurs upon entering the Korthos Island zone, at least not currently. Will I be able to list what classes I am looking for (kind of like the current LFM structure) or will I be able set requirements on Maximum and Minimum level? How about level requirements in one class (yeah you’re are a cleric 1 barb 19 but we are looking for healer?) How about characters and players I have squelched? How are anonymous players going to be handled?

Assuming you can do this from the LFM panel let us move on.
    How are things like Dungeon Scaling, XP, potential Respawns, rare encounters and the like going to handled?

Anyways my group now has a couple of members and we are ready to step into Necromancer’s Doom;
    Will I need to create a New LFM? Will I be able to modify who I want to join my party based upon what characters are already in my party?

We step into the quest and are working at it for 5 minutes; what happens to my public Korthos Island instance, is it reset? (Seems to me respawns would be a better option)
    How will the player no how long we have been in an instance? How many objectives and optional we have completed?
    Someone joins my LFM you say they get teleported to the quest entrance, but which one the Korthos Island or Necro’s Doom entrance, inside or outside? What happens to our level 1 rogue XP when a level 5 barb pops into the quest?

Here we are fighting Jacob and three party members are down and I have him down to 5% HP and am chugging pots when into the quest pops a level 4 Pally. How is Dungeon Scaling going to work in this sistuation?

What happens when we finish the quest and step back into the Korthos Island instance?

I could repeat those questions for virtually any setting. I could ask about Tear of Dhakaan or quest chain like Tangleroot/Grey Moon/The Catacombs.
    What about Bravery Bonus?
    Are quests and adventure areas going to be expanded?
    Will Dynamic Layers be brought to Eberron or are they limited to Faerun?

I see an issue with the length of time it takes to run the quests to fill a party, veterans know to low-mid level quests just go while new players like to wait for a full party.

I personally dislike the idea of teleporting characters around, the world feels small enough as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu_Ieyasu View Post
    Bunch of stuff here.
    Good questions. I hope these get answered.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    The auto-transport is real nice... Makes it easier to start a quest, and not have to worry about helping a new player find the quest.

But I still think this might be bad for the new player. It will make it much harder for them to learn the world.
    They'll have to learn it to pick up their end rewards. I've tried to guide people to in-progress quests over voice and party chat - it isn't much fun once you're inside a quest in Three Barrel Cove, trust me.

I'd like to see mandatory teleportation available as a checkbox for the party leader. I see this as a tool for getting a quick party of people who are ready to go. We already get enough people who are not flagged, not buffed, not ready, or don't own the content on the existing LFM panel. If this means the end of "shrplz", "anyone have a high level ship", "oh, it's not F2P?", and similar annoyances, then sign me up.

I foresee this "rudimentary logic" becoming very complicated on public instances.

If the LFM is not posted until someone enters the quest, the possible penalty for late entry applies. So I would want to know how long the quest has been in progress before joining. This would then lend itself to knowing the full xp report to know how the quest has progressed.

Is there a special pop-up for you to choose which public instance you want to join if you run upto the quest entrance? Especially troublesome for quests that use the same dungeon entrance like Catacombs.

Does the pop-up appear if my class is filtered out or I am on someone's squelch list?

How will this mechanic work for raids like Tempest Spine or Von?
    3 Rules to Life

1.) "Dont teach a pig how to sing because it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    2.) "Never wrestle a pig in mud, because you get dirty and the pig enjoys it."
    3.) "Never argue with an idiot because people watching cannot tell the difference."
    Krago - Dwarven Barbarian

Pirate Cursed

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Since there is some concern over the recently announced 'auto-grouping' system, I thought I'd shed some light on it.

Coming soon to an update near you: ...snip....
    First off MF, thanks for taking the time to explain this one.

I think the fact that it isn't related to LOTRO is superb.

All in all, it sounds like a nifty idea, though personally I don't expect to be using it that often, though I'd be interested to try it in certain circumstances. Kinda sounds like our typical IP LFM now.

Hopefully this takes the wind out of the D00ooOOm sails for you

I also have no small amount of concern about this being a tool to enable pikers.

Piker looks at LFM panel. Waits for under 10 minutes quest to get to 4-5 minutes and joins. Piker hears the predictable "almost done" and sits at beginning for free xp.

Just saying there is some very obvious piker opportunities here. Heck, a player could concievably never even move their character beyond walking to the trainers to level up through this system...

Just saying there is some very obvious piker opportunities here. Heck, a player could concievably never even move their character beyond walking to the trainers to level up through this system...
    I call that a "feature."

I'm still wondering where this idea came from. Are new players complaining about all the "BYO-everything, Know it, ZERG!" LFM that the TR vets are hosting? This isn't going to change any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Boy View Post
    I call that a "feature."

I'm still wondering where this idea came from. Are new players complaining about all the "BYO-everything, Know it, ZERG!" LFM that the TR vets are hosting? This isn't going to change any of that.
    lol, yup it does help the bottom line for plat farmers who are selling accounts with already leveled toons by cutting out the middle man (chinease prison guards who would force prisoners to play the game) and replacing it with a macro.

I am thinking there will be alot of people who use this to dual box also considering it is better then a /follow command.

I also have no small amount of concern about this being a tool to enable pikers.

Piker looks at LFM panel. Waits for under 10 minutes quest to get to 4-5 minutes and joins. Piker hears the predictable "almost done" and sits at beginning for free xp.

Heh, good point...

Although I must admit I do this now... I'll see a LFM up for something like Sleeping Dust or Ritual, don't feel like doing it, but notice when it changes to in-progress - 15 minutes later, there's still an open slot, so I'll join for a near-free ingrediant (although I do run all the way through to help out with the last 3 fights)

I like this idea. My thoughts...

1) There is definitely a demand for more LFMs. This will increase LFM's by making it easier for them to post and join (teleport option). By making a quick and easy no hassle way of putting up an LFM, guaranteed there will be more of them.
    2) There needs to be a way for players to pre-set LFM options. Some options such as "Bravery Bonus Quest", automatically setting the requirements so everyone receives a bravery bonus, "No XP penalty" etc. The less hassle to players with the system, the more it will be used. I know I won't use it much unless I can preset the LFM settings so I'm not losing my bravery bonus etc.
    3) There also needs to be an auto-public/private setting. Having to select which every quest will be annoying to say the least.
    4) Give regular LFMs the ability to teleport players to the quest entrance once someone has entered. Otherwise, regular LFMs will decrease significantly. There still needs to be a good selection of "regular" LFMs to keep a healthy PUG scene.

I think this is a great idea. I also worry about new players abusing the teleport option though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Heh, good point...

Although I must admit I do this now... I'll see a LFM up for something like Sleeping Dust or Ritual, don't feel like doing it, but notice when it changes to in-progress - 15 minutes later, there's still an open slot, so I'll join for a near-free ingrediant (although I do run all the way through to help out with the last 3 fights)
    Yup, but now it has a timer attached and will teleport you there reducing down all that pesky LFM watching and moving your character to the quest

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Flayer View Post
    Will there be safeguards in place to make sure that players can not enter a public instance if they will cause any of the other players' XP to go to zero when they enter?
    To zero???? I don t want any xp penalty!
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast