Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    Yes, as you move from quest to quest the LFM will automatically update the quest.
    Getting better and better as you throw more details at us!!!
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Thanks, we're considering all of these, especially 1 & 2.
    So you are still considering #4 (no squelched individuals in public parties) then and it is not a basic part of the system design?
    Last edited by Cyr; 04-12-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Thanks for mentioning this.
    I would love to see this feature as well.

By the way, since you're working on the UI, is there any small chance we could get a Non-grata list similar to our friends list (Say an extra tab to the friends list) where we can annotate why the squelch and all that good stuff?

It'd be kinda nice to be able to use our friends list for actual friends, and not have the list half-polluted with people we must remember to avoid. In a similar manner, perhaps the names could be highlighted (say in yellow or something) in an LFM, public or otherwise?

We HAVE asked for this feature for a REALLY long time, and it'd be awesome if you guys took the time to add it.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Exactly. Would love to see something along the line of Player Notes implemented.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by jay203 View Post
    i second the suggestion to make the change to the current lfm to allow withdraw of joint requests
    yus!!!
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Everything sounds fine.
    What i like is the feature which teleports me into the quest, if it work for lets say Vale quests that will be cool. (running there takes more than quest itself)

Problem i see: Will it share me the quest instantly?

Another thought: Not sure how much its needed for the current quest, i understand for some explorer area SRE, and several long quests, but otherwise... maybe it something in conection with future updates and quests.

Nevertheless i dont mind the system, its its rather for +.

So far, this conceptually doesn't really sound like "auto-grouping", but more like "auto-listing"... For the people that post LFMs with IP or S/R/E groups, with an added bonus of teleporting people to the dungeon entrance (man that'd be nice for ADQ1 flagging)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    So you are still considering #4 (no squelched individuals in public parties) then and it is not a basic part of the system design?
    I'm a new player who likes the idea of the new system and loves the Star-Passing function in particular. And even though Cyr and I are on opposite sides of this particular fence, I have to agree with his concern here. Squelched people should definitely not be able to see (much less join) an LFM where the squelcher has the star.
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Community Member

I'd like to add my voice in favor of the auto-group replacing the no deaths xp reward with something else. Yes, I know it's only 10%, but it is something that has the potential to create negativity among the pug groups.

IMO if you want people to participate in this who are uncomfortable with the current LFM system you should remove anything that might cause people in the new system to play the blame game with each other.

Community Member

I like the idea, and hope that it helps bring more folks together to enjoy their DDO experience in groups. Thanks for providing the topic and already answering some of the questions I was going to raise

Apologies if these have been already addressed..

0. Noticed that the lack of a 'withdraw join request' option has been noticed. Thanks

1. Requesting: Fixes for the flagging mechanics of some quests/chains to be less buggy/awkward. For chains that can be run in varying orders, accepting a share/picking up the quest again from an NPC can bork up a player's flagging. Threnal is perhaps the worst in this regard, but the Bloody/Shadow crypt get honorable mentions. Fortunately for auto-grouping, my third suggestion can help to head off this issue somewhat without needing a proper fix to this issue.

2. Suggesting: A recap message of the quest name and difficulty in a player's party chat panel when they join a group.

3. Suggesting: Posting or joining an 'Autogroup' requires that you have picked up the quest/flagged for it.

Please give this one a moment to consider.

It could actually be quite nice to have an auto-group option to try implementing this with rather than imposing it onto the current system that folks are used to. It would mean that auto-grouping would not be ideal for a player who wants to bypass flagging for quests in order to xp farm out a particular quest in a chain, or a quest that has tricky/unappealing flagging mechanics. And that's okay, as a more specific LFM is suitable for such groups.

Combined with a recap message, I think that requiring the player to pick up the quest first would be helpful for new players. Let people read the quest dialogues or skip through them at their own pace, rather than throwing shares at them. Quite often there are tips in the questgiver's dialogue that can help prepare a player for their first time in the quest...

This could be a development that replaces 'share plz' with 'hi' or 'omw'. That may be overly optimistic. Still, there is an opportunity here. At the very least, it would help cut down on frustrations that would arise out of in-progress groups. I'd go so far as to say it would head off the notion of players being levelled to 20 without knowing where anything is, by restricting the auto-grouper's access to xp farms that they're not flagged for.

4. I dunno if this one might be bad with lag, but: Hit the LFG button on a quest journal entry, and the player joins a list of others who have pressed the button for that quest. Let this list be visible to players as potential invites when creating a party on the LFM panel when they select a quest.

5. Not high priority, but: A LFG button fix would be nice - the emote remains on a character even when they join a full group. it often displays incorrectly on the Friends tab, and also sometimes the emote remains on top of a character's head even if they de-select the LFG option. Going /anonymous a couple times can help to fix the emote displaying incorrectly...so this is something that as players we can generally help with by passing on this information...but if the LFG button is going to be used more in conjunction with the auto-grouping system being introduced...it may be worth looking into fixing this minor error
    Last edited by JollySwagMan; 04-13-2012 at 01:53 AM.

I need more clarification on the teleporting aspect.

Do I get teleported into the quest or to the quest entrance?

If I get teleported into the quest, does it bypass previous parts, like the run to Xorian Cipher or Tempest Spine?

If I get teleported to the quest entrance is it only limited to the quest entrances from public places like the Marketplace or is it possible to get teleported to the entrance from quest instances like Xorian Cipher, Tempest Spine, Von3 and the like assuming the party has entered the second part?

I ask because if you can bypass quest portions, I see it as a bad game design. Although I find the first parts of those quests trivial, I do not speak for everyone.

Therefore clarification is needed for my understanding.
    3 Rules to Life

1.) "Dont teach a pig how to sing because it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    2.) "Never wrestle a pig in mud, because you get dirty and the pig enjoys it."
    3.) "Never argue with an idiot because people watching cannot tell the difference."
    Krago - Dwarven Barbarian

On the auto-teleport front...ie the big incentive to use this system.

Short list of non-trivial travel time quests where auto-teleport will be a non-trivial factor.

Waterworks Chain
    Sorrowwdusk/Co6 Chain
    Two quests in Atrax...whatever
    Reaver Refuge Quests
    Vale Quests
    Subterran Raids
    Desert Quests
    Gianthold Quests
    Two Ceruluan Hills Quests
    Threnal Chain
    3BCove (big deal here)
    Amarath Stuff
    Tangleroot
    Necro 4
    Restless Isles
    That one no one runs with the mummies you have to protect
    Bargain of Blood
    Red Fens Chain
    Von 3 part 2
    Xorian Cypher part 2
    Any quest at all when you are at an inconvient location to reach it due to the last quest you did.

Quests where this might allow you to bypass normal mechanics allowing you to do it in the first place without protections put into prevent this due to auto teleport. So this is a hey devs make sure this does not work. If any of these are deemed non-issues then the same thing should apply to parties of any sort of course.

Raids
    Gianthold Tor
    Epics on timer
    Stealer of Souls
    Into the Deep
    Last edited by Cyr; 04-13-2012 at 01:26 PM.

On the auto-teleport front...ie the big incentive to use this system.

Short list of non-trivial travel time quests where auto-teleport will be a non-trivial factor.

Waterworks Chain
    Sorrowwdusk/Co6 Chain
    Two quests in Atrax...whatever
    Reaver Refuge Quests
    Vale Quests
    Subterran Raids
    Desert Quests
    Gianthold Quests
    Two Ceruluan Hills Quests
    Threnal Chain
    3BCove (big deal here)
    Amarath Stuff
    Tangleroot
    Necro 4
    Restless Isles
    That one no one runs with the mummies you have to protect
    Bargain of Blood
    Red Fens Chain
    Von 3 part 2
    Xorian Cypher part 2
    Any quest at all when you are at an inconvient location to reach it due to the last quest you did.
    Yeap, this is part of the incentive. Unfortunately it doesnt teach newbies where to actually go to find all this stuff.

Quests where this might allow you to bypass normal mechanics allowing you to do it in the first place without protections put into prevent this due to auto teleport. So this is a hey devs make sure this does not work. If any of these are deemed non-issues then the same thing should apply to parties of any sort of course.

Raids
    Gianthold Tor
    Epics on timer
    Stealer of Souls
    Into the Deep
    I dont see them making a mechanic that allows people to bypass timers or other quest turn in requirements. If this does happen its going to be hilarious to read all the exploiters banter about how its WAI because they didnt fix the bug for a long period of time or respond to open questions on the forums about it with a definite WAI or BUG answer, while moaning about being booted for X amount of time due to permafarming shroud 5.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidus View Post
    Will the quests be auto-shared as well? Or will people not be able to join the auto-made party if they don't have the quest? Or will it not matter at all and they will be allowed in for favor and xp but no end reward? What about quests that need flagging first?

Will this work anywhere? For example I enter the chamber of rayium and choose public. Can people who have never been to the desert (but do have access to the pack) get teleported to me if they choose or will they get the same messege you get when using some of the airship navigators?

Will people on my squelch list see my public instances and vice versa?

Where will they be put once they teleport to the quest? I assume the entrance.

Will there ever be an option to create a private instance in which new group members are teleported to the quest?
    No to auto-sharing. Ok.
    Re desert: same message. Ok.
    squelch: yes
    Yes to entrance Ok.
    No to auto-teleport for private instances
    In response to the questions and answers in red:
    Re - Squelch ~ Please reconsider how squelch / ignore affects this new grouping method. It really sucks to join a group or have some join your group that you are obviously trying to avoid grouping with, hence the squelch. It is just a waste of time for both parties involved. Also a squelch account like some other games have would be great while we are talking about it.

Re - Auto-teleport ~ The idea is kind of neat. Helps save time, no giving directions, no recalling out to guide someone etc., but it only works if I party with random people. If someone is able to fill a party with thier friends spread out across multiple zones why should they have to wait for travel time when others don't? If you are in a 5 man guild group and a 6th member wants to join why not let him hit the lfm and have the option of being teleported right to the entrance? Hmmm... I just don't see why one group of party forming people gets this huge time saving benefit and the other group doesn't...
    Last edited by Avidus; 04-13-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    ~ Rukan 4/3 pal/mnk(Past Life mnk x3) ~ Ignavus 16 wiz(Past Life sor/wiz) ~ Styphon 20 Game Deformer(Past Life Clr) ~
    ~ Wyek 7/6 mnk/ftr ~ Lystara 5/6/2 ftr/rng/mnk ~ Tinder 12 brb ~

Community Member

You guys/gals have me all confused now regarding squelch.

Squelch: yes as in

Yes, blocked from joining auto-grouping ?

or

Yes, allowed in auto-grouping ?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMageT View Post

or

Atm it is appears that squelched inviduals can indeed be in the same auto group. The clearest comment we have from Madfloyd is that they are considering having squelched individuals disallowed from auto grouping together and that squelched people can see your auto group in the LFM tab.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMageT View Post

or

Should be squelch = blocked. Why would they make a system that encourages players to grief eachother at will? Its the players who are saying that squelched players will be allowed. The propensity of players to interpret every comment made by staff members in the worse possible way never ceases to amaze me.

Now I can see if someone is not the leader of the party and has someone squelched - they could end up in the same group with the squelched person.
    Last edited by Chai; 04-13-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Should be squelch = blocked. Why would they make a system that encourages players to grief eachother at will? Its the players who are saying that squelched players will be allowed. The propensity of players to interpret every comment made by staff members in the worse possible way never ceases to amaze me.

Now I can see if someone is not the leader of the party and has someone squelched - they could end up in the same group with the squelched person.
    Did you forget who we are talking about ? We could play the "Why ?" game all day long

I agree it "should be" squelched = blocked especially as it relates to the party star.

It could be a bit tricky to do the whole

IF (squelch_list_party_member_A..E[] == requesting_to_join_player) denied!
    ELSE accept!

for everyone in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

Nice rose colored glasses. So, Turbine has never made changes that don't favor players? People are asking since they don't have a clear answer. If it was blocked for people on squelch lists, you would have seen them post an answer right away.

There can be a technical reason why they didn't check squelch lists. Maybe, they just didn't consider it.

There are all kinds of issues with auto-grouping (besides the social aspect of not letting certain people join):
    To do Reclamation, you need 18 str to turn the required wheels. Does that mean someone who doesn't have 18 str can't join? What if you have 5 in the group, will it let the 6th person join without 18 str (thus, the quest can't be done). Does it even know what buffs you have / can have to get 18 str?
    How about Von 5? Does it check to see if you have the wis/str for both sides?
    Burning Heart and Xorian Cypher require 4 bodies to open the doors. Does it check and see if you have f2s, can summon hirelings?

So, people are asking questions about these things. It may be obvious to you, but I guess we are just stupid enough to not assume they did it a certain way and have the propensity to ask the question and get a straight answer.

Love your work.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast